Residencia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Mar 2012 12:00 AM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

OK - have been to the National Police and got forms EX18 and 730. I THINK I can understand them, but does anyone have a translation of them, please - just in case.

Thanks

Steved.

Steve.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2012 11:53 PM by stillgoin Star rating. 161 posts Send private message

when i did mine the police officer filled out the forms i just signed them

Like 0      
28 Mar 2012 1:53 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Hi Sten,

RE Certificado de Registro de Ciudadano de la Unión)

If you do not understand any part just leave it blank
I am on holiday in Malaysia until 11th April, so I don't have access to the forms, but having worked as a volunteer translator with the National Police for 15 years, I an sure when you present the application, if you have not completed any part, they will help you. (but be aware the gender part, 'H' is hombre, 'M' would be Mujer, woman not 'man')

Incidentally,
                     ‘Residencia’ does not exist for EU citizens but it does for people who come from outside the EU. Thus to refer to Residencia can be confusing. EU citizens apply for an EU Citizens' Registration Certificate.

Good Luck

Like 0      
28 Mar 2012 10:08 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Sten

You know you have to take the 730 form to the bank first and pay over 10 or so euros - then take the stamped 730 and EX18 back to the police station.

Like 0      
28 Mar 2012 8:47 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

John! Thanks for reminding us that you're on holiday in Malaysia. Tioman Island is particularly lovely if you get the chance. I wonder if you went to the Grand Prix last weekend? Funny that you have access to EOS but not to anything else on the internet, such as this: http://extranjeros.meyss.es/es/ModelosSolicitudes/Mod_solicitudes2/18-Certificado_Residencia_comunitaria.pdf

Thanks also for the reminder that you've been a translator for the police for 150 years (like we could forget) - you'd think by now you'd have heard that not all cop shops are as friendly and helpful as the one serving your little Utopia. (understatement)

Oh, and incidentally, constantly telling people that residencia no longer exists only serves to confuse and irritate people who know what they need and are happy calling it residencia.

Enjoy the rest of your jollies...

A quick "Google" found this http://www.kn0wall.co.uk/wordpress/living-in-spain/residency/form-ex18-completion/ with translation of the notes to help complete the form. Hopefully it's helpful.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Mar 2012 9:17 PM by stillgoin Star rating. 161 posts Send private message

surely it would be better if people used the right words then people would know what they are talking. about and it would be possible to help them instead of going round in circles and then moaning because they dont understand?

but you coukld be right john should ju.st stop trying to explain what seems to be unexpalinable to some and just let you muddle along in your own sweet way

Like 0      
28 Mar 2012 9:47 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Many thanks for the info. I DID find all of the comments helpful and I DID understand what they were all about.

Thankyou again

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2012 1:45 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Well said Stillgoin, and the reply was addressed to Steve (not anyone else). I am sure Steve, was reassured to know Johnzx’s background.   Not many give us the reason why they know something.

It seems Roberto is the one who is confused, and stuck in th past. Residencia does exist as John clearly explained.

As for him being on holiday and I am amazed he takes the time to still help, but that is in keeping with his years of voluntary work

.   Thanks John.

This message was last edited by elaineG on 29/03/2012.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2012 2:46 AM by stillgoin Star rating. 161 posts Send private message

thing is this is an oft repeated question on eos and john is forever trying to explain the answer but so many jump in and cause confusion

al lyou have to do is go to national police station with your documents they fill in forms which you take to the bank pay 10 eu back to cop shop it took me an hour and end of story

Like 0      
29 Mar 2012 3:29 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Well thanks to Robert (who is I presume not on holiday) I checked the application form on line (which, for the reason I explained,  I did not have immediate access to).

I hope this brief explanation will answer your questions Steve. If you or anyone else thinks I might help further please let me know.

Good luck.

