Interim Charging Order

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by Noclue Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi

I am looking for help on a issue I think many may be having.

I very stupidly got tied inot buying a Spainsh property many moons ago with promises of guarranteed income etc etc.

I guess I am one of the luckier ones as it was built etc and I started to pay the agreed mortagage.

But after about 18 months I hit financial difficulty and fell behind.

I then received a letter from a UK solictior on behalf of Spainish bank asking me to pay the full balnace on mortgage or legal action would follow.

So I wrote asking explaining the financial situation with an offer of what I could afford along with the income outgoings sheet.

The property has not been reposessed so instead of wanting the balance of the mortgage after the sale of the house they want the full amount in one lump.

I got no responce for months and now have received a Interim Charging order on my UK property.

I am not living in it as due to the difficulties I have I have moved back in with my daughter and wife to her parents and rented the house to ensure I can pay that mortgage.

Its intrest only on the UK house and it was bought for £250k with £25k down but was recently valued at £220-230k in the current market.

Whats my next move?

Does the interim order mean they can force me to sell the house if the order is upheld?

Does it go against them they never responded to my offer?

Can they go after what is effectively my family home?

Can they not be forced to sell the property in Spain and simply claim and shortfall (my offer would clear that cosiderably quicker than the fulll balance!)

I did pay the mortgage for 18 months or so and I realise it is my responsiblity but I have made a genuine offer (£97.24 against a month motgage of £800 a month).

All help appreciated! I am going to attend the hearing but I need tio know what format to put my arguement in and what I should focus on.

I am happy to pay the debt at an agreed amount but really dont want to sell my family home or have something hanging over it

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 1:31 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

It would seem that you need clear legal advice based on the full facts.

I really do not think you are going to get the help you require from this forum.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 2:10 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Noclue:

You need to have the help of both UK and Spanish Lawyers or a UK Lawyer with inderstanding of Spanish Law and Language.

Is it an European Enforcement order which was issued against your property in the UK?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 2:18 PM by Noclue Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Many thanks for the reply.

I all seems to being done in the UK based on UK law.

It did not mention the European Enforcement law.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 2:31 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

ASk your UK lawyer to verify too if the enforcement procedure in Spain has been duly conducted.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 2:32 PM by Noclue Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Filing accounts at the Hacienda - 10 posts
Bunk beds wanted - 0 posts
Help for changing Aqugest water supply - 6 posts
Spanair Bust ? - 4 posts
What questions are allowed at an AGM - 8 posts
HEATER, COOLER, HUMIDIFIER ONLY 50 EUROS COSTA DEL SOL - 3 posts
TV CABINET. ONLY 30 EUROS. COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
TV CABINET. ONLY 30 EUROS. COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
DOUBLE BED ONLY 50 EUROS WITH MATTRESS. Costa del sol - 1 posts
2 heaters for only 20 euros each. Costa del sol - 0 posts
SELLING 2 SINGLE BEDS WITH MATTRESS AND WOODEN BEDSIDE TABLE ONLY 100 EUR - 0 posts
What are my rights? - 1 posts
Youth employment - 3 posts
Hi has anyone purchased one of these apartments in Vera Paya http://www.propertyinspain.net/property-for-sale/property.aspx?id=15680 - 3 posts
Chemtrails - 4 posts
Satellite TV Q&A - 0 posts
ICP Installationn - 2 posts
Spanair - 0 posts
I am fuming! THEY HAVE VOTED FOR A 20 - 30% increase in fuel prices - 12 posts
A bit of camera advice please! - 9 posts
Dacion en Pago Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Changing electricity provider (Q&A) - 41 posts
Wanted - decent second-hand Road Bike (i.e racer not mountain bike) - 2 posts
Switching our Spanish mortgage to a British one - 14 posts
Anyone installed a stairlift? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x