Anyboby any good with computers?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jun 2007 12:00 AM by Fruit Star rating in Costa Calidia - Murc.... 74 posts Send private message

Fruit´s avatar

Hi ...last week I had a megga problem with my computer !!!! Closed it down on Friday p.m. after it's normal virus scan and went to restart on Sat morning and it wouldn't boot up. Tried to re boot from all available points i.e Safe mode, Last working setting ect ect but it still wouldn't have it. Anyway then looked at the BIOS ( all forgien to me  ) so went over to  what i got from pressing F12....gave me the option to boot from CD. So I put in the recovery disc and was asked to repair or reload ( I think) a week has passed now. Anyway was asked about partitioning the disc and reloading so pressed to do this. Well I've now got a working computer, that has a smaller disc size, but i haven't got my music files, manuels ect and pics. Does anyone know if I can send or do anything to get these files back....I've even lost my web page favorites !! boo hoo.

Hope some one out there can point me in the right direction...I'm sure there still in there somewhere I just need to find out how to get to them.

many many thanks ....all help appreciated.

p.s. please reply in idiot language ( not good with jargon ). 

This message was last edited by Fruit on 6/8/2007.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 2:56 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Surely, if you partitioned your drive, there is a danger that you reformatted and lost the lot?

A very dangerous move.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 3:47 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
It all sounds rather painful to me! Better get a man wot can!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 5:16 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
Hi Fruit,

By partitioning the disk and reloading, you actually overwrote your original partition and all the files etc stored there. If you haven't used the computer much since this occurred, the majority of your old files have probably not yet been overwritten - in which case it should be possible to recover most of your files using a data/partition recovery tool.
I don't personally know of any free tools of this kind, but would recommend Getdataback which is available from www.runtime.org, but would recommend that you get someone to do it for you if you are not too sure of what you are doing.

Hope this has been of some help.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2007 1:37 AM by patman Star rating in Chester and Los Alca.... 84 posts Send private message

patman´s avatar
Fruit, I don't think that there is any way to repair your pc via this forum. It's too complicated, as jfj said partitioning your drive has erased your original configuration even though the data is still probably on your disk (If youhaven't used the computer much since then). To retrieve it would cost a lot. Moral: If a computer asks you to do something and you are not sure what the outcome will be. Don't click on [OK] button. Ask an expert. It's better to be safe than be sorry. I know this is not a good answer for you but it's the best I can offer.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Vera Restaurants - 4 posts
Fly/Mosquito screens for windows/doors - 5 posts
Daya Nueva our village - 2 posts
Reselling at FSA - 1 posts
Three Kings - 4 posts
Completing on a property - 7 posts
Local agents - 44 posts
COSTA DEL SOL TIPS & ADVICE - 8 posts
Fake Gas Men. Beware! - 2 posts
Justin, I want an EOS T-Shirt! Do other members? - 58 posts
New villa Mar Menor help furnishing please - 2 posts
Better late than never - 6 posts
Help - 8 posts
things to do nr punta prima beach - 3 posts
florida golf - 4 posts
Larios 2000 Court Case - 1 posts
Hello - 2 posts
colinas del lago los balcones - 1 posts
problems with atlas - 5 posts
Macro Communities - any info? - 16 posts
Murcia or Alicante we need advice. - 15 posts
Elegant Homes Worldwide Reservation before they will make the offer - 5 posts
colinas del lago los balcones - 3 posts
FRUSTRATED EL ZOCO PROSPECTIVE OWNER!!!!!!!!!!!! - 3 posts
A very big hello to all my new eventual neighbours!!!! - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x