THE APPLICATION FORM

Section 1
NIE PAS/NIF ignore
1st Surname (or only)     2nd surname
First names    H = male M = female
Date of birth    Town of birth    Country of birth
Fathers first name    Mothers first name
Your nationality   Status C married V widowed D Divorced SP Separated
Address in Spain:  the Road,   Number,  Floor number (if in a block)
Town     Post code   Province
Telephone No.     Email

Section 2
If your representative is doing it this is their section, ignore

Section 3
Where correspondence should be sent, so as in section 1

Section 4
What are you applying for, tick box

Sign and then,  in boxes below
 box I is the place you are signing it so say, Fuengirola,
box 2 Date so maybe 1st 
box 3 April,
box 4   2012
Last line   say Fuengirola    Prov. Malaga

Like 0      
29 Mar 2012 1:34 PM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

I went to renew mine yesterday. Only to be told to go away because it still had two weeks before it needed renewing.

So much for trying to keep ahead of the system.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2012 4:52 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Yes, with everything in spain you cannot renew early ,only the day after !

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2012 10:41 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Many thanks again, John - exactly what I wanted.

Cheers to everyone for their input.

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2012 4:14 PM by Geoff y Pat Star rating in Torre Guil / Sutton .... 90 posts Send private message

I think johnzx is very knowledgable and very helpfull but you must admit Roberto's post is funny.

Geoff

Like 0      
02 Apr 2012 11:44 PM by pengwynne Star rating in Warwickshire and Ten.... 30 posts Send private message

pengwynne´s avatar

The following information is from THE ONE STOP PROBLEM SHOP in Tenerife.

This should apply on mainland Spain:

What type of "residencia" residence document should I have?

This information correct as at Feb 2012

Here are the basic requirements for adult EU citizens in Tenerife Spain:

1) White NIE certificate valid for up to 3 months - then superceded by either 2 or 3 depending on your status · copy and original of application form Ex15 and Modelo 790 for a 9,28 euro payment in the bank, copy and original of your passport when you attend the National Police Station /Extranjeria. Certificate issued on the day. If you already have an NIE number this stays with you for life and you can then jump to point 2 or 3 depending on your circumstances.

2) Green Certificate of registro -from November 2011 this is in a credit card sized format but still made of paper, for indefinite or fixed length stays of over 3 months · 1 copy of application form Ex18, Modelo 790 for a 10,20 euro payment, 1 passport type photo, (if at Las Américas - not required in Puerto de la Cruz) photocopy and original of Passport and copy of an in date Empadronamiento when you attend the National Police station/Extranjeria· issued on the spot.

3) Certificate of NON residence for Spanish Bank - stays in TOTAL of under 6 months in any one year · Original & copy of application form Ex15, Modelo 790 for a 10,20 euro payment, photocopy and original of Passport when you attend the National Police station/Extranjeria· Issued 3 to 4 working days later. Most Banks will see to this on your behalf if you have a non-residents bank account with them, but they do make a charge for the service.

So lets look at these and other different types of document in more detail:

Firstly
EU citizen’s registration Certificate
This was issued as a green coloured A4 watermarked paper but from November 2011 this is in a credit card sized format but still made of paper….. For people living in the south, its issued at the National Police Station in Las Americas
Obtaining a green certificate is an immigration requirement for anyone who stays here in Tenerife for periods of longer than 3 months at a time, it will show your NIE which is a foreigners identity number, but if you don’t already have an NIE number you must apply for one first see above and you should already be on your local authority's Padron.
You should also go back to the National Police Station and revoke this certificate if you return to the UK for good.
In other words the European powers-that-be have decided that 3 months holiday at a time is long enough for anyone!

Incidentally if you don’t go back and you stay here in Tenerife for 5 years continuously and intend to stay for an indefinite period after
that, then you should obtain the permanent resident’s version - which is still a green paper but has a slightly different wording on it.

UPDATE as of 29 November 2011

The format of the European Citizens Certificate of Residence in Spain has changed again with effect from (in Tenerife) 29 November 2011.

The certificate is now being issued in credit card size although still printed on green paper.

