Stroppy Tenant

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Mar 2012 12:00 AM by Tonico Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

My tenant has decided not to pay his rent this month because he had to pay a 475 euro electricity bill. He has told me to take the rent from his deposit. I have pointed out that his Contract states that the deposit is held in casr of damage or breakages and his response was that he only signed the Contract so that he could get an NIE number.

Am I within my rights to give him a months notice as it says in the Contract, or what else can I do. Is there anyone on here who can tell me please

From Tonico

Like 0      
02 Mar 2012 9:20 PM by mrnkar Star rating in Lancashire. 55 posts Send private message

Is this the same person that parked the very very expensive car in your garage, if so they sound a bit suspicious to me.

Regarding giving them a months notice to quit, it all depends on what in in the contract they signed with you.  Karen

Like 0      
02 Mar 2012 9:30 PM by Tonico Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Yes Karen, same tenant. The contract says 1 months notice either way. He is ignoring my ermails. What if I just withdraw all my money from the bank so the bills don't get paid?

Like 0      
02 Mar 2012 10:09 PM by mrnkar Star rating in Lancashire. 55 posts Send private message

Don't think that would work withdrawing your money as if the bills are in your name it will give your a bad credit rating. Do you pay the bills and then charge them?  Was the bill a lot more than normal and if so is there a reason why and do you show them the bills.

I am not a legal person so cannot give advice on terminating the contract, but hopefully someone else in the know can answer for you, or maybe whoever else was involved in the writing of the contract.  Karen

Like 0      
02 Mar 2012 10:17 PM by Tonico Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

i PAY THE BILLS AS THEN CHARGE THEM  BUT HAVE NEVER HAD ONE THAT HIGH.  I THINK I WILL JUST GIVE HIM NOTICE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. tHE CONTRACT DEFINITELY SAYD 1 MONTHS NOTICE EITHER WAY

Like 0      
24 Apr 2012 11:22 AM by Gina101 Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

If he has money to pay for such an expensive car then the least he can do is pay what he owes you without making a big deal out of it..

Like 0      
24 Apr 2012 12:57 PM by Abyss_Rover Star rating in Mallorca. 72 posts Send private message

Be a little careful. Tenants in Spain have more rights than landlords. Although I believe they have passed a new law, making the eviction process quicker.

If the person appears to be shady, in any way, maybe if you instigated a visit from the police (without them knowing it was you), maybe he would vacate sooner than you think?

www.finditfme.com The new, advanced way to find what you are looking for.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Kindle with 3G - 17 posts
Standing Charges - 4 posts
high chair - 0 posts
travel cot - 0 posts
A question for Justin re Blog comments - 3 posts
Mobile Internet - 14 posts
Claiming back IVA in UK or Spain for refurbishment - 7 posts
A Big Thank You - 4 posts
Campsite? - 4 posts
Rejas and Security Alarms advice - 5 posts
Electricity & Utilities. - 17 posts
Roof Bars wanted - 0 posts
Hi i am new here - 0 posts
Dickmanns car hire no thanks - 8 posts
Should i pay a reservation deposit??? - 42 posts
looking for a reputable estate agent in the granada area to sell a property - 5 posts
Worst bank - 5 posts
Rollator Walking Aid for sale €95 - 0 posts
non resident civil partners Inheritance Tax on death of partner - 6 posts
Dacions still being granted ? - 4 posts
What sort of picture quality should we get on SKy generally - 2 posts
Association of Citzens - 2 posts
Sabadell take over of Cam - 23 posts
Reserving one's vote at an AGM - 2 posts
MANILVA BUSINESS - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x