Paying non residents tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Nov 2011 12:00 AM by lmerrett Star rating in London, but soon Roq.... 7 posts Send private message

Hi ,

Can anybody help me please.

I bought my flat in El Ejido, Almeria in December last year, and was told not to bother paying my tax until the end of this year.

I would like to try to pay my taxes without having to pay a solicitor.

Does anybody know how I go about doing this?  Is there a website I can download the forms from ?

My Spanish isn't good enough, but I do have a bi-lingual friend willing to translate for me, but as a resident she doesn't know about paying non-residents tax.

Thanks in advance.

Louise

Like 0      
14 Nov 2011 11:15 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

There is lots of information on the site regarding non-resident taxes in Spain.

Try searching for it in the search box at the top right.

Start with this article on the subject which you may find of interest:

Non-resident taxes in Spain

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
14 Nov 2011 11:56 PM by lmerrett Star rating in London, but soon Roq.... 7 posts Send private message

Thanks for the info Justin, but I have been through most of the forums about the non residents tax and cant quite find the answers I was looking for.

Is it possible to download the modelo 210 and fill it in myself ? I have a friend prepared to translate for me.

If not, where can I obtain this form and where do I send it back to ?

I really do not want to use a solicitor, as I found the one I used to purchase the property to be pretty useless.

They tried to charge me 100 euros to get me registered on the padron, when I went to the town hall myself, I found out that I cannot be on the padron because I am a non-resident. My solicitor knew I am a non-resident, so I think they were just trying to rob me.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2011 12:56 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Louise

Yes, you can download it here and also download the instructions here.

Best to right-click those links and save the PDFs to your PC and then print them off.

Hope that helps.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
15 Nov 2011 2:09 AM by lmerrett Star rating in London, but soon Roq.... 7 posts Send private message

Hi Justin ,

Thanks for that . I have printed them and will be taking them to Spain with me tomorrow.

Thanks again ,

Louise

Like 0      
15 Nov 2011 10:10 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Louise

Have you registered with the tax ofice and do you have the required sticky labels?

If not you also need to complete modelo 030 and go to the tax office and request sticky labels or find someone with a licence key to print them off for you if previously registered with tax office.

In an earlier posting you mentioned the padron and being non-resident. That has been discussed many times and in some municipalities the Town Hall encourages non-residents to register as they get more money from central government and quid pro quo you get a deduction in your IBI and also other municipality entitlements. Other municipalities say you can only register on the padron if resident etc ...................

As you might have already figured out the more people you ask the more different answers you get!!

Like 0      
15 Nov 2011 11:51 AM by lindaw164 Star rating in Glasgow and Jardins .... 253 posts Send private message

lindaw164´s avatar

Can you perhaps shed any light on who might be able to print these labels other than the tax office as we have now run out of ours.  I thought from next year we were going to have to complete them on line - is this the case?

Linda

Like 0      
15 Nov 2011 12:06 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

anyone with a licence - ie I can print off labels for anyone who has registered their NIE with the tax office.

ask any gestoria or accounts person - I often print them off for people for free.

With the new modelo 210 you do not need labels as it validates and prints bar code automatically.

I think to get a licence all you have to do is initiate the process and go to the Town Hall to collect some code or other.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2011 12:27 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Linda

If you have a good quality copy of a label or even 1 left over then just scan and print onto sticky label paper you can buy in any statioery shop.

It will work fine and if bank can't read bar code they enter manually - in fact really to print you need a laser printer as the injet printers ddo not print well enough to read.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Burgos and Valencia for buyers/ against Banks in off plan purchases - 0 posts
Car Wanted - 7 posts
Fiestas in Almoradi - 1 posts
Well done England - 4 posts
Live Poker League in Murcia - win a trip to Vegas - 0 posts
Silly old fools - 37 posts
Oil-fired community boilers - 1 posts
Wanted reliable, conscientious, friendly cleaner and key holder for 4 privately owned apartments in Guardamar Del Segura. - 0 posts
Modelo 210 help please - rental income and nuda propriedad - 4 posts
Any air travel sleuths here? - 5 posts
Flights - Riga to Malaga ? - 4 posts
Elec Meter/Iberdrola/Need Reconnected! - La Manga - 4 posts
Unable to reply on a thread - 4 posts
We will Remember them - 0 posts
Not all bad news but there again it is Spain - 5 posts
Old Spanish 3-pin socket - 4 posts
COMMUNITY OF OWNERS LAW IN SPAIN - 6 posts
Van going to England - 0 posts
Storage - 2 posts
Any good tips for getting property back to UK from El Raso, Guardamar? - 4 posts
looking for a bar/resteraunt with food to hire for an awards night in benidorm - 0 posts
Scraping English car in Alicante - 7 posts
tenants rights re bank repossession - 4 posts
This will warm the cockles of your heart - yum! - 13 posts
--CAR WANTED-- - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x