local fishing spot

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Did anyone watch it ? It was brilliant & over run by half an hour. Started 3.30pm ended about 10.30pm. 63,000 people were there & it was televised to homes all over the world.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2007 12:01 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Morerosado,

I watched the last little bit from "take that" onwards,my mother in law although Italian completely worshipped Diana and was in floods of tears all the way through, as she watched it from the start,i bet those boys would swap every penny and title to have been born into an ordinary family and have their mother by their side today!

A NOT SO FUNNY STORY FROM THE WEEKEND.

As you know it was Rojales Moors and Christian celebration this weekend,which meant the town was closed down.

On Saturday night whilst my Mother in law was playing with my 4yr old daughter she slipped on the terrace and fell awkwardly,i used all my medical training(frozen peas) but she was still in some pain.

Offf we went to Rojales where they have a 24hr emergency medico,parked where i could find quickly and went into urgencias,although she only had her passport(Italian) and no other details she was seen bandaged and told her arm was broken in 5 mins flat!!!!(fantastic service).

We were then told to go to the Vega Baja Hospital for x-rays and confirmation etc.........

Outside we find my car on the back of a tow truck!!!!as i had parked not on yellows but because of the fiesta the whole place is a no parking zone!!

I asked the officer nicely in my mother tongue as you always do when angry(what the flip does he think he's doing)shrug of shoulders!!!! by this time my daughter is in tears as someone is stealing Daddy's car!. my wife and Ma are following behind and they arrive and spy what is happening,they open up with both barrels at these 2 local officers and the tow truck man in Spanish and Scicilian respectively,in 2 mins the car comes off the truck tickets are ripped up and the police apologise to them!!! considering there is a bign sign where the car was stating that anyone parked there will be towed(that i missed)this is a minor miracle!!!

Anyway after the short journey to the hospital and again brilliant service Ma is seen instantly wheelchair,ex ray plaster cast as me and my daughter pick oranges in the car park and play on the swings(i do not like the inside of hospitals)and out again in 90 minutes.

So not a great weekend!!!

The worrying thing is that in 2 weeks my Brother in law,sister in law and father in law arrive fronm Naples with me having to explain how i manged in 5 days to break their mother and wife respectively?

The moral to this story is 1.The health service here is outstandingly good and based on a passport only will treat you with 5 star care with no exception 2.water and marble tiles do not make a fun weekend.

Sorry for boring you with this,but it may put you at ease when travelling here in case of emergencies.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
02 Jul 2007 1:02 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

HI Georgia,   i know that was not supposed to be funny but it did make me laugh must be my sense of humour.  I hope Mother in Law gets better soon I know when my daughter had a broken arm we had to do most things for her.  That sounds brilliant the treatment you received as well.   That is nice to know.   I was going to give you a couple more addresses of people that are willing to rent their apartment out,  but it sounds like you have enough.   Anyway you take care and Mother in Law That will keep me laughing all day.   Regards Pat 

Like 0      
02 Jul 2007 1:13 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Georgia, hi Pat & Roy .

Georgia, I'm so sorry your mother-in-law broke her arm. As you say those marble tiles are not for bouncing off ! I tried same with a glass, not good news !  Still finding bits after months

Like 0      
02 Jul 2007 1:13 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

We are all laughing now!not so funny at the time though.

Could have been worse,could have been me

Thanks for the message,take care.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
02 Jul 2007 1:17 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Morerosado,

Yeah i know,we are still finding bits of mum in law.

Get a plastic set off the market,they are great and they do bounce!

Nice to see you

regards

Georgia

Like 0      
03 Jul 2007 10:26 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi ALL,

More bad news this morning!

One of those new Skodas that they are advertising on the telly crashed into my car this morning!!!!

I have never seen anything like it! jam,sponge and icing everywhere!!

Georgia

Like 0      
03 Jul 2007 10:47 AM by Springsteen Star rating in Wakefield. 54 posts Send private message

It's the Lyle's Golden Syrup that they use in the engine that is the real pain to clean up!

Regards

Barry

Like 0      
03 Jul 2007 10:47 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

Hi Georgia,

Sorry to hear about your Mother-in-law.  As you know I´ve had my in-laws here for 3 weeks now!!!!  Just as a matter of interest, approximatly how much water did you use on the the marble tiles and does it work on ceramic ones???

I met your Skoda man this morning in my local garage, he was complaining the brakes were a bit spongy!!!  Could this be the start of RAMAJAM???

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
03 Jul 2007 10:58 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
I asked the guys in the Skoda garrage if they were difficult to repair, the mechanic said "no, it´s a piece of cake"!!!!

Like 0      
03 Jul 2007 10:58 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi GILLESPIE,

CSI officers at the scene deducted that there was cooking oil on the surface,this caused the surface to become dangerously slippy.

My 4 year old is currently under investigation and may buckle under interogation.

A terrible crime for someone so young!

(4 parts oil 2 parts water will do the job mate,i've tested it on ceramic as well!).

Georgia

Like 0      
03 Jul 2007 11:00 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Gillespie,

Obviously Bernard Manning's routine lives on!!!!

Like 0      
03 Jul 2007 11:07 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
yeah, that´s the last time I eat Pie, Chips and mushy peas!!!

Like 0      
03 Jul 2007 11:11 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Just getting back on topic, do you think Bernard would have gone down well at Diana´s concert??? He did attented a Pavrotti concert once! He was asked if he enjoyed it and replied, "Pavrotti is a miserable bugger, he don´t like it when you sing along" ;+))

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

A Type Of Key Holder Or Person To Run Errands If Required. - 0 posts
does anyone know the location? - 10 posts
Did you know that your Pet can travel on the same Thomsonfly flight that you are taking? - 6 posts
Buying dogs in Spain - 3 posts
Long Term Rental needed in Playa Flamenca area - 1 posts
Floods in UK - 2 posts
Stamp Out The Bully’s! - 0 posts
any help please - 7 posts
New roundabout - Leaving Torreveija town N332 - Cartegena direction - 7 posts
long term property wanted for rent - 1 posts
NIE Meet in Torrevieja - 3 posts
Directions - 9 posts
looking for someone to take over our client transfer business - 0 posts
Overseas Property Web Sites Buyer - 0 posts
Overseas Property Web Site Buyer - 4 posts
Dream Hills II - R2 - Plots 123-197 - 0 posts
Prices dropping to realistic levels - 6 posts
WANTED - Long-Term Rental Playa Golf II - 5 posts
Passports free to anyone born on or before September 2, 1929. - 0 posts
id card - 2 posts
Tax on Rental Income / advice please - 1 posts
A question about ToysRUs in Malaga - 0 posts
Any recommendations for places to stay in Seville? - 5 posts
Transport & Removals - 1 posts
alistair messenger - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x