Eye on my villa!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by lostinspain Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Working in our garden earlier today, my husband noticed a car with a telescopic camera on top pulling up by our garden wall. He watched with interest as the camera appeared to moved as if filming/taking photos of our garden and house. As he was walking towards it, it drove away. We are now wondering if we should contact the police. We have lived here near Lorca  for nearly five years and never had any problems. Has anyone else noticed any similar activity in thier area?

Like 0      
31 Aug 2011 3:17 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

It sounds like a google earth research vehicle. I even saw one in the USA the other week.
They are picture viewing worldwide.
In some countries they are not happy about this outfit.
Just go online on any google map site and you can see the results

Like 0      
22 Sep 2011 1:14 PM by zaccolbert Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Yeah the Google earth cars are a bit weird, initially i didn't like the idea of them driving around photographing everything, however when you use Google earth you see it's kinda cool

Like 0      
22 Sep 2011 3:26 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

If it was a google car than why did it drive off? Surely its better to stop and explain what you are doing!

Joan

Like 0      
22 Sep 2011 4:27 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Dont worry Joan

Your husband will now be very famous seen by millions throughout the MODERN world on GOOGLE EARTH

People forget this GOOGLE thing has caught a number of CANABIS farms a POLICE person has told me apparently which is good NEWS

But if you were a BURGLAR it would I guess be very useful

Thats TECHNOLOGY for you joan never standing STILL

Rod

Like 0      
22 Sep 2011 4:57 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

rod, i dont have a husband! LOL

Technology advances are good but things need to be done properly!

I dont mind my property on google earth but would surely not want my face on it!

Joan

Like 0      
22 Sep 2011 9:19 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Sorry Joan

Should have gone back to original author

Hope I havent upset you

Rod

Like 0      
27 Sep 2011 9:13 AM by spiritofspain Star rating in Riviera del Sol, Mij.... 114 posts Send private message

spiritofspain´s avatar

I do believe that if you see anything on Google that is personally intrusive you can get it removed.

Margery

www.losarqueros.iowners.net  and www.calahondapark.iowners.net

Like 0      
28 Sep 2011 3:41 PM by samroberts1981 Star rating in Witton Gilbert. 5 posts Send private message

samroberts1981´s avatar

I have the priviledge of being on the google maps streetview too.

It's quite funny. I remembered as I got snapped on my birthday a couple of years ago, whilst on the phone to my mum!

When it went live and I'd seen what the car was all about in the news and I had to check it out. I do really wish I'd been dressed much smarter!

It's a funny old world...

Smile you're on Google Streetview!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

No furniture and no refund - 7 posts
Sales Consultants required for immediate start - 0 posts
Child friendly - 1 posts
aledo murcia - 1 posts
Phone Cards - 4 posts
going through the euro tunnel - 8 posts
Iglesias Associates - Lawyers in Fuengirola/Alhaurin el Grande - 0 posts
injury in spain - 3 posts
Take your Solicitor (Abogado) to court. - 69 posts
who wants a top sat nav? - 2 posts
Furniture Pack - 0 posts
A BIG THANK YOU! - 4 posts
Buy or rent? - 10 posts
Broken aircon controller - 0 posts
Residence in Spain - 20 posts
Spanish Wills - 0 posts
Another horror story - 0 posts
seapea - 3 posts
Cristina - 0 posts
Empty Orange Gas Bottles - 8 posts
Going to University - 10 posts
Burglar/Intruder alarm Systems. - 1 posts
Presentation program of autumn activities- Last Resort Manilva - 0 posts
AT LAST I CAN FLY FROM SOUTHEND AIRPORT - 5 posts
Setting up Sunday League Football Club in Granada, interested? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x