Fools in the Pool

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jul 2012 10:04 PM by joe1949 Star rating in Manchester. 61 posts Send private message

The silly season is upon us and already my Community have reported drunken pillocks in the Pool at 3.00am making an almighty row. This despite clear Notices that it closes at 10.00pm.

Some are suggesting we call the Police. Has anyone experience of the Spanish Police responding to such requests and if so what did they do? 

This message was last edited by joe1949 on 26/07/2012.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2012 12:30 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Probably will do nothing !

Perhaps best to find who it is and go to them if they are owners or the owner if they are renters.

Always there is someone ( many ) who don't care about the rules and fortunately most of them go home within two weeks!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
27 Jul 2012 12:45 AM by Franny Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

The house beside us is mostly rented out and we have had a lot of bother with occupants making a lot of noise way into the wee small hours. Eventually I spoke to Spanish friends who told me that 11pm is cut-off time for noise, till 8am the next day. Also there´s no noise allowed during siesta time between 2-5.

During one lot of tenants, driven to distraction after several sleepless nights I rang the local police who couldn´t have been more helpful. They sent a patrol car straight away and ...no more noise. Definitely the right thing to do!

Like 0      
27 Jul 2012 12:49 AM by Jacksonsadmin Star rating in Marbella , Malaga. 78 posts Send private message

Joe; Sadly the biggest problems in communities in the summer always seem to centre on the use of the swimming pools.

It is best to call the local police & on most occasions I have dealt with they have been very good .Ejecting the people from the swimming pool & giving them warnings after taking their passport details.

If they get abusive the local police calls in the CNP or Guarda & they are not tolerent people or to be messed with. They will take tourists into custody for the night & the next day to court.

I would advise against any confrontation with the people when they are under the influence of who knows what. If you deal with it directly do so with a witness the next day & follow it up in writing yourself or via the administrator.

It is all a laughing matter to some of these people until there is a accident in the pool at night when no one can see what has happened or help.

F.Parkinson Jacksons Administradoressl.es

f.parkinson @ jacksonsadministradoressl.es www.jacksons-group.com

Like 0      
27 Jul 2012 11:27 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Unfortunately the response from our local police is usually to say that if it's within a private community they can't do a thing, and they merely suggest making a "denuncia" against the offending property owner. When we had kids climbing over the garden walls and using the pool, they still told us they couldn't help - but are quick to point out that putting barbed wire up is illegal because it might injure someone trying to trespass on our property. Even the regular "botellón" that takes place in a garden opposite us until 2,3 or 4 in the morning, the police have stopped bothering with, telling us it's on private land, not a "via pública", so again, tell us to denounce the lanlord - if ony we knew who that was! Chocolate teapots come to mind....

The biggest problems we have, apart from the usual selfish and lazy parents who allow their revolting brats to run amok screaming their heads off disturbing everyone else's tranquility, are people (normally only tennants, owners generally  "get it") giving their keys to friends to come and use the pool when they're out at work etc., and holiday rentals. Fortunately, being a small community, we only have one apartment renting to holiday makers, but the owner, who's b*ggered off to S.America, obviously doesn't care (because it doesn't affect him) what his tennants get up to. Depsite the fact it's a 2 bed apartment, he doesn't care how many stay, so on occasion there's been 7 young hooligans there. We made a rule of only 4 people per apartment to use the pool at any one time, since it's a pretty small pool and can fill up very quickly - but of course they ignored it, and the police don't care one jot.

This message was last edited by Roberto on 27/07/2012.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Jul 2012 12:18 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Roberto. 
                        Just a suggestion, have you made out a complaint against the Polica Local (Complaints book)?

Like 0      
27 Jul 2012 12:51 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Roberto.......i am quite surprised that an Administrator person is saying ring the guardia and they will act!

In theory of course, you can do that, in practice the local police think you should sort it yourself and it's doubtful they will even arrive let alone 'do' something!

johnzx................complain about the guardia, on paper, are you quite mad?

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
27 Jul 2012 3:13 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Karen, I didn't say an administrator told us to call the police. At 3am our adminsitrator isn't around to ask anyway! I have regularly called the local police - sometimes they come to investigate and move people on, but lately they just say they can't do anything. Maybe it's the cutbacks?

John, with all due respect, I am fairly certain that if I was to do as you suggest, I could kiss goodbye to any kind of assistance from the local mafia police ever again.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Jul 2012 4:16 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

NO Roberto I was not referring to you.....................this person   Jacksonsadmin

I knew you would have had more sense than to expect the guardia to call!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
27 Jul 2012 5:15 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Roberto      John, with all due respect, I am fairly certain that if I was to do as you suggest, I could kiss goodbye to any kind of assistance from the local  police ever again.

As you saw, and you commented on, I did just that with that National Police and it resolved the problem.

I have been instrumental in  asking  the National Police for te complaints form, to assist people,  on several occasions and have never experienced  any problems.   I know a lot of people don’t believe, or don’t want to believe it but the police are public servants and are there to assist us.  In my experience they do not react in a juvenile way.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2012 7:34 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I wonder how far the punter would have got without your help, though? You already have a working relationship with your local police, more than likely helped by their knowledge that you were one of them, so to speak, in the UK. In my experience, nobody likes being complained about, especially in an official way, and least of all Spaniards. I will bear in mind your comments though, and next time they refuse to come out on the basis that the botellon is on private land, I will consider whether going to the police station the next day to register a complaint to some pen-pusher who will tell me I have no grounds for complaint because, after all, the botellon was on private land, is worth the bother or not.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Jul 2012 9:30 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Roberto
                   I wonder how far the punter would have got without your help, though?

He had come to Spain from UK,   on the offer of the job, with his young wife and baby and they were staying in a cheap hostel.

It was when he had been told that nothing could be done and thus he said he would lose the job.

So that was the alternative, complaint or no job. 

It maybe that the local police have no power to do anything about anything on private land, but as many offences are committed on private land / premises etc.,  I tend to doubt it.

It was just a suggestion to help with your problems.

Good luck.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish motorway robberies on british tourist etc - 105 posts
Where to buy TV accessories/cables etc - 1 posts
Last Olympic satellite UK TV update - FTA, Freesat & Sky - 0 posts
How do I stop this nonsence - 29 posts
pool - 0 posts
Banks - What can we do? - 0 posts
Taking a UK mobile phone to Spain. - 8 posts
- 0 posts
How do I delete a previous thread? - 0 posts
SAT NAV - 2 posts
Underhand Shenanigans in Formentera del Segura - 0 posts
Brits urged to take out travel insurance as hospitalisation cases soar - 12 posts
Getting rid of a bad administrator. - 32 posts
No transfer document!! - 0 posts
Not looking good - 9 posts
Any vans with space from Valladolid to Alicante? - 0 posts
disabled and looking for a new life in torrevieja-am I crazy or can I actually do this? - 3 posts
Certificate of Non-Residence - 13 posts
OH DEAR, SPAIN ASKING FOR FULL GOVERNMENT BAIL OUT - 1 posts
Driving license - 6 posts
a uk debt - 14 posts
We save people 40% - 60% on the cost of fuel guaranteed - 0 posts
Removal Van For Sale - 0 posts
RENAULT SCENIC 2004 FOR SALE - 1 posts
Advice required on mobile homes - please - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x