Standing Charges

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Mar 2012 12:00 AM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

After 8 months I have just managed to view my Iberdrola accounts on-line. My bills have been paid directly from my bank and I assumed (wrongly) that some of them might be estimated.  I know electricity is deemed expensive in Spain, but at the moment I can only get to Spain 3 or 4 times a year for 2 weeks at a time, so do not use much. My property is an apartment. Is it possible to change my contract to one where I would pay more for what I use individually, instead of paying standing charges even though I am not there, or am I perhaps stuck with a community deal where everyone pays standing charges, which might benefit permanent residents, or does everyone in Spain pay standing charges, please can someone advise?

Like 1      
02 Mar 2012 5:42 PM by gcarton Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

I think all tarriffs have some element of standing charge. If you have the supply cut off, you face a re-connection fee. Attached link has all the tarriffs in English.

Guy

https://www.iberdrola.es/webibd/corporativa/iberdrola?IDPAG=ENWEBCLIHOGELE&codCache=13307058755314148

Like 0      
03 Mar 2012 7:03 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I cannot understand any problem with a bill being estimated (although on line one can enter the actual reading and you will be re-billed). Any over estimation or under is automatically corrected when the next actual reading is taken. Of course changes in the actual charge per the units may change and one may be paying a little higher (or even lower) for a few units than with an actual reading.

I monitor my electric account and two others for my non resident sons. I get email notification that the new bill is ready, before it is sent to the bank, and, for me, very simple to understand what is being charged for what. 

Just checked an on line bill:- 

There is the standing charge,
The units consumed between actual readings
Less or plus, if the last bill was estimated.
The Gov surcharge
Hire of the meter
The total.

The Spanish:- 

Facturación
Producto: TUR BT GRAL <= 10 KW
Energía eléctrica
Concepto C lculos Importes
FACTURACION DE LA POTENCIA 4,4 KW x 29 DIAS x 0,056375 EUR/KW Y 7,19 DIA
FACT. CONSUMO LECTURAS REALES 502 KWH x 0,142349 EUR/KWH 71,46
ABONO CONSUMO ESTIMADO -324 KWH x 0,142315 EUR/KWH -46,11
IMPTO.SOBRE LA ELECTRICIDAD.LEY 66/1997 32,54 EUR x 1,05113 x 4,864 %1,66

EQUIPOS DE MEDIDA 29 DIAS x 0,019672 EUR/DIA 0,57

. ___________

. Subtotal 34,77

. IVA NORMAL 18 % de 34,77 6,26

Total Factura

41,03 €

Like 0      
03 Mar 2012 7:03 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I cannot understand any problem with a bill being estimated (although on line one can enter the actual reading and you will be re-billed). Any over estimation or under is automatically corrected when the next actual reading is taken. Of course changes in the actual charge per the units may change and one may be paying a little higher (or even lower) for a few units than with an actual reading.

I monitor my electric account and two others for my non resident sons. I get email notification that the new bill is ready, before it is sent to the bank, and, for me, very simple to understand what is being charged for what. 

Just checked an on line bill:- 

There is the standing charge,
The units consumed between actual readings
Less or plus, if the last bill was estimated.
The Gov surcharge
Hire of the meter
The total.

The Spanish:- 

Facturación
Producto: TUR BT GRAL <= 10 KW
Energía eléctrica
Concepto C lculos Importes
FACTURACION DE LA POTENCIA 4,4 KW x 29 DIAS x 0,056375 EUR/KW Y 7,19 DIA
FACT. CONSUMO LECTURAS REALES 502 KWH x 0,142349 EUR/KWH 71,46
ABONO CONSUMO ESTIMADO -324 KWH x 0,142315 EUR/KWH -46,11
IMPTO.SOBRE LA ELECTRICIDAD.LEY 66/1997 32,54 EUR x 1,05113 x 4,864 %1,66

EQUIPOS DE MEDIDA 29 DIAS x 0,019672 EUR/DIA 0,57

. ___________

. Subtotal 34,77

. IVA NORMAL 18 % de 34,77 6,26

Total Factura

41,03 €

Like 0      
08 Mar 2012 8:42 PM by costa.del.sky Star rating. 97 posts Send private message

You can actually now, if you are not living in your property, and wish to avoid paying the silly estimated bills, you can call or go online and enter your meter reading. Endesa do it via the phone (in Spanish) and so do Iberdrola, you can also do it online if you register with thier website.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

high chair - 0 posts
travel cot - 0 posts
A question for Justin re Blog comments - 3 posts
Mobile Internet - 14 posts
Claiming back IVA in UK or Spain for refurbishment - 7 posts
A Big Thank You - 4 posts
Campsite? - 4 posts
Rejas and Security Alarms advice - 5 posts
Electricity & Utilities. - 17 posts
Roof Bars wanted - 0 posts
Hi i am new here - 0 posts
Dickmanns car hire no thanks - 8 posts
Should i pay a reservation deposit??? - 42 posts
looking for a reputable estate agent in the granada area to sell a property - 5 posts
Worst bank - 5 posts
Rollator Walking Aid for sale €95 - 0 posts
non resident civil partners Inheritance Tax on death of partner - 6 posts
Dacions still being granted ? - 4 posts
What sort of picture quality should we get on SKy generally - 2 posts
Association of Citzens - 2 posts
Sabadell take over of Cam - 23 posts
Reserving one's vote at an AGM - 2 posts
MANILVA BUSINESS - 2 posts
saint malo to malaga - 2 posts
spanish mortgage - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x