Slightly Inland CB Chitty Chat

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 May 2007 12:00 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

For us poor folk that are out on a limb.

All the talk about completions and keys in the other threads is so exciting.

We completed on ours in January but haven't been back since cos it has no working loo or kitchen until the builders have been in. Not even started yet.

I actually don't feel as if we own a house yet.  As if I am on this board under false pretences.

So how many of us away from the coasters are there?

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
21 May 2007 11:19 AM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Lauryc hopefully you wont be out on limb for long and all will be sorted soon,then you can really enjoy your property.The advantage of living slightly inland is all the bars and resturants etc stay open all through the winter,and a trip to the coast is only 20 mins and still a treat.The best of both worlds.Regards Pat

Like 0      
21 May 2007 11:21 AM by algorfan Star rating in Hyde, Cheshire / La .... 38 posts Send private message

HI LauryC

We are in Algorfa. Lovely little place only 15 mins from the coast. Flying out on 19th June so can't wait.........

Like 0      
21 May 2007 11:21 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

HI Pat.

That was our thinking exactly.

Best of all worlds. Especially in the area we bought because Elche and Orihuela are pretty close too. We love the parks in Elche as we're palm freaks.

Laury

www.lauryworld.com

Laury

Like 0      
21 May 2007 11:24 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Hello Algorfapeople.

You will be nearby too.   Perhaps we will bump into each other sometime at the Almoradi market, which I love.

I think it's a lovely area all around there.

We're hoping to move out later in the year.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
21 May 2007 11:37 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi LauryC and all you "inlanders"

My Brother lives in Elche, so I know the area, the palm trees are actually grown commercially in/around Elche.

It can be a bit cooler inland too, beatiful scenery and lovely walks.

Best of both worlds.....................and LauryC, of course you are not an imposter here, you are in the "process" of buying silly, just taking a bit longer than expected I suppose!

Some peeps on EOS have not even taken the plunge yet, still deciding!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
21 May 2007 12:03 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi algorfan welcome to eos l will be in Almoradi June 25th-July 8th may be we will meet,must have around of golf at la finca, what are the fees,Laury yes the parks in elche are great for a cool walk in the palms we are in a good central position to visit all the towns in the area (spoilt for choice)The market In Almoradi on sat is great for all your fruit and veg and nick nacs for the apartment,plus the town square to sit and have a drink and people watch,(great) Regards Pat. 

Like 0      
21 May 2007 12:08 PM by algorfan Star rating in Hyde, Cheshire / La .... 38 posts Send private message

Hi Patpur,

Fees are 75 euros for 18 holes I think. Not cheap I know but the views are stunning. As is the air quality.

Is the Sat market easy to find? I get lost trying to find our garden gate!

Richard

Like 0      
21 May 2007 12:29 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

The golf sounds a bit steep to me. I'm used to paying £700 a year and playing as much as I like I don't think it works like that out there, does it?

We completed our purchase in January Fibby but it's a finca which needs it's bathrooms and kitchen sorting. Also, because of a damp problem, the floors will be raised by about a foot.

It's taken us this long to find a builder. Everything is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo slooooow  over there.  haha

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
21 May 2007 12:33 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Richard Yes the market is easy to find,have you been into Almoradi (5mins) Just head for the town square,tthe market is all round it,if you face the church to the left is all the house hold stuff etc,to the right and behind is the fruit and veg,plants etc.75 euros not the cheapest but then again you get what you pay for and you dont have to play in your rain gear.Regards Pat.

Like 0      
21 May 2007 12:33 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Richard Yes the market is easy to find,have you been into Almoradi (5mins) Just head for the town square,tthe market is all round it,if you face the church to the left is all the house hold stuff etc,to the right and behind is the fruit and veg,plants etc.75 euros not the cheapest but then again you get what you pay for and you dont have to play in your rain gear.Regards Pat.

Like 0      
21 May 2007 12:35 PM by algorfan Star rating in Hyde, Cheshire / La .... 38 posts Send private message

So let me get this right Laury.....

I thinka you bought a Finca near La Finca!

Good luck with the renovations. It sounds lovely.

Richard

Like 0      
21 May 2007 12:42 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Thanks Richard. The builder says 6 weeks so I am expecting 6 months.

We'll be out in June and will stay at a cheapy hotel as usual. The Something Joven is cheap on the N332 near Torrevieja.

At the moment I play golf twice a week Pat and I think that will go out of the window at 75€ a round.

Especially as my hubby's well paid job will be dumped when we move.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
21 May 2007 12:43 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Laury yes it does take time but it will be worth it,75 euros (about £50) thats 14 rounds for your £700.Regards Pat.

Like 0      
21 May 2007 3:31 PM by brenjam Star rating in Renfrewshire Scotlan.... 11 posts Send private message

brenjam´s avatar

Hi everyone,

We are in the process of buying an apartment in Jacarilla and hope to complete end of June. Any helpful advice on this area would be most welcome. As I don't drive and hubby has never driven abroad  any info on airport transfers and local taxis would be appreciated.

Like 0      
21 May 2007 4:57 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

I'm afraid I don't know where that is but hopefully someone else will.

I hope the completion goes well.

Laury

Like 0      
21 May 2007 5:22 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Brenjam,

Yes, as LauryC says, let us know where this is on the Costa Blanca and I may be able to help with airport transfers for you.

kind regards,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
21 May 2007 5:27 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Just looked it up on Google!

It is inland near to Orihuella town close to Bigastro peeps................

Also, forgot to say, we are in residence in Playa Flamenca, 20th June till 3rd July, if anyone is out there at that time and needs any help/advice, PM me and I will give you my Spanish mobile number.

Regards,

This message was last edited by FibbyUK on 5/21/2007.

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
21 May 2007 5:42 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Brenjam you should allow around 25 euros for the taxi fare from the airport,fibby l will be out there Junf 25th-July 8th And intend to have alook around Playa Flamenca area and also Mar Minor,now that the apartment has all it needs (no more shopping and cleaning)we can now enjoy other parts of Spain.Regards Pat.

Like 0      
21 May 2007 7:08 PM by brenjam Star rating in Renfrewshire Scotlan.... 11 posts Send private message

brenjam´s avatar

Thanks everyone for your advice. Hope to be out in Spain from 24 June to 1 July - just waiting for confirmation from agent. Will let you know definite dates when all arranged.

Brenjam

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

hi - 2 posts
Im new and I apologise - 7 posts
Hi again - 7 posts
Residencial or Turistico????????? - 3 posts
Good Time to back out purchase? - 17 posts
DISHWASHER - 5 posts
off plan - 3 posts
Lighting - 11 posts
friends of Bill Wilson and Dr Bob? " one day at a time" - 0 posts
content of the licence format - 4 posts
Automatic cars - 5 posts
2007 FA Cup - 31 posts
Urgent transfers - 10 posts
NIE and Residency - 0 posts
Jumilla - 6 posts
All is Quiet!!! - 2 posts
concerns with our basement. - 1 posts
AIR CONDITIONED GLOVE BOXES - 26 posts
Official Document Needed for application of NIE Number - 23 posts
Electrician in spain - 0 posts
Oh my Goodness! Over 1,000 posts and no applause! - 24 posts
Torreveija area chitty chatty - 25 posts
R & S PROPERTY AND GARDEN DESIGNS - 1 posts
To store or not to store, that is a question! - 7 posts
new member - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x