I am fuming! THEY HAVE VOTED FOR A 20 - 30% increase in fuel prices

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Can the European Union survive these half-witted excuses for statesmen and politicians; and their thousands of unelected lobbyists, enforcers, advisers and consultants? They ARE the recession. How many of us can absorb 20 – 30% increase in fuel prices; what will this do to the already fragile economies of Europe? Might I add, in particular Greece, SPAIN and Italy. What a blasted on goal; I despair of them. Read this in Der Spiegel.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
28 Jan 2012 1:46 AM by Scout Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

Scout´s avatar

I empathise with the frustration Mike, at a time when people are trying to make less stretch further it's not welcome news. But of course the other side of the coin is, should we turn a blind eye to Iran's atomic ambitions and its diabolical record on human rights in order to secure cheaper oil?

I´m not sure we can pick and choose our moral stand points based on how much they hurt our wallets.

But yeah, it's been handled attrociously. The EU should really have thought about it a bit more carefully before embarking in a game of political brinkmanship with a regime of fanatical hardliners, especially if the best you have is "Do as we say or we wont buy your oil. Actually we will buy your oil for a few more months because we need it. But then mark my words, we won't be buying your oil if we can organise alternative supplies that are reasonably competitive ..."

I mean it does just look pathetic.

Like 0      
28 Jan 2012 7:46 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

The first one in is the last one standing !

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
28 Jan 2012 4:37 PM by harddunby Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

I have just come back from Murcia driving up through France and it is the first time that the Spanish pump prices have equaled the French Auto Route prices. With the Uk ones still heading skywards it will soon be a £100 a tank full. We will be back to the sixties when a gallon was all you put in.

Like 0      
28 Jan 2012 5:50 PM by vikki666 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Well China will be rubbing there hands with glee !!     they will now take all of Irans oil for a lower price than they can buy from the Saudies ?  the sooner the EU is given the boot the better, whats happened to trading  with the world??  sanctions have never worked in the past and never will in the future,  the best way to stop Iran from developing Nuclear Bombs is to keep talking and trade with them, or perhaps there are other reason,s they want  to punish Iran  ,   namely Israel. get real EU .

Like 0      
28 Jan 2012 11:01 PM by D_B_S Star rating. 178 posts Send private message

vikki666 - world trade is alive and well other than a few countries all are free to trade with who ever thwy wish. Membership of the EU does not stop you trading with who you wish. Indeed in many ways trading is made easier by some of the EU standars. No longer do you have to manufacture to meet differing French, German or Greek standards, you can now manufacture to a common standard and ship to all the EU countries.

As someone who lives less than 100Km from Iran they are feared by all the neighbouing countries. On the road north out of Dubai is the largest concentration of Typhons and rocket launchers ever and they are all pointing East. Same in most of the other local countries.

Iran is not a country you can have a chat too.

David

Like 0      
29 Jan 2012 12:28 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

THESE SAY IT ALL REALLY DON'T THEY?

'The enemy aggressor is always pursuing a course of larceny, murder, rapine and barbarism. We are always moving forward with high mission, a destiny imposed by the Deity to regenerate our victims while incidentally capturing their markets, to civilise savage and senile and paranoid peoples while blundering accidentally into their oil wells.’ John Flynn, 1944.

‘The conquest of the earth, which mostly means the taking it away from those who have a different complexion or slightly flatter noses than ourselves, is not a pretty thing when you look into it.’ - Joseph  Conrad

‘It is yet another Civilized Power, with its banner of the Prince of Peace in one hand and its loot-basket and its butcher-knife in the other. Is there no salvation for us but to adopt Civilization and lift ourselves down to its level?’ - Mark Twain

Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception.’ : Mark Twain. The Mysterious Stranger 1916.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

Like 0      
29 Jan 2012 8:29 PM by fighter2 Star rating. 237 posts Send private message

So you prefer the unchallenged sceptre of Iran and a Nuclear Weapon Mike..... sometimes I despair at the short sighted selfishness of folk.

Barry

Like 0      
29 Jan 2012 9:13 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

My job requires wide ranging in-depth research of the issues from various sources. I don’t rely on the Western media nor should others. I never cease to be surprised at how some continue to believe the Western media despite their constantly being caught telling lies, distorting the truth, and of course telling only half the story. Every war, the same old fibs but some have either a short memory or prefer the comfort of self delusion.

