Endesa and how they charge

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Dec 2011 12:00 AM by gregd Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi,

I'm new to this. Just signed up. I've bought a unit on Mallorca (in Sept) and am wondering about the electricity fees. Am currently not living there but have been charged €34, €40 & €49 for the lats 3 months. This seems high to me. Having checked with my lawyer I understand that Endesa estimates the monthly cost based on last year and adjusts the charge later once they've read the meter. Can anyone confirm this? Are they honest in repaying if they've overcharged (I assume they deduct from the next bill?)?

Thanks

Like 0      
30 Dec 2011 10:29 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

I think this is correct.  Endesa usually read the meter every two months and adjust accordingly.  We've received refunds to our bank account on a couple of occasions.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2011 10:32 AM by gregd Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Great. Thx a lot.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2011 1:27 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi Greg;

Endesa bills break down into 5 parts;

A daily standing charge which is dependent upon the supply contract you have with Endesa. The charge is calculated at 0.056529 x the KwH contracted rate x the number of days in that months accounting period.

For example 0.056529€ x 9.2KwH x 31 days which runs out to 16.12€

Next is the amount of electricity actually used during the accounting period. This is calculated at the rate of 0.142319€ per KwH.

For example 0.142319 x 1,615 equals 229.85€The two figures are then added together, in the example case totalling 245.97; this figure is subject to a special electricity tax calculated thus.. in my example… 245.97 x 1.05113 x 4.864%... equals 12.58€

Next there is a charge for the meter which is calculated at the number of days in the accounting period multiplied by 0.017753€ per day.. making 0.55€ in the example.

Finally the figures are added together

16.12 + 229.85 + 12.85 + 0.55 equalling 259.10 and the whole lot subjected to the addition of VAT (IVA) at 18%... in our example this equals 46.64€, making a grand total of 305.74 euros.

The figures used in the above are actuals for my Nov. 9th to Dec 10th account.Electricity in Spain is very expensive and it may have escaped your attention but you / we are in one sense paying a tax on a tax!

Pitby is quite correct in her statement that meters are read bi-monthly and estimates based on previous use are made bi-monthly when the meters are not read. This may not hold true during July / August when it is quite normal to receive estimated bills for three months running.

fb

This message was last edited by foxbat on 30/12/2011.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
30 Dec 2011 3:06 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If you don’t like the estimated bill you can call and give them the actual reading, just like in UK.

There is also an extra charge which you may see. If you have been informed that you need an ICP then you maybe be surcharged if you have not installed one. I can’t tell you exactly where it is on the bill (I have an IPC) but it is clearly shown as a separate item.

This is apart of an email from a friend who is surcharged

If you look at the RHS under Facturacion there is an item “ Recargo poten por ausencia ICP” and whereas my cotracted power rating is 7.89kW they base my fine on 12.11kW.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2011 3:32 PM by gregd Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks very much to both of you. Very useful info.

Greg

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What would happen to a Euro mortgage, if Spain dropped the Euro? - 35 posts
Anyone live in the Zaragoza region? - 0 posts
Traffic Penalty - 11 posts
car transporting - 2 posts
Weather in UK - 3 posts
Mi amiga Carmen - 0 posts
Renewing Residencia - 23 posts
Getting the money after judge finding in our favour. - 50 posts
Best Christmas present? - 8 posts
Fun for kids this 24th of December´s afternoon - 0 posts
Iberdola night & day tariff - 4 posts
A Digital Nativity - 0 posts
Who are you? - 7 posts
fruit & veg wholesaler - 0 posts
Ryanair card charges changed again? - 1 posts
Good news for one community in Spain - 1 posts
I have just used my Visa Electron - 1 posts
Bye Ryanair Well done Bmi Baby - 12 posts
British television in Spain - 0 posts
OPEN LETTER TO SR. MARIANO RAJOY - 4 posts
Keyholder required for La Marina property. - 2 posts
Damp!!! Black Mould, on the walls dripping condensation on the windows, can’t seem to get warm. - 4 posts
Valencia, surrounding areas/neighborhoods - 0 posts
Hello to Everyone! - 3 posts
why and how to buy in Spain. Guide by independent professionals - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x