Help for changing Aqugest water supply

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by annclark Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Has anyone managed to get Aquagest to change their water supply from 20 mm dia to 13 mm, thus incurring

smaller water charges? If so, what was the procedure and cost incurred?

On our urbanization of 180 properties, 69 have the 20mm dia supply. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as

to why this is. I have been to Aqugest office five times but get nowhere. I should be grateful for

any help or advice.

Ann

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 11:55 AM by Fighter2 Star rating. 237 posts Send private message

Hi Anne

Please explain further about the different water charges related to the diameter of the pipes to an individual property.

Normally water charges are based on the standing and minimum charges plus the actual consumption that apply to an area, there is considerable variation across Spain not only for unit costs x consumption but also standing and minimum charges . I have not heard of the issue of pipe diameter determining charges.

What area are you in, by area I mean the ayuntamiento which sets the charges.

Barry

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 12:07 PM by lostagain Star rating. 57 posts Send private message

** EDITED 

- Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 30/01/2012.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 8:05 PM by annclark Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi Barry

I live in Villamartin whiich is near La Zenia

The pipe which goes into the water meter, (found in the community water cupboards) has the size embossed on it.

With ours, the 20mm ones are green while the 13mm ones are smaller.and, I think, silver in colour.

If you look at the bottom line on your Aquagest factura the first figure on the left denotes the size of the supply. you are paying for.

There does not appear to be any reason why some have one type and some the other. Some 1st floor apartments have

20mm whilst others have 13mm . Each type of house, big or small have both types.

I have been trying to get mine changed for nearly two years, and had worked out that I would save around 200 Euros per year.

Regards

June

Like 0      
31 Jan 2012 10:43 AM by Fighter2 Star rating. 237 posts Send private message

Hi June

We have just 'got rid' of Aguagest from Mazarron Country Club so I will have a look at an old factura and come back to you but that is a new one on me...I suppose you could just employ a plumber to fit a reduced pipe size just before your meter???

Barry

Like 0      
31 Jan 2012 6:31 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

I have never noticed this problem with my water charges, but in the UK it is normal for the standing charge to be based on meter size.  Most dwellings have a 15mm supply and where applicable a meter.  The next meter size will be 22mm, 28mm, 30mm, 42mm etc to coincide with imperial sizes 1/2",3/4",1",1 1/4", 1 1/2", etc.  The problem is that the standing charge escalates rapidly with each jump in meter size, the standing charge for a 6" meter being thousands of pounds per year.  It's probably similar in Spain where all new properties are metered.

M.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2012 10:11 AM by annclark Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi Barry

Unfortunately, not that simple the pipe and the meter have to be changed by Aquageste and there is

my problem!

Regards

Ann (June)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanair Bust ? - 4 posts
What questions are allowed at an AGM - 8 posts
HEATER, COOLER, HUMIDIFIER ONLY 50 EUROS COSTA DEL SOL - 3 posts
TV CABINET. ONLY 30 EUROS. COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
TV CABINET. ONLY 30 EUROS. COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
DOUBLE BED ONLY 50 EUROS WITH MATTRESS. Costa del sol - 1 posts
2 heaters for only 20 euros each. Costa del sol - 0 posts
SELLING 2 SINGLE BEDS WITH MATTRESS AND WOODEN BEDSIDE TABLE ONLY 100 EUR - 0 posts
What are my rights? - 1 posts
Youth employment - 3 posts
Hi has anyone purchased one of these apartments in Vera Paya http://www.propertyinspain.net/property-for-sale/property.aspx?id=15680 - 3 posts
Chemtrails - 4 posts
Satellite TV Q&A - 0 posts
ICP Installationn - 2 posts
Spanair - 0 posts
I am fuming! THEY HAVE VOTED FOR A 20 - 30% increase in fuel prices - 12 posts
A bit of camera advice please! - 9 posts
Dacion en Pago Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Changing electricity provider (Q&A) - 41 posts
Wanted - decent second-hand Road Bike (i.e racer not mountain bike) - 2 posts
Switching our Spanish mortgage to a British one - 14 posts
Anyone installed a stairlift? - 2 posts
Ceiling Fans - 2 posts
5 million WOW - 2 posts
Babysitting - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x