How many of you live in the Orihuela area?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Nov 2011 12:00 AM by Alan63 Star rating in Orihuela. 50 posts Send private message

Alan63´s avatar

I live close to Orihuelas and would like to hear from you if you are close by. I purchased my property about 5 years ago and I am living more here than in the u.k. It would be good to hear from you and share experiances.

Al

Like 0      
15 Nov 2011 11:46 AM by DonQuixote Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

We have a place in Jacarilla and hope to move out there in Feb/Mar.

Regards Don

Like 0      
20 Nov 2011 8:26 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Hi Al - we're in Almoradi (most of the time), and there's quite a few of us here!

Steve

Steve.

Like 0      
20 Nov 2011 9:36 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

Hi There,we have a house near Villamartin Plaza  we live there for 4 Months of the Year and there are a lot of English and Irish people therel, make sure you visit the pub down in the La Zenia Roundabout called Paddy's Point there is some crack in there.....

Like 0      
21 Nov 2011 5:13 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

Hi Alan,

We have lived here in Albatera full time for the last five years and loved every minute of it.

Living in more rural Spain was a challenge when we first came here, but now, we know a lot more, speak the lingo a lot more and have developed the laid back type of living that is what Spain is all about.

People come to live in Spain, full or part time for various reasons, we decided to live away from the expat areas because we wanted to leave ' tax you until you squeal UK '  and see what life was like in another country and you can only do that by joining communities from that chosen country.

In Orihuela and Albatera too, we have mainly Spanish communities. Don't get me wrong, being British we still like fish & Chips, Tetley tea bags etc,but  we live far enough away from the expat communities but close enough so that we can enjoy a bit of the old life from time to time then come home again.

Just a bit of input from Kevin

Like 0      
22 Nov 2011 10:20 AM by DonQuixote Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Kevin, have to agree with you we also live in a little village 95% Spanish. Not great in the "lingo" yet, but when we move next year will take a crash course so I can read the local papers etc. We just want to "chill" togeather, make new friends and enjoy the way of life.

Your never to far from an English/Irish/Welsh/Scotish or for that matter and other nation in Spain, thats the nice thing about it.

Regards to All

Like 0      
22 Nov 2011 5:50 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - I recently moved from Orihuela Costa to Torremendo, which is a village closer to Orihuela.  I loved my three and a half years on the coast, but felt that I was living more in England than Spain!  Here in Torremendo there are Brits around but it has the feel of a traditional Spanish village and everyone is really friendly.  My Spanish is improving as I have to use it here and the views of Torremendo lake just take your breath away!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Exemption of Estepona Basura Tax 2011 - 0 posts
manchester to la manga ? - 21 posts
Spanish teacher in Málaga - 0 posts
FOR SALE 1989 Autotrail Comanche Camper van - 0 posts
Vacation at Corvera - 2 posts
Would really like to recommend this MECHANIC Camposol/Mazarron area. - 0 posts
unapproved account - 1 posts
COnsumer Law in Spain - 7 posts
Vacation later this month. - 2 posts
Paying non residents tax - 8 posts
Burgos and Valencia for buyers/ against Banks in off plan purchases - 0 posts
Car Wanted - 7 posts
Fiestas in Almoradi - 1 posts
Well done England - 4 posts
Live Poker League in Murcia - win a trip to Vegas - 0 posts
Silly old fools - 37 posts
Oil-fired community boilers - 1 posts
Wanted reliable, conscientious, friendly cleaner and key holder for 4 privately owned apartments in Guardamar Del Segura. - 0 posts
Modelo 210 help please - rental income and nuda propriedad - 4 posts
Any air travel sleuths here? - 5 posts
Flights - Riga to Malaga ? - 4 posts
Elec Meter/Iberdrola/Need Reconnected! - La Manga - 4 posts
Unable to reply on a thread - 4 posts
We will Remember them - 0 posts
Not all bad news but there again it is Spain - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x