Teleast

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jun 2012 10:33 PM by tomsmith1 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

I am a client of Teleast Digital and have my Telly and Internet with them, and over the past couple of weeks I have noticed my channels were doing odd things. I have also heard some verof weeks I have noticed my channels were doing odd things. I have also heard some very interesting things about the company. This made me very curious, so I decided to do some research (I have nothing else to do, so this was quite entertaining).

The first thing that caught my attention was that some channels were working, and some weren't. But the bizarre thing that caught my attention the most was that before the paid channels had a $ symbol next to them, but they now didn't. I know that if the encoding on the card was not activated, those channels would not work. So I took the card out to see if they would still work; they did. That's when I really noticed something peculiar. Firstly, that the card I took out, was not from Teleast, but from Torresatelit TV, S.A, I know this company and I felt like I was being tricked.

I phoned my friend, who is also a client of Teleast, and I asked him if he knew what was going on with the Telly, and he told me to first cancel my direct debit from the bank, and since it was not being encoded, I could watch the telly for free! Secondly, he told me to cancel any payments to Teleast, so I did. Thirdly, he told me to just ignore their phone calls for the moment.

I did what he told me, and to my surprise, it actually worked! I can watch telly for free and I got 42€ when I cancelled the last two payments!

I have carried on hearing talk about the company, and I don't think they are fully legal, I could be wrong, but something smells fishy with them. They are putting up billboards, putting leaflets on cars advertising their low priced TV, well now I know that is just not true.

If you are a client of Teleast, like I was, then try what I did and let me know how it goes!

Like 0      
18 Jun 2012 9:26 AM by Pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

Pilgrim´s avatar

I know there is continuing verbal and published contradictions. mostly from Torresat.

I also notice that the blue info. programme panels under the pictures are now blank??

My system also works without the Torresat card (I am with Teleast Digital) but if the direct debit is cancelled, what happens re. the digibox and dish. This would surely mean they can collect and leave you with nothing??

pilgrim

Like 0      
18 Jun 2012 9:42 AM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Hi

Many years ago I used to be a customer of teleast. Then, and I assume still today, teleast are basically a franchise/collection company. In other words they re-broadcast another companies signals and charge you the same as the broadcasting company. I understand that they are now on at least their 4th company,  in about 6 years,  which they have got into bed with. I wont bore you with the history but once I discovered how they worked I stopped using them.

To be brutally honest any company that re-broadcasts BBC and ITV are illegal as neither can, do or will grant a licence to anyone in Spain to re-broadcast their output. Saying that, at the moment, the authorities are not doing anything about it. However who knows what will happen in the future. The only way to get 100% legal U.K. terrestrial T.V. is for you to have either your own or community satellite dish and watch Freesat. If you bring out your own sky card you are breaking the T & C of sky and on the off-chance they find out, they will cut off service to your card, not only here but back in the U.K as well.

As stated on other threads at the moment the strength of signal on Freesat is fantastic due to the fact that they are using a different satellite AT THE MOMENT. I have heard that some time next year the signal, here in Spain, will be very much weaker and you most probably will then need a much bigger dish than now. I am not an expert, just an ordinary member of the public. I am sure the experts will comment on the above. Good luck

Like 0      
18 Jun 2012 10:26 AM by Pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

Pilgrim´s avatar

steone, from what I have read and been informed, you would appear to have the situation correct.

It is a shame that some companies are advertising a smaller, all singing and dancing gizmo dish that gives super reception!!

As a novice, I think it is solely the "temporary" satellite that is giving the improved viewing!!

I was informed that a new satellite will be launched in October of this year and if successful will unfortunately require a larger dish, to that which is currently being installed in many areas.

A very genuine installer told me to "suck it and see", whether the present temp. satellite becomes permanent or not.

pilgrim

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Things to do in September - 0 posts
Good quality external white paint needed - 2 posts
nearest medical centre to Corvera - 2 posts
La Union Accomodation - 0 posts
Enquirey - 1 posts
Reversing Lights - 10 posts
water bill - 2 posts
Chat to English speaking Costa Del Sol -Seville - 4 posts
Ok, i know Catalunya is a big area but.... - 1 posts
Ryanair website???? - 6 posts
shower and gas bottle water heaters - 4 posts
C Bar - 2 posts
Garage Bleepers - 2 posts
Manilva Park Green - 0 posts
Looking to rent top floor apt/townhouse for 3m+ - 2 posts
POTATO VODKA - 0 posts
Suzuki LTZ400 quad. Help required. - 0 posts
PLEASE HELP!! URGENT!!! 3 BED PROPERTY NEEDED. - 0 posts
EMZ car hire - 7 posts
PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! malaga villa urgently required - 0 posts
Question for you... - 0 posts
Expert to help me import uk motorcycle to Spain - 1 posts
Very cheap cars ooyo website - 1 posts
How to complain about medical treatment? Any ideas welcome - 3 posts
pool help - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x