Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jun 2012 3:54 PM by tonypullicino Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Hi All,

Can any body help me!!!

If I had a average 8x4 swimming pool,,how many gallons of water would it hold???

Thanks

Tony

Like 0      
11 Jun 2012 11:27 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Hi Tony,

Firstly, I am assuming the dimensions are in metres and this is what calculations are based on.

Secondly, the number of gallons is also dependent on the depth of your pool.

Thirdly, we are talking about UK gallons.

I have assumed a depth of 1m and calculate that the number of gallons required is 7033 (((8m x 4m x 1m)/ 0.001)/4.55). However deep your pool is, you need to multiply the depth in metres by 7033.

For a pool 1.5 m deep calculate 1.5 x 7033

"    "     "    2  m      "           "            2 x 7033

etc.

I hope the final bit is not too patronising and that the info is useful.

Regards,

Noreen

This message was last edited by nfm2862 on 11/06/2012.

This message was last edited by nfm2862 on 11/06/2012.

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
12 Jun 2012 12:20 PM by tonypullicino Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Hi Noreen,

Many thanks for your info.  Not to patronising at all, plain and simple just like me!!

Tony

Like 0      
12 Jun 2012 1:56 PM by Julianx Star rating in Spain. 61 posts Send private message

Working in metric would be much easier i.e. 48 cu metres of water.

1,000 ltrs = 1 cu mtr

thus 48,000 ltrs in your pool. x 4.54 = 217,920 UK gallons

Unless someone knows better of course !!!!!

Like 0      
12 Jun 2012 2:05 PM by tonypullicino Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Is it me or do both quotes seem so so different????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
12 Jun 2012 2:14 PM by Julianx Star rating in Spain. 61 posts Send private message

Opps.

checked again,  think it should be  229 gallons to the cu metre so  10,555 gallons UK but 48,000 ltrs is right

Metric is so much easier

Like 0      
12 Jun 2012 2:48 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Yes it is !

1m3 = 1000 litres = 1 tonne.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2012 11:09 PM by carl9 Star rating. 136 posts Send private message

Does anyone know how much it costs to refill a pool from the mains water? The pool is 11x 5 metres.

Many thanks,

Carl

Like 0      
17 Jun 2012 12:58 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Hi Tony,

Yeah, thats because the 217 920 is wrong!

I disagree with Julianxthat metric is easier. It depends on what units you were brought up on and as Tony asked the question in gallons, I gave the answer in gallons. All you had to do to my calculations was multiply the answer by 4.55 (rounded to 2 dp) and this would be the metric equivalent.

This is of course assuming the pool is 1.5 metres deep. (Are all pools a standard depth maybe?)

Regards 

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
17 Jun 2012 8:41 AM by Julianx Star rating in Spain. 61 posts Send private message

Noreen  Quote   I disagree with Julianx that metric is easier.

Well some people still think the world is flat too !!!

Incidentally if you think imperial is easier, why do you refer to 1.5 metres deep ? Surly you shpould have said  4.92125 feet, although that is decimal so maybe 4 ' 11.05 or 59 inches ‘and a little bit’ !    Are you really sure metric is more complicated than that ?

And whilst Tony said gallons he/shet also said 8 x 4 but did not stipulate what units he/she was referring to , I guess we all assumed it was metres as we live in Spain, where incidentally water is charged in cubic metres so once one has the number of gallons one would need to convert back to metric to establish the cost here.

Sorry Noreen but still I think metric is easier and I am 72 so educated in imperial units but I changed when I came to Spain.  Working in 10's is child's play and one can often calculate without the use of a calculator.   Example  4 x 8 x 1.5 is 48 cu metres

Like 0      
17 Jun 2012 1:27 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I guess we are all entitled to our opinion of which is easier.

I replied with the amount in gallons because that was the question asked.

Whether metric or imperial is easier doesn't alter the fact the calculation (1,000 ltrs = 1 cu mtr thus 48,000 ltrs in your pool. x 4.54 = 217,920 UK gallons) given by Julianx is wrong.

There are 4.55 (rounded to 2 dp) litres to UK gallon therefore you don't multiply by 4.55 you should have divided.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
17 Jun 2012 1:43 PM by Julianx Star rating in Spain. 61 posts Send private message

Noreen.  If you look I did post a correction  It was :-

Opps.

checked again,  think it should be  229 gallons to the cu metre so  10,555 gallons UK but 48,000 ltrs is right
Metric is so much easier

Like 0      
17 Jun 2012 2:56 PM by Julianx Star rating in Spain. 61 posts Send private message

Carl

The cost of filling a pool is dependent on the cost per cu metre charged by your supplier.

So (as metric is easier) 5 x 11 = 55 x  (the average depth)  say 1.5 Mtrs    =  83 cu metres of water  x  the cost per M3

Like 0      
18 Jun 2012 7:29 AM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Hi

The last time I had to fill my 7 x 4 mtr x 1.5 mtr depth pool my quarterly bill came in at €90.

My normal bill usualy came in at €42 per 2 month.

My Bill includes first 15 q mtr every 2 month used or not

Yes I was suprised.

I do remember a few years prior when still on builders supply filling my pool for the first time.

I left all the residents without water for 5 days

I flew back to UK the next day.

Yes very selfish of me.

Sorry

This message was last edited by El alamillo on 18/06/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Flat roofing in Durham - 0 posts
Home in Tormos wanted Private Sale only - 0 posts
VICTORIA DEL FINCA PARCS GRUPO DE ACCIÓN EN EL JUZGADO DE PRIMERA INSTANCIA - 0 posts
Current Spanish PAYG deals- June 2012 - 5 posts
Anyone Recommend a Bulding Surveyor Costa Blanca South - 2 posts
Its a Loan, NOT a bailout!!?? - 33 posts
Confused - SpanishvMortgage - 1 posts
Possible Bank crash - how does it affect my existing spanish mortgage? - 67 posts
LOOKING FOR A CAR PORT - 0 posts
Is double glazing on new builds regulation now in Spain? - 0 posts
morgages - 1 posts
Ripped off !!!! - 5 posts
Hi from newbie !!!! - 0 posts
VICTORY FOR FINCA PARCS ACTION GROUP LAWSUIT 2 IN FIRST INSTANCE COURT IN HELLÍN - 262 posts
MURCIA AIRPORT Dont Book GOLD CAR - 10 posts
Electric Heater/Gas Bottle/Bikes - 0 posts
Gar Bottle - 0 posts
Alloy fold up Bike - 2 posts
Community fee debt on repossessed property - 2 posts
Moving in Soon - 3 posts
Bank Charges La Caixa ... - 3 posts
Town hall rate's - 5 posts
How Are Things in Your Area? - 58 posts
Interior decorating costs? - 6 posts
- 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x