Certificates issued in the A4 format (see below) are still valid.

On to number 2
The 2nd type of residency document is a
Certificate of Spanish FISCAL residency. This shouldn't be confused with the immigration requirements dealt with above.

You can get a Spanish Fiscal residency certificate from the Spanish Tax office called the “Hacienda” and this is basically a confirmation that you paid your income taxes, on earned or unearned income in Spain, in a particular year, or are registering to do so from now on.
Taxation is a very complicated subject, but as a rule of thumb if you spend 183 days or more in Spanish territory during any one calendar year .. a Spanish Tax year runs from January to December by the way…. Then you will be fiscally resident in Spain.

Now lets talk about number 3
Residency document Number 3 will be completely phased out by April 2012 but for the moment there may still be some of you with an in-date small plastic Residencia cardwith your photograph on, if there are, you probably already know that when this expires you will be required by law to get a green coloured card sized certificate to replace it.

The fourth document is an NIE certificate – this is a white A4 paper which is now issued only to Non residents to show that they have an NIE number,

The NIE number stays with you for life, but these days the white coloured certificate itself is only valid for 3 months from the date of issue, I know this was different for some people under previous regulations but that’s what happens for new applications now.

The 5th type of document is for Non Residents who have a bank account here in Spain and they need a Spanish Certificate of NON Residency,
This is also a white A4 document and also carries your NIE number it can be issued by the Police Station in Las Américas if you want to go there and apply for it yourself, but more usually the bank where you have your Non resident’s account applies for it on your behalf (for which privilege they charge you by the way) This certificate is usually renewed every 2 years.

On to document number 6.. this is used by both Non fiscal residents and fiscal residents alike if they have a permanent base here in Tenerife. That can be owned or rented long term.
This is called a certificate of Empadronamiento: The certificate which is valid for 6 months, proves that you have been registered on the Municpal census (Padron) as living at your current address in Spain.
You should advise the Town Hall of any changes of address, but in any case if you have not had any dealings at all with your town hall during a five year period you are required by law to re-register.You would use this certificate to prove your address for things like a car purchase for example.

And finally number 7 which is a new requirement for 2011

If you are Non Fiscally Resident – remember that means you don’t pay your income taxes here, but do own property here in Tenerife and you also let that property out to long or short term tenants, from January this year you will be required to obtain a UK bi-lingual certificate proving fiscal residency in the UK.
This is a dual language document and is issued by your local UK tax office and is valid for 1 year.

THIS IS ONLY IF YOU LET YOUR SPANISH PROPERTY OUT FOR GAIN If you do not get rental income in Spain you continue to do Non-Resident’s deemed annual income tax returns…

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Return of deposit - 16 posts
Long term rental advance payments advice.... - 2 posts
Clampdown on rogues in Spain - 1 posts
Ex Pats Gay Groups - 4 posts
Actual weather in Manilva / La Duquesa area? - 3 posts
Murcia Area- Working Potteries around Totana, Murcia Area - 0 posts
Smart Car for sale or swop - 1 posts
Have our eye on Spain - 24 posts
HOTEL KEY CARDS - 6 posts
Wanted, red/silver gas bottle - 0 posts
Homestay in Spain - 0 posts
COURT STAFF CUTS - 1 posts
Sue & Brian Here.. looking for dog friendly hotel/B&B/motel near Logrono Area.. - 0 posts
Builder for fencing needed in Riviera del Sol, Mijas-Costa - 1 posts
Apartment for rent - 0 posts
Car rental insurance for UK visit - 2 posts
Baja Consular is it cruel joke - 12 posts
Mercedes SL or similar WANTED - 0 posts
Cost of automatic swimming pool cleaner (suction or electrical driven) - 2 posts
What´s on in Formentera del Segura This Week - 3 posts
scam from china - 1 posts
Need a white van man - 0 posts
Hz - 13 posts
we are looking for a fantastic electrician ................. - 1 posts
working in spain as an electrical engineer - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x