Buying a Lottery Ticket in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by shytalk Star rating in in Orgiva,Granada. 23 posts Send private message

shytalk´s avatar

Can anyone explain how to buy a lottery ticket in Spain.Which to buy,How to check the numbers Etc .

Like 0      
24 Jan 2011 4:51 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

The national lottery is called "Once".  During the week it's €1.50 per ticket and I think at the weekend it's €2, but I'm not 100% sure about that as I've only started playing myself.

I always go to the guy in the village who sits in an Once tardis-style thing and he also tells you how much you've won.  You can also check online at www.once.es but it's not the easiest site to navigate.

I've played five times in the past two weeks and each time I've made my money back...and of course, spent it again on another set of tickets!

But at least it's paying for itself at the moment.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 Jan 2011 6:08 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Well at least I now know what those once booths are all about.

However we buy our tickets in  the 'La Mar de Vinos' Wine Shop which is opposite the Manilva Ayuntamiento offices on C/ Miguel Delibes in Sabinllas, which is around the corner from the Pharmacist on the main road as you head down for the Paseo.

You can buy all the different types of tickets you like from Euro Millions to the Spanish National Lottery.

You also have 'La Primitiva' on Saturday and Thursday, 'El Gordo' on Sunday and 'Bono Lotto' for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and lots of others which we haven't tried yet!

Here is a link to the Loterias y Apuestas del Estado webpage provided by the Ministerio de Economia y Hacienda.

Just click on the links on the left hand side of the page, and then you can check your results for the current and previous draws.

I think 'Bono Lotto' is a good Lottery Game to play, as it only costs 50 cents per line and when you purchase a ticket on Saturday or Monday morning, you can play the same line(s) all week, which gives you four draws each week of the same line at a total cost of 2€ per line. We played 5 lines the first time just before christmas and won three times out of four (not saying how much - nah!).

Where ever you are, just look for the Loterias y Apuestas del Estado sign, and you can purchase tickets and, more importantly, claim your winnings!

Buena suerte a todos.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 24/01/2011.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
24 Jan 2011 6:26 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

The National Lottery is not ONCE  that is a lottery that is run on behalf of the disabled people of Spain

ONCE is a non-profit corporation with a mission to improve the quality of life for blind and visually impaired in Spain. a social institution and democratic, open to all ... solidarity with people living with disabilities other than blindness, egalitarian and participatory work, day after day, in a democracy. And it does so closely with the Government through the Ministries of Economy and Finance, Health, Social Affairs and Equality, and Interior.

On the other hand, solidarity, traditional value of ONCE, was materialized by the ONCE Foundation for Cooperation and Social Inclusion of People with Disabilities, funded with 3% of the gross sales of gaming products of the Organization. In June 2007, the ONCE create another social institution, the ONCE Foundation for the Care of Persons with deafblindness .

Bocadillo
" ONCE is a nonprofit corporation .... "

ONCE's commitment extends to the rest of the world's blind, actively participating in international forums. And especially with blind associations in Latin America in training and employment programs which, since 1998, is organized by the ONCE Foundation for Solidarity with Blind People in Latin America (FOAL).

ONCE today, along with his foundation and his ONCE Business Corporation (CEOS), generates more than 115,000 jobs , direct and indirect, and autonomously solves the specialized care they require more than 70,000 blind and visually impaired Spanish the grouping.

More information ...

This message was last edited by fpegman on 24/01/2011.

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2011 6:51 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi fpegman,

"The National Lottery is not ONCE  that is a lottery that is run on behalf of the disabled people of Spain."

Hence why I said earlier "Well at least I now know what those once booths are all about."

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 24/01/2011.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
24 Jan 2011 6:53 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Hi Technoape

My reply was to the posting by Justin not yours

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2011 11:26 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

We buy ONCE lottery tickets at a cost of 1.50€ on Wednesdays or 3€ on Fridays, always from the same man, who comes into a bar where we sometimes meet a friend for coffee.  We buy our tickets from him because he always looks so pleased when we get our money back!  Like Justin said, he can check the ticket on his machine, though we usually check on the internet first. 

We also buy OID lottery tickets from a man who catches us outside Aldi or on one of the main shopping streets, mainly because he is so persistent but in a nice way!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Honda Shadow VT750C - 0 posts
Salsa - 3 posts
empty van coming to spain from notts UK to mazzaron area - 0 posts
Changing a Community Constitution - 11 posts
World record attempt for longest job queue in Madrid today - 1 posts
UK Televisions in Spain - 9 posts
Relocating to Malaga area..... but where would suit my needs?? - 4 posts
linda - 0 posts
How are things on the Canary Islands? - 0 posts
Bistro Glass Bar Table & 2 Gas Lift Stools - 0 posts
Sharing Van from Uk to Spain... - 0 posts
iPad help!!!! - 6 posts
Lots of questions... need advice please - 29 posts
It isn't letting me post my thread! :( - 8 posts
photos Casa Playa Balanegra - 0 posts
DJ - 0 posts
Thanks - 1 posts
Spanish Mortgages - 3 posts
Empty removal van space (North East to London) - 0 posts
Cleaning Key Holding - 3 posts
Purchase complete at long last - HELP ! - 7 posts
New S1 Form - 14 posts
HMRC form FD9 - 1 posts
Euroworld, Myramar Shaopping Centre, Fuengirola, CDS - 10 posts
finch - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x