Earthquake

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by The Real Mary Poppins Star rating in Quesada, Rojales. 8 posts Send private message

The Real Mary Poppins´s avatar

Hi there, I know it's late on a Sunday night but I've just heard a rumour that there was an earthquake this morning about 10miles from Rojales.

Does anyone know if this is correct?

Like 0      
06 Feb 2012 2:57 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Check it out here:-

http://www.ign.es/ign/main/index.do

Like 0      
06 Feb 2012 9:00 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

From the following website (relating to 5th Feb 2012):

http://disaster-report.blogspot.com/

·  M 3.5 very shallow earthquake in Spain(@ 5 km depth) with epicenter located 6 km S Benejúzar (San Miguel de Salinas, Spain). It will have well felt in Rojales and Murcia. Murica is the nearest populated area with population 406,807!
UPDATE
Instituto Geografico Nacional Madrid, Spain mentions Maximum intensity IV
Felt Reports as Received by "Disaster Report" through contact form
Janis from San Miguel de Salinas:
Felt at Urbanisacion La Canada San Miguel de Salinas. Woken around 0600 by very loud rattling of all doors and shutters. Very noisy lasted a few seconds. Cat not impressed either!
Lianne from Dolores: Living in a mobile home it woke me up. the rumbling was short but impressive.

Maggie mahony from Orihuela costa: We woke up this morning 6ish to the house shaking but thought it was dream until my son asked me I felt it too... scary , have to admit... we live in Los Altos near Via park 3, orihuela costa
Michelle from Rojales: i live in center of rojales and live 4th floor in a apartmentand got woke up with apartment shaking badly thought a lorry had crashed into block it was quite scary
Don & Ruthie from Formantera del Segura, Spain: Felt the bed shake early morning - went back to sleep. Thought it was a dream until partner said she felt a quake early hours - scary!

04:43 UTC (local time 05:43; 2012/02/05 @ epicenter)
EMSC Felt Reports>
Did You Feel It!!  Click here
Benijófar: That was quite disturbing!
Almoradí: it seemed to me like a big truck passing throughRojales: Too dark to check for damage, but will do so in daylight.
Orihuela: Woke everyone in the house up and scared the kids.
Torrevieja: Loud, shaking, tought that the roof was about to fall, i live on the 5 floor, usually i dont wake up to anything
Torrevieja: Picture fell of wall,  voilent shudder and rattling of lights and glasses for about 2/3 seconds
Guardamar del Segura: Third and worse tremor I have experienced in Guardamar in 9yrs. This one, as previous comment, was accompanied by noise, loud rumbling and shaking of the house. Also felt two very slight tremors a few minutes later.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2012 10:22 AM by The Real Mary Poppins Star rating in Quesada, Rojales. 8 posts Send private message

The Real Mary Poppins´s avatar

Hey there, thanks for your prompt replies.

When my husband called me yesterday morning he said a loud noise had woken him around 6am but he just went back to sleep again.  It was only last night I realised it might have been something more than the cat downstairs!

Thanks again.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mazarron apartment - 2 bed and 1 bath. - 1 posts
Working in the UK and having shares' dividends in Spain - 1 posts
Working in the UK, with share dividends in Spain - 0 posts
Recommendations for child friendly restaurants - 2 posts
EXPATS WALK FOR THEIR VILLAGE - 0 posts
surina - 4 posts
cats - 0 posts
FREEZING YUK - 6 posts
Riding a motorcycle in spain on a full uk bike licence - 6 posts
MR WIPPY - 3 posts
ITV test - 4 posts
Barclays Bank Espana accounts - 0 posts
Medievil Market in Orihuela - 5 posts
How Spain has changed in 10 years....??!!!! - 73 posts
GC Resorts / Silverpoint / Las Canarias. Advise please - 8 posts
Wanted koi carp - 1 posts
De-registering a Spanish Mortgage - 0 posts
Spanish gas boiler legislation in a rental property. - 3 posts
Non resident tax form certificate charges at Sol Bank - 3 posts
Water usage - 6 posts
cam mortgage - 8 posts
Calls from 1004? - 6 posts
Internet - 2 posts
gas,elec,water,services - 3 posts
Another Scam - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x