ELS Lawyers in Fuengirola

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by sheelaghg Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Does anyone know the situation with this ELS firm. We understand they are currently being sued by a property investment company 

What happens to their clients?? Comments please.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2011 4:33 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Are you referering to European Legal Solutions by any chance?

Norman

Like 0      
13 Mar 2011 4:37 PM by sheelaghg Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Yes we do. Do you know anything about this?

Like 0      
13 Mar 2011 6:03 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

This is the firm I used because the young english lawyer seemed honest but who abandoned me after I told them they were insane for signing contracts without finance being in place

what is your story of them?

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
13 Mar 2011 7:12 PM by sheelaghg Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

We had no problems at all when purchasing our property in 2005, in fact the firm has always been very helpful throughout, helping also with our Spanish wills etc. It is only recently when we tried to contact them for help paying our annual property tax for 2010 that we did not get response from them. It appears that they are no longer in business - unknown to us. What happens to the documents re our property they were holding for us?

Like 0      
14 Mar 2011 9:21 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

That sounds like one for Maria, perhaps a pm.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
14 Mar 2011 9:39 AM by sheelaghg Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Thanks for advice - will try that out

Regards

Like 0      
14 Mar 2011 11:40 AM by sneezey Star rating. 64 posts Send private message

sneezey´s avatar

If you need a lawyer you're best to get one near where you have your property. Marbella Solicitors are good and they have offices all along the coast

Like 0      
18 Apr 2011 7:15 PM by cmhorton Star rating in Essex, UK. 2 posts Send private message

We also used ELS in 2005 for property purchase and making wills etc. Went to their offices this morning and they have shut up shop! It's been confirmed that they are no longer in operation and when I find out who all the client files have been passed to I'll let you know!

Like 0      
08 Jun 2011 11:33 AM by Tafinvestor Star rating in Salisbury UK. 2 posts Send private message

Does anyone know if there is a successor firm appointed in Spain?  Or whether they had PI cover?  Without an equivalent of the SRA I suppose one has to hire another lawyer to establish this.

For clients advised in the UK by ELS there is some hope at least.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2011 12:01 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

what was the background to their collapse/closure?

Like 0      
08 Jun 2011 1:48 PM by cmhorton Star rating in Essex, UK. 2 posts Send private message

I emailed Pascale Fyon of ELS in April and she replied immediately to say that ELS are no longer trading but she would be happy to give me advice or refer me onto another recommended legal adviser. She gave me her tel no. 0034 685 296649.

I have since emailed her back twice to enquire about the wherabouts of my file but have received no response! I suppose I should phone her and pursue this but not got around to it. I may try and contact the UK office to see if they can answer my question.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2011 1:55 PM by Tafinvestor Star rating in Salisbury UK. 2 posts Send private message

It might have something to do with a few million euros going astray.  I can't put in a weblink but google ELS Majestic Joe Ezaz and you'll see plenty. 

Plus when faced with trying to unravel the Majestic/Stately/Imperial Real Estate fiasco in Spain I reckon they thought they were better off shutting up shop.  Easier than defending the accusations of negligent advice that have allegedly been made.

Legal action aplenty in the coming months I suspect, both in Spain (if they had insurance) and the UK.  It's a car crash, but the Spanish regulation is apparently toothless so I'm hoping we get a result in the UK, where the regulator is playing their part.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2011 12:45 PM by malcolm j Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi, we used ELS found them very good .

Just totally shocked , spoke to Pascale Fyon , on phone , very helpful ,has all our documents in storage , but has been totally dumped on from a big height by Joe Ezaz , who allegedlly has been mixed up with fraud etc.

Pascale has been left responsible , bankrupt etc.

Why are most of the con men Brits , make me feel ashamed.!!

Like 0      
12 Dec 2011 1:43 AM by plodder Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Any news on els.  Only just found out they've closed.  Just shows what a dope I am not to keep

on top of things.   Off to Spain tomorrow will call in or try and find something out.  They have my deeds.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2011 7:31 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Original deeds are always kept with the Notary, so, if you remember who it was ( or you can find out throgh a search in the Land Registry) you can obtain them this way too.

Good luck,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
17 Dec 2011 7:33 PM by plodder Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thank you Maria.

Managed to contact the Notary and got myself a new lawyer. 

Matters are now in hand.

Colin

Like 0      
22 Dec 2015 5:58 PM by spiike Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I know this thread is long dead and likely I will get no replies, but I thought it would be worth a try. Did anyone ever find out if European Legal Solutions (ELS) had an insurer in Spain? I would appreciate any information on this.

Many thanks!

Like 0      
22 Dec 2015 11:24 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Back in June 2011, I posted this on an EOS thread relating to European Legal Solutions:

Don't know if this is relevant but thought I would post it anyway.

http://www.ifaonline.co.uk/ifaonline/news/1932776/investors-threaten-sue-stirling-mortimer-law-firm-spain-property-advice

So now in 2015 I wonder if this might be relevant to your enquiry spiike?

http://www.fscs.org.uk/news/2015/march/fscs-now-processing-claims-in-relation-to-three-stirling-mortimer-funds/

This message was last edited by ads on 22/12/2015.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2015 12:31 AM by spiike Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hey ads, 

Thanks for the info. I don't think it's relevant to our case unfortunately. Our situation is that we partially paid for a house in a new development in La Cala, The house was then deemed illegal by the town hall and demanded certain parts were demolished. The developer refused to give any of the money back and it was ELS who led us through the process and actually suggested we complete our payment to the developer. I don't have all the details as I'm not the main person dealing with it but since we started this case years ago we haven't been successful in finding if ELS in Spain ever had legal cover or insurance. Not sure if anyone would have that info. Thanks again for the info! 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

formentera del segura - 2 posts
England v the European Union - 3 posts
LOOKING FOR A LONG TERM RENT IN ELVIRIA - 0 posts
Irish Passport Renewal - 1 posts
Car Tax in Spain - 4 posts
Spain: The Tenants Paradise - 17 posts
mango - 10 posts
KARENSUN WHERE ARE YOU !!! - 0 posts
HPI checks - 3 posts
ryanair-captcha code security problem when booking flights - 4 posts
nautilus restaurant torrevieja - 0 posts
thanks for a great holiday Jelco - 0 posts
Translation! A Bright Idea? - 7 posts
Long term rent in Santa Maria - 2 posts
telephone problems - 0 posts
Ryanair-Granada- A Return to Sleepy Hollow...¡hasta la vista Vaquero... - 0 posts
Looking for comfortable, convenient rental for the summer - 1 posts
New Spanish TV channels - 0 posts
Reducing Road Deaths - 6 posts
Car Tourism is Over? - 0 posts
Carshare to Alicante and Murcia - 1 posts
Horizontal Law - Voting when you own multiple properties - 16 posts
It’s official. There are 12,697 illegal properties in the Almanzora Valley - 23 posts
DOUBLE BED FRAME AND MATTRESS FOR SALE - 0 posts
Single Bed For Sale - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x