Internet in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Sep 2011 12:00 AM by verdemar Star rating in Blackburn, Lancashir.... 5 posts Send private message

Hi can anyone tell me how do I get internet in Spain, we are buying a place this October and we would like internet connection, can you also advise on the cost

thanks

Janet and Ste

Like 0      
11 Sep 2011 1:01 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Spain is not as advanced as the UK regarding internet provision. Many places still can't get an ADSL connection, we can't even though we are only 1.5km out of town. I'm sorry I have no information re ADSL or prices. If ADSL isn't possible then there are dial up options and mobile. We used an Orange mobile connection for years, it cost 35 euros pm (although I think prices may have gone up since) and there may be pay as you go mobile options too but I don't know about them. The connection was very s-l-o-w, these connections also depend on the strength of the mobile signal, we couldn't get a Vodafone signal but could get Orange. Some friends used Telefonica dial up, it cost under 30 euros pm but again was very slow and a download limit and all the other disadvantages of dial up. Our urbanization has now installed a wi-fi connection which is fantastic.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
11 Sep 2011 3:53 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

hi,

if you say what area you are moving

too then I am sure people will give you advice.

I could give you details of my supplier but would

need to know what area you will be living in.

coolyes

Like 0      
11 Sep 2011 7:13 PM by verdemar Star rating in Blackburn, Lancashir.... 5 posts Send private message

Hi thanks for your replies, we will be buying in Verdemar VillaMartin,

Like 0      
12 Sep 2011 11:02 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi Verdemar,

I have sent you a private message

coolyes

Like 0      
09 Oct 2011 12:08 AM by ds8819 Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

** Edited -Spam **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 09/10/2011.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2011 8:15 AM by johnnie1uk Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

After 7 years experience .i dont believe you can beat Telefonica.(movistar), at the moment they have an offer of around 26 euros a month for ADSL 10mb and  landline phone with free national calls and free minutes to mobiles,

They are reliable, fast (10mb) and installed my daughters landline and internet 2 days after she ordered.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2011 9:14 AM by ds8819 Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

I did post some useful an helpful information that would be beneficial to the op ..... however it was removed as 'spam' !!!.... no explanation either, perhaps the moderator who removed it would have the courtesy to provide one?

obviously wasting my time trying to help people, so perhaps I shouldn't bother in future?... defeats the object of having such a forum

( perhaps this post will be remove also!?)

Like 0      
09 Oct 2011 4:53 PM by Chris&Julie Star rating in Dublin . 82 posts Send private message

Chris&Julie´s avatar

Hi Poppyseed

Can you explain how to go about installing WI-Fi in an urb, and any idea of cost to the urb, sounds very interesting especially for those of us who can only holiday over there for the moment.

Kind regards

Julie

Like 0      
09 Oct 2011 4:54 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

Hi ds8819

I saw your post and I think it was removed because of the advert. (I have nothing to do with moderating so please note it is only my view). Anyway I was interested in the company but didn't write down the name or website. I remeber it started with -too- could you please post the second part of the name or send me a private message.

Many thanks.

Tech 

Like 0      
09 Oct 2011 6:09 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

We are non resident owners who are spending upto 5 weeks at a time here each trip.  We had Telefonica landline connected when we first moved in so that husband could ring as he was unable to stay as long as me.

I really miss my internet but find the costs from Telefonica so expensive, for the phone we're paying upto 300e a year.  Read reports about a company who provide phone, TV and internet for 24e a month and when you're not there it reduces to 5e a month.

Had it installed and impressed with it.  There are other companies who provide something similar, so if you live in Costa Blanca then google DVBlab, see what you think and see if they are available in your area.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2011 8:18 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Hi Julie, I'm sorry I have no information. Our president is a demon (polite description) who rules the urb like her own personal fiefdom and does things without any consultation or explanation. The installation of wi-fi is the only thing she has done that is of any benefit to us! The info we have is second hand and that is only that it is free to owners but visitors have to pay to use it, the company is Onanet.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.onanet.es/&ei=4eORTsGbN8m1hAeamsj2Dw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB0Q7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Donanet%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1093%26bih%3D451%26prmd%3Dimvns

At the bottom of this page click on wi-fi, we are one of the urbs mentioned at the bottom of the page. As far as I know the charges shown are paid by visitors not owners.

This message was last edited by Poppyseed on 09/10/2011.

This message was last edited by Poppyseed on 09/10/2011.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
10 Oct 2011 12:08 PM by Popeyesol Star rating in Lubrin. 9 posts Send private message

If only want the internet for a limited period then it may be worth buying a dongle from one of mobile providers.  You can purchase pay-as-you go.  It depends on how much you actually will be using the internet.

Like 0      
11 Oct 2011 11:36 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

There is a company (can't remember its name though, so nt a lot of use) that installs equipment at your property and you pay for it as you use it. So all the months you are not using it, it is not charged, but a monthly fee when you do use it. Problem is it is expensive to have installed, just shy of 500€ I believe. I'll go back through my emails to see if I can find who they are.

Have just re-negotiated my monthly costs with Telefonica down to 24.90€ per month for internet + telephone. Telefonica will also provide free installation, plus a discounted monthly cost for 12 months. Take a look at their page and see what the current offer is.

Downside is that when 12 months are up, you have to threaten to leave to get anoter discount, and they will only talk to you on 1004, not when you are logged into the secure account area of teir website. If you can't get to Spain, the costs rise considerably until you get a chance to sort a new price.

Mark

Like 0      
11 Oct 2011 12:23 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

Are you thinking of Direct Telecom, who operate out of Tenerife? I used to use them for UK and mobile calls before I went over to TV with Imagenio. I believe they introduced something like that described. Their url is direct-telecom.es.

Like 0      
11 Oct 2011 2:57 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

No, it was these people, you need to contact them to see id they are in your locality.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Where to go for Spanish conversation practice - 2 posts
Does anyone knows or read about the wherabouts of Technologia Urbanistica? - 10 posts
Major disappointment with Peach Groves Development - 2 posts
Trafico in Almeria - 0 posts
Will I have to pay tax if I move boat to Gib - 0 posts
Dia de San Pedro del Alcantara - 2 posts
CHARGES TO PAY WHEN SELLING A PROPERTY - 6 posts
How To Get The Best Rate When Transferring Euros to Canadian Dollars - 0 posts
Hi all - 0 posts
Will we qualify for Healthcare? - 4 posts
Blood tests - 2 posts
Spanish Taxes - 8 posts
Replacing a President wita Committee structure - 8 posts
60% of property value - 0 posts
Fine on sale of apartment called "Liq De Transmisiones Gestion" - 0 posts
Capital Gains Excemption if reinvesting profits in a property out of Spain? - 3 posts
Real Estate Agent responsibilities and % commission? - 4 posts
Al Andalus Car Hire - 1 posts
Best Spanish PAYG SIM? - 1 posts
Recovery of Deposit - 46 posts
Long Term Rental Qanted from 18th October Algorfa - 1 posts
help needed Urgently please - 10 posts
Scruffy Dop needs a home - 0 posts
Non resident capital gains - 2 posts
Calanova Palm..........Bank Guarantee - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x