A case in point is the illegal and, contrary to the UN mandate, overthrow of the Libyan government and seizure of that nation’s wealth. They don’t even try to cover up, let alone excuse the rape of that country.  Where are all the BBC, CNN and other reporters now; the battles; murder and mayhem are still going on? There is no need for them; they achieved their objective, softening up the folk back home for NATO’s invasion and looting. Such is their arrogance. How long since Iran (Persia) threatened, invaded or attacked any country?

Facts; Iran does not have any nuclear weapons; there is no proof that it is intent on making them; the dispute is over the matters of inspection. Would you be totally transparent to a body that sanctioned the overthrow of Libya and now Syria? Furthermore Iran’s military capability simply doesn’t need nuclear weapons to defend itself; its legitimate ICBMs are sufficient. Nuclear weapons would be militarily superfluous to requirements.

On the hand, Israel is fly-swatting size (an eighth the size of Florida); it has repeatedly threatened and invaded its neighbours, it has a nuclear arsenal second only to that of the U.S. It constantly threatens to annihilate Iran despite the latter never having other than pledged to defend itself. Just who are the rogue nations?

I think my friend, if you saw two bull mastiffs and a poodle savaging a woman shopper you would run to assist the dogs. Before you say it; Iran’s president never did say they would ‘wipe Israel off the map.’ This was a distortion (surprise, surprise). What did he say that over time, like Communism, it would evaporate, which is quite a different thing and a point of view upheld by many Jews.

The latest news is that Iran will actually benefit by sanctioning oil supplies to the EU. This will drive prices up; and they are still selling to much of the rest of the world. India, and China soon, are buying their liquid gold with – gold. Yet another act of Western stupidity for which we will all pay the price. You fork out if you wish; like many others I have little choice.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 3:11 AM by harryfish Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Well said Mike Walsh.

How many more misguided and ill informed actions will the west take in support of a country forcibly and violently imposed on a region?

Israel is  using murderous  tactics against iranian scientists yet the west talks about sanctions on iran not Israel.

Its no wonder Muslims are feeling so helpless and why so many Arab "springs" will be  twarted as militants prevail.

Give people justice and respect and see how reasonably they behave.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 10:28 AM by REIDPJ Star rating. 239 posts Send private message

Elites are a price that we pay for civilisation - elites thrive on conflict

Like 0      
29 Feb 2012 2:56 AM by costa.del.sky Star rating. 97 posts Send private message

Taking bets on petrol being 1.60€by the end of june. Thats only 15 cents from what it is now. You can get cheaper champagne than that by the litre in Lidl. My car is running on cheap champagne.....

Like 0      
29 Feb 2012 10:54 AM by gjohnint Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

Scout, you are unaware of the real facst around what we are told about Iran, why should they not have neuclear power if they wish, the rest of europe have. It is probaly the same people or created the myth about the Irag war while at the same time seting up the federtion for disposal of Iraqi oil reserves. We should be talking to Iran, not goading them into creating neuclear arsenals, which the short sighted politicans are currently doing.

Remember the is only one nation that has dropped a neuclear bomb in anger, the same nation tha continues to hold prisoners of war without trial and against the Geneva convention. the same nation supported by Britain that is known to torture prisoners.

Listen openly to Iran, make your own unbiased judgement but do not take at face value what politicians tell you, there is  a good chance they are lying. BEWARE THE ENEMY WITHIN.

G Smith

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

A bit of camera advice please! - 9 posts
Dacion en Pago Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Changing electricity provider (Q&A) - 41 posts
Wanted - decent second-hand Road Bike (i.e racer not mountain bike) - 2 posts
Switching our Spanish mortgage to a British one - 14 posts
Anyone installed a stairlift? - 2 posts
Ceiling Fans - 2 posts
5 million WOW - 2 posts
Babysitting - 0 posts
Spanish tax holoiday home and residence status - 4 posts
Here we go again - 2 posts
Puppy Vaccionations - 1 posts
Puppy Vacanations - 2 posts
car transport company reneged on deal - 44 posts
Ryanair - Alicante warning! - 5 posts
HPA - 3 posts
Could this be a good time to take over an existing business in Spain? - Discuss - 14 posts
IBI calculations - 7 posts
Do you need to be resident to work in spain - 29 posts
Nearest hospital please??? - 2 posts
yahoo mail problems - 3 posts
Some People - 1 posts
PLEASE HELP, WHAT FORM DO I NEED? - 2 posts
Transport to UK From Spain and Back from UK to Spain and Man with van - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x