Major disappointment with Peach Groves Development

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Sep 2011 12:00 AM by amandas Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

Have just come back from our holidays in Benidorm which was great.  Hired a car so that we could all drive to El Saltador, Heurcal Overa, Almeria to return to a Plot of Land which was named Peach Groves.  It was near on 3 yrs ago i had been out their with my children on a visit with Amber Sun to look at buying a home for us all.  We were shown a few places but last of all it was Peach Grove Development.  Payed a holding deposit before coming home.  Having hit a full blown recession when we returned home; i needed to re-think the whole situation.  Which i decided that to hold fire was the best action to take at the time.  I had all my hopes and dreams in this development and life in spain.  The last 3 yrs have been soul searching and i felt i couldnt rest until i actually went back out there to see for myself, whether i had made the right decision.  To our horror visiting Peach Grove Development was nothing but a bomb site!!  Over grown with bushes and full of building materials, scattered all over the place. No houses other than one I noticed had actually been built since my going out there.  The few houses around El- Saltador that had been built previous, were of really bad workmanship. 

All in all, i had my answers, but how sad it was for everyone, including the one house that clearly had been built there but left unfinished... same old story.

I can only say from the bottom of my heart that anyone considering ever going to live there to think twice about it !!

Any feedback i would appreciate.  Thanks and all the best.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2011 7:20 PM by spanishpunter Star rating. 64 posts Send private message

Peach Grove is a big problem because of the developer’s financial situation but El Saltador is not

PG is a prime site which will certainly be bought by a new developer as the recession nears to the end

The most likely scenario is that individual plots will be sold to the local Spanish who will have houses built to their own design

Just now it does look untidy with a couple of unfinished houses

There are  9 new houses being built in El Saltador, mainly for the local Spanish-they are all large and one very close to Peach Grove site, currently under construction, looks as though it is going to be 4000 sq ft!

Locally, El Saltador is considered by the Spanish to be a prime sought after location for commuting to Huercal Overa/Pulpi and some of the new houses are being built to order for Medics who work at the Hospital

There were problems with the Parra Melado site but the roads are finished and street lights up-the Licences of First Occupation are due soon-all the houses on the Quantum site have them

And, except for minor snags, all the new houses have been well built

You can see the Local Plan for El Saltador, if you go to the Huercal Overa Town web site-the local plan PDF’s  have not been correctly named so you have to click on a few to find it!

El Saltador is a dormitory village to allow for the growth in demand for houses from those who work in and around Huercal Overa

So English buyers in EL Saltador have now found themselves in a location very popular with the locals and much better than having an equivalent house in an ‘ex pat’ location

El Saltador summary:

In a country location

Circa 25 minutes from one of the best beaches in Spain at San Juan de los Terreros

Considered prime by the locals

Close to one of the best Hospitals in Europe

Very good communications

Huercal Overa is a smart Town

El Saltador is in reality ‘ quite a good place to be’  

Like 0      
10 Sep 2011 11:47 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

Somebody was watching over you that day not to buy in el a saltador The same thing happened to us five years ago fortunately but Good news we now have our dream home in Spain and all is well

Good luck in your quest don't give up

Rod

This message was last edited by rod on 10/09/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Trafico in Almeria - 0 posts
Will I have to pay tax if I move boat to Gib - 0 posts
Dia de San Pedro del Alcantara - 2 posts
CHARGES TO PAY WHEN SELLING A PROPERTY - 6 posts
How To Get The Best Rate When Transferring Euros to Canadian Dollars - 0 posts
Hi all - 0 posts
Will we qualify for Healthcare? - 4 posts
Blood tests - 2 posts
Spanish Taxes - 8 posts
Replacing a President wita Committee structure - 8 posts
60% of property value - 0 posts
Fine on sale of apartment called "Liq De Transmisiones Gestion" - 0 posts
Capital Gains Excemption if reinvesting profits in a property out of Spain? - 3 posts
Real Estate Agent responsibilities and % commission? - 4 posts
Al Andalus Car Hire - 1 posts
Best Spanish PAYG SIM? - 1 posts
Recovery of Deposit - 46 posts
Long Term Rental Qanted from 18th October Algorfa - 1 posts
help needed Urgently please - 10 posts
Scruffy Dop needs a home - 0 posts
Non resident capital gains - 2 posts
Calanova Palm..........Bank Guarantee - 0 posts
Amazon coming to Spain next week - 39 posts
hotel or guest house - 2 posts
Short Term Residency in Spain - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x