What Makes You Think Of Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jul 2011 12:00 AM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

I saw the pictures below and straight away thought of Spain

Now what makes you think of Spain ?

Like 0      
13 Jul 2011 7:37 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

This makes me think of Spain.

http://www.alexmadrid.es/

Like 0      
13 Jul 2011 9:03 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Campana - what a wonderful link with some photos of fabulous buildings on the website. I will peruse fully at my leisure with a cuppa!!

I have to say, Jet48, your pictures have made me gasp in amazement at the risks people take ..... unbelievable, particularly the silly sod who decided to clean his windows on the 30th+ floor of a multi-storey building. Incredible!! Makes me feel all queezy just thinking about it ... oh well, off to make that cuppa and have my own little happy thoughts of Spain (without the high risk / danger element of course ... I love living!! ..) 

This message was last edited by wend691 on 13/07/2011.

Like 0      
13 Jul 2011 10:24 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

My musical tastes include classical. I have a collection of the Naxos Musical Journeys, one of which is Espana; anoher is Seville / Granada (going on memory; I am on holiday). The music is set to a video of mostly but not exclusively Madrid. The latter, Seville and Granada. I never tire of watching them. The architecture, atmospheric  surroundings with Spanish music is breathtakigly lovely. I can't recommend them highly enough. No dialogue, just music. 

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
13 Jul 2011 11:04 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

This music surely brings Spain to mind vividly.  (Albéniz)

http://wn.com/Alb%C3%A9niz_Suite_Espa%C3%B1ola_para_piano__Granada

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 8:20 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

in a word, exquisite

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 10:01 AM by Jon07 Star rating in Sydney. 84 posts Send private message

Mountains, food, culture & raw beauty.

Can't wait !!

Jon

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 12:24 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

14 Jul 2011 12:42 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

These pics are fab lol.

Getting soaked to the skin walking to work makes me think of Spain, it keeps me going knowing every penny I earn gets me closer to my dream of living in Spain

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 2:08 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

14 Jul 2011 5:53 PM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

every time i drive past my local carvary i think of spain as the original owners now own monroes in moraira.

I fly out next saturday and can't wait

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 6:01 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

I know what you mean, Camille ... same for me too.

What else makes me think of Spain ??? hmmm..... its got to be sunrise (I'm a rediculously early riser) and sunset, a glass of red wine, sand in between my toes, Spanish guitar music (love it), ohhhh, the list could go on and on and on!!!!!

Like 0      
16 Jul 2011 3:35 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

These guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFvU6BOwrDA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6E2ywxREgA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Tarifa

I close my eyes and I am in the car heading up into the mountains towards Ronda where I will stop for a bocadillo in the shade of the trees in the park before driving on to Arcos. My inner clock slows down and my soul sways.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2011 5:30 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Aaaah yes, Robert.  And a stop at Zahara de la Sierra, or over to Grazalema....

Patricia

Like 0      
18 Jul 2011 1:27 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

good things like some of those mentioned here and many more used to make me think of Spain, now sadly corruption, fraud and the hole in our bank account that used to be our life's savings makes me think of Spain. I used to love the country, but finding it very hard not to despise it now. Such a shame, but that's the way it is for many of us treated so badly.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2011 2:28 PM by Bri Star rating in North. 591 posts Send private message

The Sunday Times did a fabulous piece on Flamenco yesterday - and that made me sit for HOURS over my coffee thinking of Spain, particularly Andalucia where we have our place.   

So I sat and watched a bit of Spanish television to sharpen my listening skills - and that always makes me think of Spain, in spite of the hard work.   Then I cooked  paella.   It helps to make the awful July weather in the UK bearable.   

Brian

Like 0      
19 Jul 2011 12:12 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

El Escorial

"Simplicity in the construction, severity in the whole,
nobility without arrogance, majesty without ostentation."

http://www.feelmadrid.com/elescorial.html

Like 0      
07 Sep 2011 5:14 PM by blackrabbitz Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

08 Sep 2011 9:26 AM by Jon07 Star rating in Sydney. 84 posts Send private message

Mountains, food, culture & raw beauty.

Two weeks away !

Cheers,

Jon

Like 0      
08 Sep 2011 3:18 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Water Leak - Undetected - 2 posts
Mary-Anne Goosens: Am I Being Cynical? - 2 posts
Dogs saved from drowning - 0 posts
Time for property agents to earn their commissions. - 2 posts
sick of england - 117 posts
selling our restaurant - 0 posts
not wanting to pay commisions - 4 posts
Selling Opportunities - 0 posts
property - 1 posts
NEED A GOOD RENTAL AGENT IN MIJAS COSTA - 6 posts
Algorfa,Costa Blanca School - 0 posts
holiday in malaga august 2011 - 2 posts
Starting new business selling/installing IP Security Cameras in Malaga Area - 10 posts
illegal homes in spain 4 - 0 posts
EX16 now EX19 Fee increases - 0 posts
Andalucia, Increases in water charges. - 0 posts
Problems with SKY+ - 4 posts
HiFX to charge - 17 posts
Objection to AGM Minutes - 3 posts
Cheap 7 Seater for sale in Murcia - No more car rental - 0 posts
COURT CASE VICTORY - 11 posts
restaurants estepona - 2 posts
Vodaphone doesn't accept the NIE for smartphone? - 3 posts
The Latest on Paramount - 0 posts
Bull running in Calaspara. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x