Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Mar 2012 7:02 PM by stillgoin Star rating. 161 posts Send private message

hi mishmash

i note your comment spain is a corrupt and immoral place

i live here and have never seen evidence of this

i know it occurs in some circles but these do not affect me

i leave things lying arround the supermarket for example whilst shopping and no one ever touches them

i think you might be confusing not understanding  with criminality 

re criminality and immorality have you visited the uk recently?

pehaps you should apply the motto of the roman empire

SI VIS PACEM PARRABELUM

if you seek peace prepare for war

then the war wont happen

i trust you dont say such things in public

Like 0      
13 Mar 2012 9:32 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

Gosh, stillgoin...where, exactly, do you live?  If only we had all bought properties there! No corruption and no immorality. Are there no banks, no lawyers, no Government officials, no prostitutes on the roundabouts and no 'Night' clubs?

Sorry.  Couldn't resist that...but, really, no-one is suggesting that the average Spaniard is immoral or corrupt. On the contrary, as you will read many times on this site, most of us hold the average Spaniard in very high regard.  But you cannot just ignore the fact that immorality and corruuption is rife amongst the Spanish Banking and Legal profession.  And you can say all you want about the UK but I am absolutely convinced that the problems so many have recounted on this site (and others) concerning the Spanish legal system ie; justice for the few, bare no relation to the British legal system in the UK ie; justice for all (or as good as it gets!).  So, now lets get back to what this thread is really all about, please....

Like 0      
13 Mar 2012 10:15 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

I have personal experience of the English legal system and that can also be a farce (although I am not saying its corrupt)! All countries have their issues and faults and none are beyond some form of critique IMO

Like 0      
14 Mar 2012 12:21 AM by stillgoin Star rating. 161 posts Send private message

maddie i live in andalucia and no we dont have the nasties you mention. the police here are really quick on the scene we have lawyers mine was great spanish fluent english did house buy in a month and after actually refunded me a big chunk of money as they over estomated the cost!

we have banks most junk but ours is fab all speak english and always remember me and the manager a perfect gent and very helpful

like i said 

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

works every time

Like 0      
14 Mar 2012 10:33 AM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

Hi, We used a British broker out in Gibralter  (Mike Barkess of Compass Independant 0034 952883676) and our euro mortgage is with Leeds Permanaent.  He charged us 1000 euros but he did get us a great deal.   It's the mortgage add-ons such as inflated survey cost and the lenders solicitor's fee that bumped the cost up.  I would agree if you could find equity from your UK house and be a cash buyer it'll save you heeps of money.

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
14 Mar 2012 11:54 AM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

Thanks for the reply, stillgoin.  It's good to know there are areas without the 'nasties'.  Maybe Andalucia is the place to look for that rental on the mainland where we'd like to spend some time in the spring and autumn.  We spent time looking at the area inland from Malaga some years ago (Alora, Almogia, Alaurin etc) but didn't buy there as it was so expensive at the time.  Now that we can get something at a price we can afford, we have been put off by all the horror stories!

Like 0      
14 Mar 2012 12:14 PM by helcatamy Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hi all - wow did not realise I would have started such a thread!

We are not going to take that mortgage offer. We are looking at other options and I have contacted a couple of places to see if they can help get us a mortgage. Fingers crossed for a result at some point!

Thank you to everyone who has posted advice on this, I have been contacting the contacts given and hopefully one of them may help. If anyone else knows of a good advisor or company to try and get the mortgage through please do let me know!

Will update if anything more comes of it :-)

Like 0      
14 Mar 2012 12:30 PM by dumbbunny Star rating in Spain. 10 posts Send private message

dumbbunny´s avatar

A Spanish man, who loved money more than just about anything, said just before he died to his wife, "Now listen Maria. When I die, I want you to take all my money and put it in the coffin with me. I want to take my money to the afterlife with me. When he died she did what she had promised, came over with the money box and put it in the coffin. Then the undertakers locked the coffin down, and rolled it away. So her friend said, "Maria, I know you weren't fool enough to put all that money in there with your husband!"

She said, "Listen, I'm a Christian. I can't go back on my word. I promised him that I was going to put that money in that Coffin with him. "You mean to tell me you really put that money in the coffin with him!!!!? "I sure did," said Maria. "I wrote him a
cheque." I work in the Spanish legal profession.

Like 0      
12 May 2012 11:23 AM by helcatamy Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Ok well there have been developments now and need more advice! We turned the offer of the bad mortgage down. The history on this is that we had originally said we were still thinking about whether we wanted to put the deposit down, I just happened to login to our bank account one day and saw they have taken our 1000 euro deposit without our permission. Anyway I contacted them both - estate agent and solictor, they say its ok if you do not get the property you will get your deposit back as it is in the contract. I requested the contract imediatley - it says that we do get the 1000 euro back so we said ok we will see then what the bank says with the original mortgage offer (that was much lower rates!) ofcourse this did not happen, the mortgage offer - if there was one - was withdrawn. Then they come up with this awful offer, we say no, they say maybe another bank.....we decided we have dragged this on long enough and if we try for another mortgage its another 300 euro for the valuation again so no we do not want to carry on, it has been going on for nearly 2 years! Anyway I then have contacted the solicitor to say please return our deposit now. She now says she cannot because we have had an offer and turned it down. I have said to her over and over again now that the contract is not valid as we originally did not agree to give the deposit. They are not playing ball. What can I do now? We cannot lose thsi  money, I will be all over the internet with their details soon but I need to know how to proceed - I saw some people on the forums who had similar problems - can someone help me please?! Thanks so much.

Like 0      
13 May 2012 1:48 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Perhaps find another lawyer - it rather sounds as if this one is failing to act in your interests and its you paying the lawyer - not the bank estate agent or anyobody else. I would recommend contacting Maria de Castro on here as she will no doubt suggest what you should do to recover your 1000 Euros if it was taken without your authorisation and outside of contractual terms.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Do I need a licence? - 5 posts
Private Messages - 1 posts
English football with a 3 oclock kick off - 2 posts
Atalaya golf share - 1 posts
EGM and who can vote - 18 posts
Roda (Golf and Beach Resort) Furniture Package for Sale - 0 posts
Solar Power on Communities - 23 posts
English channels. - 3 posts
EUC (Residnents committe) meeting debacle - 0 posts
information wanted about Energysaversspain please.save up to 30% on electricity? - 4 posts
transfer onto spanish plates - 3 posts
Lawyrs fees on claiming back Capitol gains tax - 5 posts
UK or Spanish Mortgage? - 1 posts
Generic Bank Guarantee's - 24 posts
Stroppy Tenant - 6 posts
Kindle with 3G - 17 posts
Standing Charges - 4 posts
high chair - 0 posts
travel cot - 0 posts
A question for Justin re Blog comments - 3 posts
Mobile Internet - 14 posts
Claiming back IVA in UK or Spain for refurbishment - 7 posts
A Big Thank You - 4 posts
Campsite? - 4 posts
Rejas and Security Alarms advice - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 30

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x