Hi has anyone purchased one of these apartments in Vera Paya http://www.propertyinspain.net/property-for-sale/property.aspx?id=15680

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by chrisboulton Star rating in Newport, South Wales.... 34 posts Send private message

http://www.propertyinspain.net/property-for-sale/property.aspx?id=15680

we are looking to buy and now advised most of the first 50 released have been sold ! sounds like these are selling fast and would be interested to know if anyone has bought one

many thanks

Chris

Like 0      
29 Jan 2012 2:44 AM by mrnkar Star rating in Lancashire. 55 posts Send private message

Sometimes they only say they are sold to attract more people. I too would be interested to know who has bought. Karen

Like 0      
30 Jan 2012 10:57 PM by neatrees Star rating in Vera Playa. 64 posts Send private message

Hi Chris & Karen

This property is next to my property at Al Andalus Thalassa and we had a look around it recently (November 2011). It stood unfinished for quite a long time and then all of a sudden it was completed in double quick time.

The construction seems okay although we did see water in stairwells where water should not be. There is not much space in public areas and could become crowded in peak season. Pools are more for floating in and not really big enough for actual swimming and not completely finished.

My advice is to go for a viewing before making any decision on buying. Why, because some apartments get very little sun, some do not actually have a view other than the next block, some of the "gardens" seem to have drainage problems. Underground parking does feel claustriphobic but a bonus in hot weather. If you can get a penthouse with a view, it would be good, views are towards Garrachu and the sea.

At the price they are going at I think you are getting value for money and I would consider buying there if I had the money and could get the right apartment.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2012 2:16 AM by MRNKAR Star rating in Lancashire. 55 posts Send private message

Hi Chris, Many thanks for your reply. I totally understand what you are saying as we previously have always long term rented for the exact reasons. although it was in La Cala de Mijas.

Our first rental was a fantastic apartment but up a large hill, when we moved into it we had a very sunny balcony, but later in the year when it was colder, the sun was only on it for about an hour in the morning, also the residents were very snobby and complained alot.

Our second apartment looked beautiful, good pool, great residents in the ideal position, on the flat, 5 mins walk to town & beach but there were so many problems with it. Yes we had the sun all day, all year on the balcony, but that was about it. The air conditioning/heating was only  not powerful enough for the size of the apartment, it suffered from damp & mould in the winter as the balcony was sloping the wrong way so water did not run off. The electrics blew when you where using more than a few items. Dodgy builders don't come into it.  None of this apparent on viewing.  If I could have moved my first apartment to the second urb, I would have been very happy.

I will not make the same mistake twice I hope so am planning to come out for a few weeks, to look around different areas & urb and will probably rent long term again, but as you say with the prices of these apartments, it looks tempting.  Karen

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Chemtrails - 4 posts
Satellite TV Q&A - 0 posts
ICP Installationn - 2 posts
Spanair - 0 posts
I am fuming! THEY HAVE VOTED FOR A 20 - 30% increase in fuel prices - 12 posts
A bit of camera advice please! - 9 posts
Dacion en Pago Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Changing electricity provider (Q&A) - 41 posts
Wanted - decent second-hand Road Bike (i.e racer not mountain bike) - 2 posts
Switching our Spanish mortgage to a British one - 14 posts
Anyone installed a stairlift? - 2 posts
Ceiling Fans - 2 posts
5 million WOW - 2 posts
Babysitting - 0 posts
Spanish tax holoiday home and residence status - 4 posts
Here we go again - 2 posts
Puppy Vaccionations - 1 posts
Puppy Vacanations - 2 posts
car transport company reneged on deal - 44 posts
Ryanair - Alicante warning! - 5 posts
HPA - 3 posts
Could this be a good time to take over an existing business in Spain? - Discuss - 14 posts
IBI calculations - 7 posts
Do you need to be resident to work in spain - 29 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x