ITV test

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by sheil Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me how far in advance can you book an ITV test before it is due? - is it like in UK where you can test it within a few weeks before

Also if it fails the ITV how long do you have to correct the problems ? Thanks

Like 0      
04 Feb 2012 12:12 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Go on line to book it here

http://www.itvcita.es/

If you have the correct information to enter you can choose your day and time

Like 0      
04 Feb 2012 2:23 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Had to let mine over-run by almost a month this time. It passed anyway and the next one is due 12 months from the date of the actual test not the originally scheduled date, so I've won a month!

You are allowed 15 days to get any faults repaired and re-present the car for a re-test which is free at the original test station..

Cost of the original test in Andalucia is 42.50€ for a diesel.

In theory,  your details are passed to the trafficos if your car is not represented for a re-test.

Re the itvcita website...If you are using F/F and have a problem...

there is a slight difference between the pages presented on Firefox and those presented on IE. The firefox page requires the vehicle registration and the date of first registration. The IE version asks for vehicle reg and the last six digits of the VIN number. I normally use F/F for all browsing but on this occasion for some reason the itvcita opening page wouldnt accept the date of first registration as a valid date. So I tried again using the IE version and the test request went through without a hitch.

HTH

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
04 Feb 2012 3:50 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

You can put a vehicle through the ITV at anytime,  but the next one is still due in either the two or one year, from the date of that test, depending on the age of the vehicle.

I am reliably informed that one is NOT PERMITTED to drive a vehicle on a road if the ITV has expired.

I spoke to my insurance company and asked if I could have the vehicle taken to the ITV free by grua, under the policy. They said I would have to pay for the service.

Thus, as I was going away for 3 months, and the ITV would have expired whilst I was away, I had it done a couple of months early.

Shell, Foxbat answered your question in an earlier post about re-testing when a vehicle fails.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2012 7:53 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

Foxbat

Lucky you if you can get it free within 15 days. On the North Costa Blanca the charge is roughly half price, depending on class of car, but I have 60 days to get it done. Mind you it did cost me €100 fine for being 5 months late (sharp eyed copper!) Yes, my fault I know.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Barclays Bank Espana accounts - 0 posts
Medievil Market in Orihuela - 5 posts
How Spain has changed in 10 years....??!!!! - 73 posts
GC Resorts / Silverpoint / Las Canarias. Advise please - 8 posts
Wanted koi carp - 1 posts
De-registering a Spanish Mortgage - 0 posts
Spanish gas boiler legislation in a rental property. - 3 posts
Non resident tax form certificate charges at Sol Bank - 3 posts
Water usage - 6 posts
cam mortgage - 8 posts
Calls from 1004? - 6 posts
Internet - 2 posts
gas,elec,water,services - 3 posts
Another Scam - 1 posts
derrama extraordinaria - 2 posts
Car Value? - 3 posts
New Smartphone- please help!!! - 3 posts
Cam Bank Wrongful Charges - 4 posts
Convalidation forms - 2 posts
Problem with Firefox? - 9 posts
Claiming job seekers allowance in Spain - 56 posts
Q for Justin - 6 posts
Car Import Taxes etc. - 2 posts
Strange demand?? - 1 posts
Best banks in Spain - 32 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x