UNPAID COMMUNITY FEES

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Apr 2011 12:00 AM by clifton66 Star rating in Casares. 5 posts Send private message

I live on an Urbanization built approximately 20 Years ago which has about 380 owners of which 140 are in default with  their Community Fees. Some owing as little as E3000,00  and  some owing in excess of  E20.000,00.What I want to know is what action the Administrator or President should be  taking  to recover  these debts .I know one way is arbitrage and the other is the Courts.I have recently Inherited a Property  and I am getting not much information out of the Comundidad Offices.How long does it take to recover these outstanding Debts in Spain once the case has gone to the Courts .What happens when you can not find the owner and the Property is standing empty for a period of years.Not much appears to be happening in recovering these outstanding monies.

Thank You

Like 0      
05 Apr 2011 8:01 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Claiming these quotas in Court need to be decided in a Community Meeting. If there is no real possibility of the debtor paying ( unsolvency), it is better to wait for the house to be bought by a new person, this, will be obligued to pay the outstanding community fees before buying.

In the meantime, if the owners are not solvent.... there is nothind else you can do. A different story id if they are solvent people in which case you can have a Court decission being enforced against them and any of their assets

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Apr 2011 8:34 AM by clifton66 Star rating in Casares. 5 posts Send private message

Hi Maria

I believe there are some cases in court already. What about the auction these properties.Is this not an option as well.How long does this process take through the courts.I hear through the Grapevine that some properties have been sold without first having recovered the outstanding Community fees.In what scenarios can this ever happen in Spain

Thank You

Like 0      
05 Apr 2011 10:02 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Yes, the auction is possible even though sometimes too much for the problem that it is trying to be solved.

It will  really depend on the amount being owed: if these are big amounts owed by a developer or a Bank, I would say that the action and posterior  auction is a good option.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

VIALLI´S RESTAURANT PLAYA FLAMENCA VIA PARK 1 - 1 posts
Help with legal forms in Spanish - 4 posts
will there be an embargo on my car - 2 posts
Any One Got A Van Travelling To Murcia Region from UK With Any Room? - 2 posts
O'Hara's Fuengirola - 0 posts
Nurseries on Costa Del Sol - 0 posts
Wanted Stone Barbeque with chimney - 6 posts
Anyone know of a decent taxi shuttle service in Palma, mallorca? - 0 posts
Airport transfers - 4 posts
places to eat in Cartagena - 4 posts
Ford Puma 1.7, Black, San Javier area! - 1 posts
Register to vote (new window) - 13 posts
Repairs - 1 posts
Getting Replacement Car Documents - 6 posts
BLISS ^_^ - 1 posts
New Consumer Protection Laws - 3 posts
If it is raining or you are bored: Legal podcasts - 0 posts
Printing Prices (Spain) - 13 posts
Insurance companies - who is responsible? - 4 posts
Jewellery Repairs - 3 posts
dangerous dogs in Andalucia - 12 posts
For sale Ford Puma, Black, San Javier area! - 0 posts
Housing Benefit for pensioners in Spain - 1 posts
Signwriters - 0 posts
Green Power Sucks! - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x