Water usage

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by lufc_wudi Star rating in Rothwell, Leeds. 15 posts Send private message

Hello everyone,

I have a 3 bed villa with pool in Murcia, is there anyone who can tell me what the water consumption should be?

Thanks

Jane

Like 0      
02 Feb 2012 3:01 PM by Fighter2 Star rating. 237 posts Send private message

If you have no leaks on your pool or your irrigation or your water supply to the property inside your gate and assuming 2 of you doing the normal things such as showering each day and washing every other day consumption in the winter should be approx 0.3 M3 or 300 ltrs per day or approx 15 -18 M3 per two month period.

You obviously have high consumption and subsequesnt bills or you wouldn't be asking the question so I give you an example of a friend of ours with the same 3 bed villa and pool who had a leak inside his garden area of the potable water which no one saw, it was not visible at all above ground and he had consumption of 600 M3 for the 2 months that he had the leaks.

Also don't discount that someone could be tapping into your supply if you are not resident, we have seen that happen more than once also.

Barry

Like 0      
02 Feb 2012 4:00 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

We have a borehole on our smallholding with a 5000 l deposit which decants into a 300 l tank for domestic use. Sometimes, for one reason or another I have to fill this 300 l tank by operating a tap - as opposed to it filling up automatically - and so know from experience how far a 300 l tank goes. Our water is pumped out of the 300 l  tank by an electric motor whenever a tap is turned on, so all the taps are "power shower".

A long shower, such as taken by visiting teenage kids flattens the 300 l in 10-15 mins. A normal shower uses 100 l. My wife and I can just about get by on 300 l a day, but barely. In normal use we would use 600 l  day for the 2 of us, including 1 or 2 showers each daily , washing machine 3 times a week, dishwasher daily. This does not include watering of garden, flower pots, etc which takes another 300 l in 10-15 mins (twice a day in summer)

So, if there's more than 2 of you, particularly incl kids, I wouldn't be surprised if you used M3 a day. I don't know how much a pool uses, but could imagine top-ups could use 300 l a pop in summer. 

Like 0      
02 Feb 2012 5:08 PM by Joe1 Star rating. 135 posts Send private message

Joe1´s avatar

All things being equal, can anyone put a real annual cost (Euro) on this?

Like 0      
02 Feb 2012 6:11 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

There are a few factors here such as is there a garden?  How big is the house (some boilers are far from the taps and you waste a lot of water waiting for the hot water to come through).

But typically, I think it's around €500 every two months for a reasonably sized house with pool and garden.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
03 Feb 2012 7:28 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

It is illegal to fill or top up a swimming pool from agua potable, drinking water ,  or agua regadio , irrigation water. The only legal method is by water tanker.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2012 10:07 AM by Fighter2 Star rating. 237 posts Send private message

Justin

If you are paying anywhere near €500 every two months you should have liquid gold coming through the taps !!!! €50and you are much nearer the mark and we live in Mazarron, Murcia....where we have the dearest water in Spain.

Barry

This message was last edited by Fighter2 on 03/02/2012.

This message was last edited by Fighter2 on 03/02/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

cam mortgage - 8 posts
Calls from 1004? - 6 posts
Internet - 2 posts
gas,elec,water,services - 3 posts
Another Scam - 1 posts
derrama extraordinaria - 2 posts
Car Value? - 3 posts
New Smartphone- please help!!! - 3 posts
Cam Bank Wrongful Charges - 4 posts
Convalidation forms - 2 posts
Problem with Firefox? - 9 posts
Claiming job seekers allowance in Spain - 56 posts
Q for Justin - 6 posts
Car Import Taxes etc. - 2 posts
Strange demand?? - 1 posts
Best banks in Spain - 32 posts
Guardia Civil introduce new rules for foreign cars - 41 posts
Fuente Álamo de Murcia any information would be helpful - 2 posts
Sad - 5 posts
Best Euro Route Finder Please - 6 posts
Auriga Crown car hire ceased trading - 11 posts
Renault Scenic '98 Turbo Diesel for sale. - 0 posts
Interim Charging Order - 5 posts
Filing accounts at the Hacienda - 10 posts
Bunk beds wanted - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x