Riding a motorcycle in spain on a full uk bike licence

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Feb 2012 00:00 by ash73x Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

 I have a full UK car and bike licence, do i have to take a bike test in spain as well after converting my uk licence? or does the uk bike licence cover me? Can i ride on uk plated bike as long as it is out of spain every 6 months? and how long before i can return for another 6 months?

Like 0      
04 Feb 2012 18:40 by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4017 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Your UK licence is fine in Spain and if you were to move here you wouldn't need to change it until it expired.

I'm not sure about the other part of your question so I'll let someone else jump in on that!



Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 Feb 2012 19:07 by ash73x Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

 Hi, thanks :)

So if i move i never have to do another test as long as i have a valid uk or converted to spanish licence?

Like 0      
04 Feb 2012 20:37 by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4017 posts Send private message

04 Feb 2012 21:02 by ash73x Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

 Nice one, thanks for your help 

Like 0      
05 Feb 2012 10:56 by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5247 posts Send private message

But if you become resident, either through registering as an EU citizen living Spain or by becoming Tax Resident (explained fully elsewhere) then you cannot drive / ride a non Spanish registered vehicle (except in very special circumstances, an emergency, testing etc)
Also, if you are driving on a UK licence then you must conform with requirements of obtaining medical tests as a Spanish licence holder would. If you do not,  your UK DL is invalid.,

Like 0      
05 Feb 2012 15:05 by ash73x Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

 Thanks John, i'm just not sure how long i will be in spain yet. If i am in spain for more than 6 months i assume it would be better to buy a spanish bike after becoming a resident and convert my licence.  A medical test should be no problem if that is the case.

I have a bike at home in UK but its too much hassle to import it when i may some day return home. Do you know if it's much easier to export from spain to uk than uk to spain?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

MR WIPPY - 3 posts
ITV test - 4 posts
Barclays Bank Espana accounts - 0 posts
Medievil Market in Orihuela - 5 posts
How Spain has changed in 10 years....??!!!! - 73 posts
GC Resorts / Silverpoint / Las Canarias. Advise please - 8 posts
Wanted koi carp - 1 posts
De-registering a Spanish Mortgage - 0 posts
Spanish gas boiler legislation in a rental property. - 3 posts
Non resident tax form certificate charges at Sol Bank - 3 posts
Water usage - 6 posts
cam mortgage - 8 posts
Calls from 1004? - 6 posts
Internet - 2 posts
gas,elec,water,services - 3 posts
Another Scam - 1 posts
derrama extraordinaria - 2 posts
Car Value? - 3 posts
New Smartphone- please help!!! - 3 posts
Cam Bank Wrongful Charges - 4 posts
Convalidation forms - 2 posts
Problem with Firefox? - 9 posts
Claiming job seekers allowance in Spain - 56 posts
Q for Justin - 6 posts
Car Import Taxes etc. - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x