Hello.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by jcaroline Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hello, my hubby and I are planning on spending a 3-6 month 'break' in Spain. 

Our 4 kids have grown up now, so we are planning on using our new found freedom to have a 'gap half year'.

We have had a quick look at Murcia and Costa del Sol, but aren't sure where would be the best. We love cycling and walking, so , a good area for that will be important.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received, along with any other info, as we are relatively 'green' when it comes to Spain, only having visited Mijas Costa a few times.

Good to meet you all :o)

Like 0      
21 Mar 2011 7:58 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Welcome in! I am sure you will find good guidance here. Please stay posting! 

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
21 Mar 2011 7:08 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Welcome to Eye on Spain!

Are you looking for beach location or more inland?

You are looking at a huge area and everyone has their own preferences. 

Check it out this thread, and this one for starters.

Enjoy your break in Spain!

BTW, you can find loads of places to rent long term here too when you're ready.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
21 Mar 2011 7:54 PM by jcaroline Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Thanks for the replies and links. They were interesting.

As we will probably be there through the winter, poss September onwards, then I am assuming Costa del Sol will give us better weather. 

I'd prefer to be near the sea, but, as we cycle a lot, good cycling terrain will be quite important too.

I have seen a few nice properties to rent in Murcia though. I have been watching the weather there through the winter, and it seems a good few degrees colder there.

So far then, it seems to me that we will get a nicer property for the money in Murcia but better weather in Costa del sol.....or am I completely wrong?lol

Like 0      
21 Mar 2011 8:03 PM by mgk Star rating in Penthouse 2. 241 posts Send private message

mgk´s avatar

Hi jcaroline

Check out Condado de Alhama [one of Polaris World sites] sounds pretty much what you are looking for!

www.condadoelectricalservices.com        condadoes@live.co.uk

tel.605 832  795

Like 0      
21 Mar 2011 8:31 PM by mikelord Star rating in Roda. 148 posts Send private message

Hi,

Regarding temps in Murcia, you are probably getting info for the city which is a good 30mins drive inland & considerably cooler than the coast in winter. The reverse is true in the summer & it is often 45 C in Murcia city then, but 10 C cooler on the coast.

Try checking temps for San Javier (Murcia) instead. Plenty of cycle tracks in this neck of the woods also!

Mike

Michael Lord

www.HealthandBeautyAbroad.com

Like 0      
21 Mar 2011 9:20 PM by jcaroline Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Thanks .

I'll certainly think more about Murcia then. Cycle tracks and good weather.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2011 9:32 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Caroline

I can only vote for Andalucia and the Costa del Sol the average temprature is the highest in Spain and probably Western Europe it is somewhat colonised I guess on the coastline but it doesen,t feel like little England especially out of school holidays maybe a two centre stay would be best 

It all really depends when you are planning your stay 90% of business,s stay open during the winter and La Canada and Marbella provide modern clean shopping/entertainment provision so you wont get bored 

Where ever you decide I am sure you will have an adventure to remember

Regards Rod

This message was last edited by rod on 21/03/2011.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2011 5:21 PM by nellie1208 Star rating in Manila, Philippines. 8 posts Send private message

Hi there! Welcome to the forum. I am also new here. :) My name is Nellie Samantha. I love anything about the culture and history of Spain. Everything about it is very wonderful. :) Hope I could be able to get along with you :)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

furniture and lighting suppliers costa blanca - 6 posts
Literally lost the thread ! - 5 posts
contract required - 5 posts
Metal Hand rail - 0 posts
air strikes - 3 posts
Good body shop, costa del sol? - 4 posts
Community insurance - 1 posts
I Have a 7.5ton Van Returning From Alicante, Spain On 03rd April - 1 posts
Number of Vice Presidents? - 2 posts
confused about freeview, freesat, hd etc - 9 posts
Still Impressed by the Spanish Health System? - 24 posts
part exchange property - 1 posts
Tax on El Hacho area - 3 posts
Airport Transfer legalities?? - 22 posts
SKY/Freesat & Broadband - 2 posts
Legal lookie lookie men? - 6 posts
Blogs - 3 posts
Libya: What lousy timing - 40 posts
Dacion: any advice? - 6 posts
Time Capsules - 2 posts
Cheap flights? - 2 posts
Help needed re European Enforcement Order - 34 posts
Looking for a leaflet company - 3 posts
Guardamar to Tabarca Island - 5 posts
non resident tax - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x