bill and eddy

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by bill and eddy Star rating in valencia area. 5 posts Send private message

My partner eddy and i are moving to the valencia area of spain in the very near future. we are a bit confused about internet services in spain as i will be taking my laptop question is

1. Will i need a new provider in spain i'm currently with ORANGE in england

2. Does my laptop need to be reset etc.

Any help re. computors would be appreciated  Many Thanks Bill and Eddy

Like 0      
03 Jul 2007 12:42 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
Well come to the forum Bill and Eddy.

In answer to your questions:

1. You will need to change to an internet provider here in Spain. If you want ADSL, I would recommend Telefonica - they're not the cheapest, but the service is good. Of course this will only be an option if you are moving to an area where it is possible to install landlines  - there are still quite a few places around Spain that can't get phonelines installed, but if this is the case there are other options available.

2. Your computer network configuration may need to be reconfigured depending on the service provider that you choose here, but usually someone will come to install it for you and will have all the settings required. This will not change how you use your computer in anyway.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2007 10:54 PM by hicky Star rating in campello,spain/x tin.... 51 posts Send private message

hi bill & eddy,i live in campello just north of alicante, i still have my land line with telefonica,which of course have to pay rental for but have just changed my mobile ,calls,and internet connection to orange,check with orange in england before you leave,good deal at the moment,   hicky.

ps,i did my contract here in spain,maybe you will have to do it from here not sure,hope this is of help.

This message was last edited by hicky on 7/3/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

solicitor required (orihuela costa) - 6 posts
Fantasy Homes By The Sea Wants You! - 0 posts
local fishing spot - 13 posts
A Type Of Key Holder Or Person To Run Errands If Required. - 0 posts
does anyone know the location? - 10 posts
Did you know that your Pet can travel on the same Thomsonfly flight that you are taking? - 6 posts
Buying dogs in Spain - 3 posts
Long Term Rental needed in Playa Flamenca area - 1 posts
Floods in UK - 2 posts
Stamp Out The Bully’s! - 0 posts
any help please - 7 posts
New roundabout - Leaving Torreveija town N332 - Cartegena direction - 7 posts
long term property wanted for rent - 1 posts
NIE Meet in Torrevieja - 3 posts
Directions - 9 posts
looking for someone to take over our client transfer business - 0 posts
Overseas Property Web Sites Buyer - 0 posts
Overseas Property Web Site Buyer - 4 posts
Dream Hills II - R2 - Plots 123-197 - 0 posts
Prices dropping to realistic levels - 6 posts
WANTED - Long-Term Rental Playa Golf II - 5 posts
Passports free to anyone born on or before September 2, 1929. - 0 posts
id card - 2 posts
Tax on Rental Income / advice please - 1 posts
A question about ToysRUs in Malaga - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x