Lawyrs fees on claiming back Capitol gains tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Mar 2012 12:00 AM by carly007 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

I am in the process of selling my apartment in Torrequebrada (at a loss) and i am due back approx 3900 euro, capitol gains, my lawyer is quoting 600 euro to reclaim this for me, i think this is very expensive any comments? she also informs me that although i paid non residents tax Dec11 i will have to pay agin this year, plus as i was owner of apartment on 31`st Jan 12 i will again have to pay this years council tax 615e and rubbish bill, seem all very expensive and unfair, any one with similar experience

Carole

Like 0      
03 Mar 2012 6:30 PM by PablodeRonda Star rating in Ronda (Málaga). 76 posts Send private message

600 is a rip-off, in my view. I assume you're talking about a refund of the 3% retention at the time of the sale. Go and see a gestor - they should do it or much less.

By law the owner of a property on 1 January of a given year is liable for the IBI (council tax) and basura for that year. When you bought, the vendor will have paid these bills for that year. So it's swings and roundabouts.

Not sure about the non-resident's wealth tax but it's probably the same.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2012 5:19 PM by carly007 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

many thanks but what is a gester

Like 0      
04 Mar 2012 6:23 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Your lawyrs are taking the piss out of you, i sold a property3 years ago 3% held back for 18 months, the tax people paid it back into my spanish bank a/c, but nobody told me they had done this only found out via cash machine, dont pay them any more money.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2012 5:21 PM by PablodeRonda Star rating in Ronda (Málaga). 76 posts Send private message

Hi, Carly

A gestor is a "fixer", someone who sorts out officialdom on your behalf. They're much cheaper than lawyers.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2012 10:51 PM by carly007 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks i will try and find one when i am out next

Carole

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

UK or Spanish Mortgage? - 1 posts
Generic Bank Guarantee's - 24 posts
Stroppy Tenant - 6 posts
Kindle with 3G - 17 posts
Standing Charges - 4 posts
high chair - 0 posts
travel cot - 0 posts
A question for Justin re Blog comments - 3 posts
Mobile Internet - 14 posts
Claiming back IVA in UK or Spain for refurbishment - 7 posts
A Big Thank You - 4 posts
Campsite? - 4 posts
Rejas and Security Alarms advice - 5 posts
Electricity & Utilities. - 17 posts
Roof Bars wanted - 0 posts
Hi i am new here - 0 posts
Dickmanns car hire no thanks - 8 posts
Should i pay a reservation deposit??? - 42 posts
looking for a reputable estate agent in the granada area to sell a property - 5 posts
Worst bank - 5 posts
Rollator Walking Aid for sale €95 - 0 posts
non resident civil partners Inheritance Tax on death of partner - 6 posts
Dacions still being granted ? - 4 posts
What sort of picture quality should we get on SKy generally - 2 posts
Association of Citzens - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x