Auriga Crown car hire ceased trading

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by ladyv Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Just received an email from economy car hire confirming that Auriga Crown are to cease trading in the next few weeks - I assume the few weeks is to get back the cars that are currently hired out. Shame to see such a large concern falling, but I guess its a sign of the times. Plenty of other car hire companies still about - but might prove interesting in the summer if there is a shortage of cars.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 3:11 PM by gcarton Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

Very odd because their website is up and running and taking bookings for February. Did the email come from them?

Guy

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 3:31 PM by ladyv Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Yes I noticed that their website is up and running still too - I received the email from economy car hire (a broker), but they did confirm that all bookings are being allocated to other suppliers - but I also received a email on friday evening from do you spain saying that a large car hire company was going out of business.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 4:32 PM by tangledman Star rating in Puerto de Mazarron. 45 posts Send private message

tangledman´s avatar

My friend works for them. I saw him last week...they are opening an office at Corvera Airport.

AurigaCrown are huge...I doubt this is true.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 4:32 PM by tangledman Star rating in Puerto de Mazarron. 45 posts Send private message

tangledman´s avatar

My friend works for them. I saw him last week...they are opening an office at Corvera Airport.

AurigaCrown are huge...I doubt this is true.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 5:19 PM by duesy Star rating in West Yorkshire and H.... 21 posts Send private message

duesy´s avatar

in my experience they are the worst car hire company i've used - if its true, i wont miss them

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 6:04 PM by Scout Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

Scout´s avatar

Should someone not contact them and find out? I mean, Ladyv would it not be worth forwarding them the email you received? If it was my business and my potential customers were being contacted to say I was going out of business and there was no truth in it I'd be pretty cross about it. 

Then again, if no one is going to miss them...

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 6:40 PM by Flybynight Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

Flybynight´s avatar

Read this blog for more info, just seen it.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 7:27 PM by ladyv Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

I have sent a message via the contact us button on the auriga crown website, I will let everyone know if I receive a reply. I have to say though, that economy car hire are a reputable broker in the UK, and I would imagine Auriga would have a strong legal claim, if economy car hire haven't told me the correct information. There are other blogs and community discussions on eye on spain saying the same as me, that they have received similar emails. I have also checked on the auriga crown website - doesn't look like you can book any car after the 29th Feb for anywhere in Spain!!

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 9:25 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Also here, someone saying the same thing, that they are closing.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 9:49 PM by Scout Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

Scout´s avatar

Maybe they are just going to relaunch themselves under another name to try and shake off the stigma of the price fixing allegations. Better to do it sooner rather than later I suppose.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2012 12:10 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Wouldn't be at all surprised if this is connected with the Spanair faliure

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Renault Scenic '98 Turbo Diesel for sale. - 0 posts
Interim Charging Order - 5 posts
Filing accounts at the Hacienda - 10 posts
Bunk beds wanted - 0 posts
Help for changing Aqugest water supply - 6 posts
Spanair Bust ? - 4 posts
What questions are allowed at an AGM - 8 posts
HEATER, COOLER, HUMIDIFIER ONLY 50 EUROS COSTA DEL SOL - 3 posts
TV CABINET. ONLY 30 EUROS. COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
TV CABINET. ONLY 30 EUROS. COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
DOUBLE BED ONLY 50 EUROS WITH MATTRESS. Costa del sol - 1 posts
2 heaters for only 20 euros each. Costa del sol - 0 posts
SELLING 2 SINGLE BEDS WITH MATTRESS AND WOODEN BEDSIDE TABLE ONLY 100 EUR - 0 posts
What are my rights? - 1 posts
Youth employment - 3 posts
Hi has anyone purchased one of these apartments in Vera Paya http://www.propertyinspain.net/property-for-sale/property.aspx?id=15680 - 3 posts
Chemtrails - 4 posts
Satellite TV Q&A - 0 posts
ICP Installationn - 2 posts
Spanair - 0 posts
I am fuming! THEY HAVE VOTED FOR A 20 - 30% increase in fuel prices - 12 posts
A bit of camera advice please! - 9 posts
Dacion en Pago Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Changing electricity provider (Q&A) - 41 posts
Wanted - decent second-hand Road Bike (i.e racer not mountain bike) - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x