Parking Fines in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Can anyone help please. I unfortunately parked in Marbella on 11 Sept  in a parking bay  with Blue Lines.I forgot to put coins in the Parking Meter and upon returning  later to my Car , had an Electronic Boletin de Denuncia for 50 Euros  under my windscren Wiper.I have checked on the Internet under my NIE and Registration no and can find no reference to this fine yet.How does one find out,if this is a legal fine and how do one pay it. I believe if the fine is paid within 30 Days,a discount of 50% is applied.

Thank You

Nigel

Like 0      
27 Aug 2011 8:20 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I think your Spanish car insurance company should be able to sort this out.  Give them a call.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
27 Aug 2011 8:21 PM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi Nigel,

11th Sept last year I presume?  I think you can check at your local ibi rates offices none payment of a fine can carry an embargo on your bank accounts, you dont say if you live in Spain or the UK,

Like 0      
27 Aug 2011 8:42 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi Goldi

It was 11th Sept this year ,I live in Spain and drive a Spanish Registered Car.I do not understand why Sanchez says "that my Spanish Insurance Company should be able to sort  out this fine for me."

Nigel

Like 0      
27 Aug 2011 8:53 PM by SMYTHIE Star rating. 145 posts Send private message

Solve this to find the answer

My first is in doze but not in daze

my second is in hot but not in hat

my third is in body but not in bady

my fourth is in gate but not in late

my last in let but not in lot

what am I because i know the answer 

Like 0      
27 Aug 2011 9:01 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Interesting... so you are a time traveller as well... September this year... as in 2011? As I recall its only August....

Shades of 'Back to the Future....'

Joking apart try to pay this at your local correos Post off ice or Santander Bank as suggested here in this link...

http://www.dgt.es/portal/es/oficina_virtual/multas/pago_multa/?tit=Pago%20con%20reducci%F3n%20del%2030%20o%20del%2050%

Hope this helps...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
27 Aug 2011 10:04 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Sorry  to everyone who has replied to my post   I meant to say 11 August 2011 is when I got this fine. How long  willit take  for FInes to register  against your Details on the Internet and also receive a notice in the post.

Thank You

Nigel

Like 0      
28 Aug 2011 12:16 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Dont know if they will for sure; could depend on who issued the fine.

If it was the GC then almost certainly it will reach your records eventually, but if it was Marbella Council or the policia local probably not. After all parking offences in the UK don't get sent through DVLA;  I dont suppose it's that different here.

Correos seem to be the appointed payment points for a whole raft of things out here.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
28 Aug 2011 12:59 AM by SMYTHIE Star rating. 145 posts Send private message

hi foxbat I actually have a time machine for rent.

I reckon it could solve a lot of problems.

I use it all the time.

Only thing is due to a thing called the TIME PARADOX it wont let you place a winning bet.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2011 11:09 AM by niclavida Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

I received a parking fine in Benidorm because I parked down a street and just walked off without getting a parking ticket.  A dutch friend I know who has lived in Spain for years told me to just chuck it in the bin. Any parking fines from the Ayuntamiento he said, ignore. I did not pay it and I never heard anything, that was back in 2008 though, dunno whether anything has changed since. I would not have though so.

Like 0      
02 Nov 2013 12:43 PM by Ranoosh Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hi all,

I need your help please, a friend of me travelled to Spain for a vacation, and he rented a car there. he parked without having a ticket (without patying), when he returned he found a fine of 90 Euros on his car.  He's now in Jerusalem, he wants to pay the fine.  as we know, if he pays withing 20 days he will get a 50% discount, is that true? how can he pay the fine online??

Thanks in advance

Regards

Like 0      
02 Nov 2013 4:39 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi Ranoosh

Please see this website for more information.If you scroll down the page you will eventually come to a section saying 

"how can you pay these fines"

http://www.healthplanspain.com/blog/expat-tips/188-paying-traffic-fines-in-spain.html#.UnUloXC-pAU

Good Luck

Regards

Nigel

Like 1      
04 Nov 2013 8:43 AM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Check for any Fines

Click

www.buscamultas.com

Like 1      
15 Nov 2013 3:13 PM by pantich77 Star rating in Benidorm, Spain. 12 posts Send private message

Can anyone give advise, i have just received a parking fine for 200 euro's from Spain for a hire car i rented in September ! Do i have to pay it?

