Anyone fancy meeting up in Duquesa on 19th of July?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jul 2007 6:28 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Have a great meeting one and all - shame I cant be there to join you but if you decide to hold a rematch I am back in Spain from the 27th.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
16 Jul 2007 7:24 PM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar

Smiley - I know Jan and I are both around until after the 27th so if you want to choose another good time / place we could meet up again.  We are around until the 4th. Apparently the bistro in Monte Duquesa Square is also good

Caroline.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2007 7:38 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

This message was last edited by hobby on 7/17/2007.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2007 8:24 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

We'll be there about six I should think.  See you then! We all need EOS badges

Badges? Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges !

(Sorry...back to my Guinness now)

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 12:04 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I'll be there about 6. 

The picture on the home page is a couple of years old so I'm a little fatter now

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
19 Jul 2007 11:26 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Looking forward to seeing everyone who turns up later to the meet up.

Hope it's not just me on my own!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
19 Jul 2007 2:08 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
We´ll be there, Justin!  Just popped into Kings Club with my son (desperate to go on the internet!) and thought I´d check my mail and EOS while I was here!!  Shall see you later!

Like 0      
19 Jul 2007 2:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

You'll easily be recognised, Justin, as long as you wear your bag.

Have a great meet. 

Like 0      
20 Jul 2007 12:54 PM by Rose1 Star rating in El Pilar, Estepona. 78 posts Send private message

Rose1´s avatar
What a pleasant evening! Thanks for your company, everybody. 
We have been unable to attend on previous occasions because the meetings have been arranged on school nights and would have interfered with tea time and homework commitments, so it was great to put some faces to the names at last. Tessa enjoyed herself tremendously and was in her element with the little ones (they're gorgeous!). Hopefully we'll be abe to arrange to get together again soon so you parents can have some "grown-up" time while you're here.
Justin, you are a star and should be very proud of what you have created. You and Susan are a delightful couple and we can't wait to meet the twins!
Best wishes and happy holidays to you all
Rose

Like 0      
20 Jul 2007 3:18 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Thanks for the nice comments Rose.  We had a great time too and we were delighted with the turnout.

It was great to put faces to names, what a great bunch of people!

Can't wait for the next one.

Justin

Like 0      
21 Jul 2007 1:51 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Justin,Rose et al

It was a great evening for me and I am glad you both enjoyed it too...i was pleased to meet people I regularly contact but never meet, even though Pitby and I nearly met in Dubai 3 weeks ago!!  And what a small world..Rose knowing Mark and Jenny so well too!! 

Can't wait for the next one or having that argentinian beer with Justin.

We got back to a waterlogged Uk last night....and I am now looking for flights back as soon as possible.

see you all soon

Regards

John

Like 0      
23 Jul 2007 5:09 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Yes, fantastic night!  We thoroughly enjoyed it!  And yes, hopefully will get together again soon!  We have your numbers!!!

See you soon!

Like 0      
24 Jul 2007 9:39 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Hi All

Just got back today and miss Duquesa all ready,  it was lovely meeting you all and hope we meet again soon.  Mark and Jennie have been so great and helped us a lot with lots of advice.

Must warn you all of the awful disaster in the lift, we were the only ones in block 7 and we got stuck in the lift, it was an awful experience as the emergency button didn't work, we got out after ten minutes, but as you know they are so small and with four of us in it, I really thought I was going to die.  Dennis managed to pull the doors open, it left me shaking all night and had to turn to drink to calm me down.

So be warned if you are in a block on your own, don't all go down in the lift together.

Jan, sorry I didn't see you before we left, we had so much running around to do, but will keep in touch.

Justin, I will send you the photos over when I get a minute/

Maureen & Dennis

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
25 Jul 2007 6:37 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

wah hi man...canna have a canny lass like ye getting stuck in a lift with that man Dennis ( feeble attenpt at Geordie I know).

Maureen that sounds a dreadful experience but we are having an AGM soon so I am sure it will be brought up there as it seems they  have never tested the alarm systems , so thanks for that if that is the right thing to say!!!

Looking forward to the pictures ...hope your sister and hubby enjoyed it too.

Regards

John

Like 0      
25 Jul 2007 2:37 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Maureen, great to meet you and Dennis too.  What a lovely couple.

Please send the pics, although should taken some myself really

By the way, is there anybody that would object to us putting a photo of the meet up on here?

Justin

Like 0      
25 Jul 2007 2:47 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I know I'd love to see some so please agree to your pics being shown.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2007 2:53 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Justin

Only if I am not on it..!!!

Regards

John

Like 0      
25 Jul 2007 3:49 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I don't mind, so that is four votes from us
Having trouble with the internet and norton at the minute, so shouldn't really be on this.

The four of us had a really fab time and thanks to everyone for being so nice, it's starting to feel like our second home and we aren't  even in our apartment yet.

Maureen & Dennis
Eileen & Paul

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
26 Jul 2007 4:24 PM by sunnyside Star rating in UK/Duquesa. 95 posts Send private message

sunnyside´s avatar

Just got back today from Duquesa, have to agree to all the comments already posted.  Great to meet everyone and we should do it again in the not too distant future.

Lovely to meet Justin and Susan - keep up the good work on this site.  Wore my hat on the golf course the other day, great - thanks.

I have a couple of photos too, will try and post later.  By the way hope the bill on Thursday night worked out OK and you didn't have to do a runner!!!

Like 0      
26 Jul 2007 8:24 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Sunnyside...i believe the bill was ok till saturday!!!!  people we dont know had a ball...( joking) , was that you locked out of your garage in Duquesa Golf?

Regards

John

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Eralia takeover? - 0 posts
La Herencia de Casares - 3 posts
Structural Problems - whose responsible? - 12 posts
Resale prices at Lar Sol - 0 posts
Mothercare equivalent in Costa del Sol? - 12 posts
All welcome me to wish good luck to Impey please - 10 posts
Self financing Mortgage - 0 posts
corvera golf - 2 posts
Las Marquesas phase 4 - 6 posts
Golfing Investment + Free Golfing Lesson. - 0 posts
help? - 9 posts
It's all new to me - 7 posts
hi from lisa and derek help required - 6 posts
Technologia Urbanistica - 6 posts
Any Owners in warrington - 4 posts
solar system - 4 posts
Guinae Pigs - 0 posts
Hola from morerosado - 2 posts
politics in costa blanca - saturday daily mail article - 3 posts
nan and ewen - 2 posts
Musicians and live music in Spain - 7 posts
college in murcia - 2 posts
Apartment for Rent in Almerimar (Alta Entinas) - 1 posts
MARBELLA HILL VIEW - UPDATE - 3 posts
Looking to Purchase in Costa Del Sol - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 68

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x