Wonderful Andalucia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by Bri Star rating in North. 591 posts Send private message

In the interests of balance, and not wanting to diminish anyone's pain, I did just want to say that in spite of seeing the price of my property fall dramatically over the past few years, there is still a lot I love about Andalucia.  The people, the fiestas, the food, to name a few.    I think that it is not in anyones best interests to constantly focus on the negative aspects, which are very well covered in these forums.  Terrible as it is, the number of illegal builds is nothing like as high as the number of legal builds, many of which have owners who are happy in them.  Nor does Andalucia have the exclusive rights to the agony - have a look at what has happened in Murcia on Trampolin Hills.

In spite of the difficulties, I like Spain, and I like to see it promoted in a postive way, and I do not believe that this undermines the problems or negates the difficulties of people involved at all.   

Brian

Like 0      
14 Mar 2011 10:48 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Seems your thread was hijacked so I have deleted the offending posts and so let's try to bring it back on track here.

And by the way, I agree with your comments!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
15 Mar 2011 11:08 AM by Bri Star rating in North. 591 posts Send private message

Thank you Justin, and I guess it just goes to demonstrate how it is impossible to keep a thread on track, if it is trying to say something positive.  

I am disappointed to have been told to move from one thread because it was only about demolitions, only to have the new thread hijacked.  Not surprised though.

More positive things - though not just about Andalucia - all those Spaniards progressing in the tennis at Indian Wells.  Fantastic!!

Brian

Like 0      
16 Mar 2011 10:28 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Bri!

Thanks for your words, specially these below: yes, let´s focus on the positive and the possibilities that the future have for the benefit of all. 

Your words: "In spite of the difficulties, I like Spain, and I like to see it promoted in a postive way, and I do not believe that this undermines the problems or negates the difficulties of people involved at all."   

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 16/03/2011.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 16/03/2011.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
16 Mar 2011 11:21 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Bri,

Mrs Technoape and I agree 100%

That's why we moved to Andalucia.

When we first decided to buy property in Spain, we looked at lots of different areas, but it wasn't until we came to Manilva that we said "Yes! Let's buy here!". We simply fell in love with the area.

Then, over the years of having holidays here and exploring this wonderful area of Spain, we decided to move 'lock, stock and barrel' and start a new life.

As you said, despite all the difficulties, it's fair to promote this wonderful area of Spain, and as you said, it doesn't undermine nor negate the problems some people have faced buying property here, in fact we think it helps by showing what has and could happen when buying property.

By the way, thanks for the comments and support on the other thread - really appreciated.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
16 Mar 2011 12:30 PM by PeterInSpain Star rating in Marbella, Spain. 39 posts Send private message

Bri,

I was trying to find a witty and intelligent way of replying - but Mr (and Mrs.) Technoape have put it better than I ever could!

All the best Peter

Like 0      
16 Mar 2011 1:03 PM by sneezey Star rating. 64 posts Send private message

sneezey´s avatar

I agree with you we need positive comments as well. I have lived and worked in Spain for 30 years and I'm not a masochist ..I love it  The main industry here is tourism, without it there would be even more unemployment. We need to encourage people to come here if we want to continue to work and live here, so negative comments don't help. Let's be positive ....The sun, the stars, the lovely open people, the relaxed pace of life, relatively pc free, extraordinary contrasts to make life interesting, fascinating traditions and Fiestas throughout the year, the Siesta, the outdoor life, beaches ......are just a few of my favourite things about life here. 

Like 0      
16 Mar 2011 1:09 PM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Costa Blanca,  Calpe too

Always feel like i am home when i get back there  even though work dictates that  i have to reside in England for the time being.

Like 0      
16 Mar 2011 5:55 PM by LadyV Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Here here for Brian, have lived in the Costa del Sol for 8 years now, and even though there have been many times when it has been difficult - are me and my family better off here?? Yes indeed. My kids are getting a great education, its a nicer climate than the UK, I could always wish for more money and more shoes, but on the whole its a good life.

Like 0      
16 Mar 2011 7:44 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

Here here to Bri, and TP1.

My wife and I have been on the North Costa Blanca since 1985 and have never regretted coming to Spain. We have seen many changes over the years, some good some bad, but overall we love it, all over (well there are some places we would rather not go to)!!

We've moved our kids and grandkids out here too, over the years, and they love it too.

What does annoy is the constant bitching and griping in the "Brit Press" on the coasts. Why do they stay?

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 10:14 PM by lavge Star rating in Granada. 19 posts Send private message

I second that last post.

I live in Andalucia and I love it here, my daughter goes to school here, we bought a property. Yes sometimes it's hard, but it's hard everywhere at times. If people don't like it they're free to leave.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2011 4:42 PM by TJ222 Star rating. 317 posts Send private message

I agree, Andalucia is a wonderful place to live and work, and the economic troubles have their silver lining. At the rate the building was progressing a few years back, the whole place would have been a block of grey concrete by now. For those that can manage here now, the original qualities that made Andalucia so attractive, are returning, or are no longer at risk. I personally love the climate here, which in all my travels around the world, I still think is unbeatable. The slower pace of life and the lack of crime and the still traditional values are amoung its top qualities.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2011 7:30 PM by Bri Star rating in North. 591 posts Send private message

Agree absolutely re the silver lining.  I know that we have terrible unemployment, especially youth unemployment in Andalucia, but in the long term, it has to be a good thing that the overbuilding has been halted.  Hopefully we will move forward in a more considered way, and keep the charm of the region intact.   

Brian

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 3:53 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Bumping this up.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2011 9:13 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
15 Jul 2011 10:27 AM by TJ222 Star rating. 317 posts Send private message

Muy buena pero....

Come to holiday, for fun and laughter, or live the good life renting. Not for stress and tears - DO NOT BUY IN SPAIN.......

Until property is sensibly priced and Spain lives up to its obligations in the free and democratic world.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

arenal duquesa - 17 posts
Withholding of Plusvalia tax by solicitors - 14 posts
spanish lawyers - 28 posts
Car Hire from Alicante Airport - 4 posts
Just read this report on A Place In The Sun Live in London - 1 posts
New ITV Station in San Pedro? - 3 posts
dos mares - 5 posts
Wanted: 3 month let, 2 hours max drive from Barcelona - 0 posts
Summer Football Schools - 1 posts
OBTAINING COPYRIGHT - 1 posts
Help with driving to spain - 7 posts
ELS Lawyers in Fuengirola - 19 posts
formentera del segura - 2 posts
England v the European Union - 3 posts
LOOKING FOR A LONG TERM RENT IN ELVIRIA - 0 posts
Irish Passport Renewal - 1 posts
Car Tax in Spain - 4 posts
Spain: The Tenants Paradise - 17 posts
mango - 10 posts
KARENSUN WHERE ARE YOU !!! - 0 posts
HPI checks - 3 posts
ryanair-captcha code security problem when booking flights - 4 posts
nautilus restaurant torrevieja - 0 posts
thanks for a great holiday Jelco - 0 posts
Translation! A Bright Idea? - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x