Green Power Sucks!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

If Spain is (allegedly) the greenest country in Europe; if it is ahead and a shining example of the natural generation of power it is not a good advertisement for it. My electricity bill, and those of others, suggests to me that it is the most expensive form of power generation imaginable. Bring on the more cost effective nuclear power stations. Wind power? Blighted landscapes and blighted electricity bills.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
01 Apr 2011 10:30 AM by jek Star rating. 249 posts Send private message

jek´s avatar

"Bring on the more cost effective nuclear power stations".  Tell that to the good folk of Fukushima or Chernobyl or Three Mile Island - those that are still alive, that is!  And with the threat of terrorist attack these days would you want to live within radiation distance of a nuclear power station?  And you'd better be quick.  Uranium is scarcer than oil and expected to be exhausted sometime between 2050 and 2100 - but the waste product of nuclear energy will remain a threat for 10,000 years. 

Like 0      
01 Apr 2011 2:24 PM by lavge Star rating in Granada. 19 posts Send private message

Spain the greenest coountry in Europe - hmmmmm - where did you hear that? I very much doubt that, but I obviously could be wrong.

Have you considered trying to use less electricity? Or install solar power? I not, just smile and pay your bill :-)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LONG TERM RENT CAMPOSOL - 0 posts
RE/MAX and lettings management - 0 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL WANTED - 1 posts
Certificate of good conduct ! - 2 posts
Name and Shame Bad Tenants - 6 posts
Bars in Fuengirola showing cricket? - 0 posts
Confirmed: Buyers deposits for Herrada del Tollo, San Jose covered by generic guarantee policy - 5 posts
ATESA SPAIN - 1 posts
Valor Catastral,IBI Payments - 1 posts
Huercal Overa - flies & pig farms - 16 posts
Double Gates for sale - 2 posts
Lost Your Deposit!!! - 1 posts
MR WHIPPY ICE CREAM BUSINESS FOR SALE - 0 posts
WANTED PATIO AWNING - 0 posts
Legal interest is covered by bank guarantee. Buyers can still claim to SGR - 11 posts
Tacky Tin Tables - 0 posts
Fined and I don't know why! - 9 posts
PLAYAS DE CALABARDINA - 0 posts
boat owner laws in spain/canaries ? - 1 posts
HD in Spain - 3 posts
What can we do for this to change? Most Brits in Spain say no gracias to integration - 15 posts
Water Leak at Villa - Help Advice desperately needed - 4 posts
Unused Bunk Beds Going Cheap. - 0 posts
We are all lottery winners? - 2 posts
Van and driver going to Ireland or UK - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x