What phone and Internet provider is the best

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by KellyMaria Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Hi, I need to install internet and a telephoneline can anyone advise me which company to go for.  Someone mentioned English Telefonica//Movistar.  I would appreciate any replies.

ps I would like to call the UK quite often

Like 0      
22 Nov 2010 3:32 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Telefonica /Movistar, despite all the gripes, are probably the best to go for long term since they own most of the landline infrastructure across Spain and any company offering cut-price landline phone / internet will be renting spce from them.

Do not use an agency called telefonicainenglish.com; they are merely a sales agent and most of the time are close to being scam artists with failed applications. They will also charge you over £100 immedialtely you place your order and if past history is anything to go by will make life very diificult if you try to get your money back.

Go to telefonica or Movistar directly to place your order.

T'fonica normally have some good deals going; see their website. It is all in Spanish however. If you need to speak English, there is an English Language sales  and help line available on telephone number 1004 from within Spain.

Hope this helps

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
22 Nov 2010 7:20 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

What area are you in KellyMaria?

I have heard bad reports about Telefonica's charges.

My neighbour has had them for about 6 years, she is a pensioner.

Recently she rang them to say she couldn't afford the monthyly bill and they reduced it by 20 Euros a month!

So were they overcharging in the beginning??!!!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
22 Nov 2010 10:04 AM by Jeanie60 Star rating. 103 posts Send private message

Buenos dias kellymarie,

We have just had  " Ole" installed

3mg internet and phone you have a choice wether to have spanish or uk calls which are free 24/7

30euros a month and so far so good.

regards

Jeanie

Like 0      
22 Nov 2010 10:54 AM by KellyMaria Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Thank you so much for your replies, I didn't like the fact that telefonicainenglish.com asked for 100€ up front so thank you Foxbat I will not order from them.

Jeanie60 have you a web address or telephone number of Ole as the price seems reasonable and to have free calls to the UK would be great.  Do they use Telefonica lines as I do not have anything at the moment and do they charge for installation.  Also does anyone else have any feed back on Ole as I do not want to make any mistakes and regret it.

FibbyUK I live near Rojales

Like 0      
22 Nov 2010 11:18 AM by Jeanie60 Star rating. 103 posts Send private message

http://roundtownnews.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24793&Itemid=31

Hope it works but it will tell you what you want to no.

We went to the office and the staff are english and very helpful

The guys who installed were very efficientand.

Jeanie.

Like 0      
22 Nov 2010 1:44 PM by mobailey Star rating in San Cayetano. 461 posts Send private message

mobailey´s avatar

We use torresat for TV Phone and Internet  the TV is 21€ per month and the Phone is 10€ per month with free calls to Europe outside of Spain as well as USA and Canada, If you want free calls to Spain it's anyother 10€ The Internet is 20€. So far we have not had any problems with the phone or internet and are very happy with the system. We know of others who have tried other providers but were not happy and have moved over to Torresat and are now happy with what they have and are paying less for it. If you want phone number etc for them please PM me

Mo&Bryan www.bryansblinds.com &  www.discovercostacalida.info Why not see if can we help  

Like 0      
22 Nov 2010 5:28 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

It would appear that Ole and Torresat are or were one and the same company.

A link to a Torrevieja forum concerning Ole / Torresat its not all good news...

A link to Ole 's website...doesnt say much...

As with all things...'caveat emptor' buyer beware; if it looks to good to be true, it probably is...!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
23 Nov 2010 9:28 AM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

For Rojales, Skynetlink covers this area. I use them for internet & phone. With tax (IVA) included I pay about 30 euros per mth but for phone I've to pay extra 3c per min but I don't use their phone to make calls.  I got free 100euro installation as they'd promotion at that time.

I used VOIP instead & cost 12 euros every 3 to 4 mths depending on your usage & get 200mins calls per week free to many countries including Spain for 1st 120 free days & then after that use the credit (10 euro plus 2 euro tax & fee) I bought. When the credit is used up I buy another 10 euros & get another 120 free days.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2010 11:13 AM by KellyMaria Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Thank you for all your replies, I will investigate all options

Like 0      
05 Dec 2011 9:02 AM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Does anyone know about Aeromax for internet & phone? They're are based in Crevillent.

Thanks.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is a NIE necessary? - 6 posts
memory foam mattresses - 13 posts
Swiss army knife - 2 posts
Does anyone ask their lawyer to do the utilities connection - 14 posts
dacion en pago - 6 posts
Where to buy furniture - 3 posts
Christmas in La Cala Hills, Nr Mijas - 6 posts
Royal Engagement Facebook Fail - 1 posts
Who sells Gazebo's - 4 posts
Car washing - 3 posts
Iams Dog Food - 4 posts
Just booked a flight from Leeds Bradford to Murcia - March Ryanair - 0 posts
Winter flights from Alicante with Monarch - 0 posts
UK car hire - 6 posts
How to transport furniture from UK to Costa Blanca? - 7 posts
Web site for San Cayetano - 5 posts
Ryanair - Bournemouth to Malaga - 3 posts
pine furniture - 0 posts
Illegal employer practices? - 5 posts
Malaga to Jaen - 3 posts
WANTED: PRISMA LEVEL 2 SPANISH WORKBOOK AND EXCERCISE BOOK - 0 posts
4,900 Euros of bookings for our villa in 1 day!! - 14 posts
Spanish mortgages and life cover - 0 posts
Shopping on a Sunday? - 8 posts
Alicante Airport Rip Off and Price Fixing - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x