Good quality external white paint needed

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jun 2012 8:51 PM by paddyw Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

My outside wall looks dreadful.  The paint has flaked and fallen off in a number of places.  I need to repaint it as the neighbours are not happy and I can understand that it brings the look of the place down.  I was going to put on some bonding first so that I have a good base for the paint.  I need a good quality external white paint.  Can anyone advise me on what to buy and where.  All tips and suggestions gratefully accepted.

PaddyW

Like 0      
23 Jun 2012 11:36 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

Very common in spain Paddy... I'm sure they've never heard of preparation!

I'd suggest you wire-brush it down to remove any flaking paint then power-wash and leave for a day or two.

Then use Stabilising Solution (solvent based) prior to painting. It's fairly expensive but definitely best prep to withstand extreme weather conditions whether that be hot/dry or cold/wet.. Sandtex or Dulux are obviously popular choices both for the stabiliser and paint and with paints in general you'll tend to get whatever you pay for. Afraid I've no idea what brands are readily available over there.

This message was last edited by growler on 23/06/2012.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2012 8:33 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar
My Hubby did our exterior walls in Feb and was recommended the PINTURAS ADORAL Mate Professional, Pintura Plastica, Interior - Exterior for a good quality external white paint. Not the cheapest but covered well and looks really good.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

nearest medical centre to Corvera - 2 posts
La Union Accomodation - 0 posts
Enquirey - 1 posts
Reversing Lights - 10 posts
water bill - 2 posts
Chat to English speaking Costa Del Sol -Seville - 4 posts
Ok, i know Catalunya is a big area but.... - 1 posts
Ryanair website???? - 6 posts
shower and gas bottle water heaters - 4 posts
C Bar - 2 posts
Garage Bleepers - 2 posts
Manilva Park Green - 0 posts
Looking to rent top floor apt/townhouse for 3m+ - 2 posts
POTATO VODKA - 0 posts
Suzuki LTZ400 quad. Help required. - 0 posts
PLEASE HELP!! URGENT!!! 3 BED PROPERTY NEEDED. - 0 posts
EMZ car hire - 7 posts
PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! malaga villa urgently required - 0 posts
Question for you... - 0 posts
Expert to help me import uk motorcycle to Spain - 1 posts
Very cheap cars ooyo website - 1 posts
How to complain about medical treatment? Any ideas welcome - 3 posts
pool help - 13 posts
Flat roofing in Durham - 0 posts
Home in Tormos wanted Private Sale only - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x