“Don’t let a lost passport ruin your holiday!” New video clip for use on news and community websites launched by British Consulates

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jun 2012 3:39 PM by UKinSpain Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

“Don’t let a lost passport ruin your holiday!”
New video clip for use on news and community websites launched by British Consulates

Losing your passport will cost you time, cost you money and could ruin your holiday. That’s the message from the network of British Consulates in Spain who between them handle more than 4,000 lost passport cases every year. For the unfortunate passport holder that usually means a journey to the nearest consulate, time spent making an application for an emergency travel document, and a fee of over 100 Euros. 

So, keeping your passport safe will save you hassle and expense, and avoid you wasting precious holiday time. In order to help British passport holders, the consular network in Spain has produced a short video giving advice on how to keep your passport safe and reduce the risks of having it stolen.

Dave Thomas, British Consul General in Madrid, said “We want to help holidaymakers and prevent passports from getting lost or stolen. This new video is an innovative way of getting across some simple steps to keep your passport safe and prevent your holiday getting ruined.

“We want as many people as possible to see this video, so we’re asking members of the British community in Spain to share it as widely as possible – in Spain and back home in the UK. It doesn’t matter if you’re embedding it in your website, including it in a blog posting, or simply sharing it via Twitter or Facebook. We hope that by distributing the video through our community, we can reduce the number of Brits who suffer the stress and expense of a lost or stolen passport.”

The video can be found on YouTube using the search term ‘Lose your passport, lose your holiday -  Spain’.

And just in case…

Recognising that some people may still lose their passport or have it stolen, the Consulates have produced a second video podcast that provides a step-by-step guide of what to do. This video can be found on YouTube using the search term ‘Getting an Emergency Travel Document’.

Guidance on how to embed or share the videos is given on the YouTube website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBsHiAzvSBg

Like 0      
20 Jun 2012 6:35 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

You can also travel with a photocopy of your passport. A gent on our flight from Murcia to Leeds travelled on a laminated scan and I also know of someone else that was allowed to fly from Italy to UK with a copy.

Mark

Like 0      
20 Jun 2012 7:07 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

I had my bag and all my documents, cards, money etc stolen in Puerto Banus about 6 years ago.  At that time I had simply to make a phone call to the police in English, then go to the local police station where they had typed up my statement and they then gave me a piece of paper to take through passport control, as I was flying back to the UK the next day.

I take it from these two videos that they have now scrapped this system??  It worked and it was totally free, so I suppose someone had to change it!

Like 0      
21 Jun 2012 11:01 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Claire T ... oh yes if it worked and it was free it is against the law in Spain ... it has to not work and not be free to be legal ha ha ... didn´t you know?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Corvera Airport - 10 posts
CAR HIRE COMPANY bSAFECARHIRE ANYONE ?? - 4 posts
- 0 posts
- 0 posts
builders supply water and electric - 8 posts
TRAIN BENIDORM TO CARTAGENA ? - 0 posts
Sportal - 0 posts
Paying off an existing mortgage - 54 posts
Mobile broadband - 1 posts
If any interest for cheap barcelona restaurants.. - 1 posts
VAT on consumables? - 3 posts
POUNDLAND / 99P SHOP - 10 posts
Newbie to the Forum - 0 posts
MODERN AND TRANSPARENT JUSTICE IN SPAIN - 0 posts
Ideas for nice towns within an hour of Alicante Airport? - 21 posts
Orihuela town hall to deal with illegal properties that evade paying taxes. - 0 posts
Teleast - 3 posts
Things to do in September - 0 posts
Good quality external white paint needed - 2 posts
nearest medical centre to Corvera - 2 posts
La Union Accomodation - 0 posts
Enquirey - 1 posts
Reversing Lights - 10 posts
water bill - 2 posts
Chat to English speaking Costa Del Sol -Seville - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x