Like 0      
15 Nov 2013 3:19 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi

Yes,It is adviseable to pay these fines.I think Spain is exchanging Car Registration information with the UK Authorities electronically these days.

Please see this website for more information.If you scroll down the page you will eventually come to a section saying 

"how can you pay these fines"

http://www.healthplanspain.com/blog/expat-tips/188-paying-traffic-fines-in-spain.html#.UnUloXC-pAU

Good Luck

Regards

Nigel

Like 0      
28 Nov 2013 7:46 AM by ashleygreen Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

I don't think you need to pay so much fine for renting a car.

Like 0      
28 Nov 2013 7:53 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Can anyone give advise, i have just received a parking fine for 200 euro's from Spain for a hire car i rented in September ! Do i have to pay it?

You probably rented the car with a credit card so the hire company will most likely take that sum, plus any further charges, when they get the fine as the owners of the car.

Like 0      
28 Nov 2013 10:18 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Sounds excessive, 200€, for parking, you sure it was you? after all you wouldn't have got it direct, the hire company would have, and if they haven't paid it straight away has this fine doubled, trebled even?.

I have just been done for speeding in Northamptonshire, and i have never in my life ever been to Northamptonshire, turns out the guy that read the number plate from the camera couldn't make out the car number plain enough, so he tracked the car make / colour, and my car matched a similar number plate on the same car make and colour, so they told me i was speeding in a place i had never been to,  by the time i had sorted it out the fine was up a few hundred pounds.

I would double check everything if i was you.

Like 0      
28 Nov 2013 10:40 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Baz I have just been done for speeding in Northamptonshire

In my town in Spain if one gets a parking ticket when parked on a parking meter,   it can be paid by putting the money with the ticket in the envelope provided and 'posting it' in the box on the parking ticket machine.  If one does not pay 'fairly quickly'  the amount jumps (from I believe around 6 euros, it was 300 ptas when I got my only ever ticket about 15 years ago) to considerably more. 

( I cannot comment on what happens in other countries ).

Like 0      
28 Nov 2013 12:52 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I bet you wouldn't be putting 200€ in an envelope and putting back in the parking meter though, thats why it all seems over the top, like maybe the hire company said stuff it and now it's risen in cost they want it back.

Don't talk about parking here now in the UK, a very large shopping centre near me charged £100.00 for over the time limit by 6 minutes, Mrs B got done £45.00 for 2 minutes over in a small Suffolk town car park, warden must have be hiding until the time up, one Daughter got £45.00 for stopping to get a bottle of milk in Sainsbury,  Aldi / Lidl / most shopping car parks now give you about 2 -  2 1/2 hours to shop or pay up, anything up to £60.00, i dropped a friend of at hospital and paid £14.00 just for a couple of hours wait.

We are not called "Rip of Britain" for no reason now.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Newbie - 16 posts
WHAT IS THE PRICE PER SQ MT FOR RESALE PROPERTY INLAND ALICANTE - 16 posts
Endesa Bank Account - 16 posts
VILLA - 0 posts
Equality in EU - 0 posts
Spain is possible - 5 posts
venta la choza - 2 posts
Advice on Correct Procedure, Please - 8 posts
COME DINE WITH ME COSTA DEL SOL TONIGHT - 4 posts
Serious Legal Problems - 23 posts
Looking for english/American school in Murcia/Alicante Region - 7 posts
Boundary Walls - 13 posts
humax freesat. - 23 posts
Back from Marbella trip - 6 posts
Embalse de Istan - 2 posts
JustCats Cattery - 6 posts
Is the region of Murcia typical Spain? - 16 posts
Ford Mustang '06 (US import) for sale in Estepona area - 0 posts
PATRIMONIO TAX is back !!!! - 38 posts
Do you know Ronald Cooper? - 0 posts
Social Services help for disabled - 0 posts
samsung tv power cable - 43 posts
7500kg Truck for sale - 0 posts
Buying on Camposol - 5 posts
Car hire companies BASED in Alicante airport - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x