Problems connecting freesat

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Nov 2011 12:00 AM by kbr88 Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

Recently i purchased the Foxsat-HDR receiver and i have a few problems. The following is current setup:

I have connected to a Philips HD ready tv model number 42PFL5604H/12
It has 3 hdmi and 2 scart connectors
The tv is connected to the aerial antenna
And the satellite connection is connected to the LNB1 In port.

The satellite dish is on roof of our development in marbella and the wall box for the satellite has 2 connectors marked R and Tv. The coax cable is connected from R to LNB. This was the same configuration that was used with our Pace Sky digibox

Here are the problems
1) tried connecting humax to tv via hdmi cable and nothing would work.mi couldnt get a signal and setup wouldnt start.
2) instead i onnected w ith scart cable and everything seemed to work. However i would prefer to use the hdmi cable so would like to understand why this didnt work.
3) next we tried to record a program and watch a programme at the same time. If we are recording a programme it seems that we cant watch another onevas well? What do i need to do? Is it a simple matter of onnecting another coax from tv line of outlet in wall to the LnB connector
Or do i need to do something else?

Many thanks
Kerry

Like 0      
27 Nov 2011 4:15 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Here are the problems
1) tried connecting humax to tv via hdmi cable and nothing would work.mi couldnt get a signal and setup wouldnt start.

2) instead i onnected w ith scart cable and everything seemed to work. However i would prefer to use the hdmi cable so would like to understand why this didnt work.

Sometimes you have to manually select the HDMI input on the TV. Unless the HDMI cable or connectors are broken, there is no reason as to why you cannuse use HDMI betwen the TV and Freesat HD box

3) next we tried to record a program and watch a programme at the same time. If we are recording a programme it seems that we cant watch another onevas well? What do i need to do? Is it a simple matter of onnecting another coax from tv line of outlet in wall to the LnB connector
Or do i need to do something else?

Using just one cable feed for a PVR limits your recording abilities. Ideally two cable feeds are to be used. YOu can use the loopthrough from input 1 to input 2, but this will limit recording tto channels on the same "frequyency group". If you want more flexibility then idally you need two cable feeds from the LNB - direct from the LNB to the receiver, forgetting about wall plates...Just connecting to the TV outlet on the wall may not work.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Unpaid car tax - 3 posts
form 210 ------ No Stickers - 0 posts
SCAM! BUT BY WHO? - 0 posts
Sweet Trees for Everyone - 0 posts
Kindle in Spain - 51 posts
import your own climate... - 1 posts
The Rental Scammers are Back Beware - 2 posts
Travel agent's licence IC - 0 posts
Using ducted aircon to heat the house - 16 posts
MARIANO RAJOY - PROPOSALS FOR CHANGE - 7 posts
TARIFA - 0 posts
GRAZALEMA - 0 posts
Who wants to come here? - 4 posts
Electric and Water contacts in old name - 13 posts
Handsome Bailey - 1 posts
Plant a tree this Saturday at The People’s Forest in Marbella - 0 posts
portillo kiosk in san pedro - 0 posts
advice needed - 5 posts
Late payment of IBI - 9 posts
Looking for work - 3 posts
Help with Tax/Vat - 2 posts
Van going to England - 0 posts
Curry night with accommodation. - 1 posts
What is legal regarding UK cars and businesses - 2 posts
What is legal regarding UK cars - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x