Anyone feeling the cold yet?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Nov 2010 5:00 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

here in Kent the mild spell lasted a couple of days then some intermittent sun but dryish and now "brass monkeys" with the boiler in overdrive.

this is where the winter fuel payments are needed.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
25 Nov 2010 5:25 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Had to de-frost the car this morning

Like 0      
25 Nov 2010 10:01 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Snap Gina - after I'd found the car under all the snow :(

Like 0      
25 Nov 2010 10:30 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Trust u Annie, gotta go one better LOL  xx  Let's get back to Spain

Like 0      
25 Nov 2010 10:55 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

not one better just true unfortunately LOL - i hate snow! - haven't been to the pasty shack for a while, u up 4 a visit?? LOL x

Like 0      
25 Nov 2010 11:24 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

I hate it too!!! Last year I had to park where I could on double yellows covered in snow. Got booked and wouldn't take my appeal coz I didn't take a photo!!!

Up 4 a pasty? Yep sure thing

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 25/11/2010.

Like 0      
29 Nov 2010 3:03 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

well the cold is constant with sleet and smatterings of snow and sun here and promised for a while longer.

the boiler is humming constantly which used to be a comfort and is now less so with the cost and warnings of further increases.

the conservatory is finished but unused until the sun returns for longer.

the lounge is too large and needs a polystyrene boxed section to hide in but still see the telly for when the money runs out.

Oh to be somewhere warmer.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
29 Nov 2010 3:44 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I know it's not snowing here but it is cold and wet.  I'm off home in a bit to get the fire going!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
29 Nov 2010 9:54 PM by tangledman Star rating in Puerto de Mazarron. 45 posts Send private message

tangledman´s avatar

It's -6 outside now and due to get down to -11 on Thursday. Off to Spain on Friday.

So long as the can defrost the plane.

I'll be glad to get out of Narnia for a few days.

Like 0      
30 Nov 2010 12:35 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Well

Just watched the BBC news about temperatures plumeting to -20 in some area's of the uk, but even here I've had to go and rescue my old leather jacket from a storage box, never thought when we moved here that I would ever need it again apart from the odd visit to the UK.

Been miserabale all day, when it rains here it properly rains, and it feels colder than it actually is. Still not complaining

S

Like 0      
30 Nov 2010 1:23 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

tangledman

....yes, I used to have a girlfriend like that!

Like 0      
30 Nov 2010 1:39 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

sorry should have split this from the other post.

Dear All,

Oh dear - white out - thanks (possibly) to you happy globe trotters I am getting February in November - I am scared to read the gas meter and have cancelled the direct debit, in case I have to seek instalments.

Just how much room is there around Justin's fire?

It is clear that winter quarters of some kind are urgently required, I must advance the polystyrene igloo in the lounge idea quickly.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
02 Dec 2010 9:10 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Snow, Snow, Thick, Thick, Snow....

No, not here in Granada, but Gatwick closed until at least 6am Friday and Southampton until at least 2pm today. Exeter expecting delays and cancellations....Bristol possible delays...Brrrrrr!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
02 Dec 2010 5:06 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Did start to feel a bitty nippy yesterday, so I had to put on a long sleeve top instead of my t-shirt.

However the Sun is out again today, so feeling nice 'n warm again.

Late at night though, I must admit I put the Hot Air heating on for about 20 mins or so before we go to bed, just to give the place a nice 'n toasty feeling!

So toasty that I have to sit in front of the fridge with the fridge door open! lol

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 02/12/2010.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
02 Dec 2010 8:10 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Yes we all know what your fridge is like Techno..................... I feel the bucket coming back????? LOL!

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 02/12/2010.

Like 0      
03 Dec 2010 2:20 PM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

It's -7 degrees here in Fife and I have to keep looking at this website to dream of warmer climates and my little empty house across there.  It's 2 years old but I'm thinking we'll probably need a stove when we come out there on a permanent basis.  We've just had a multi-fuel installed in our Scottish house and it's fantastic.  The house in Spain has no chimney though - any suggestions?

Jo and Jim

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cashback debit card - 0 posts
Looking for publishers - 2 posts
Hi everyone in EOS - 9 posts
TAX CGT refund.. - 3 posts
Legal or not? - 9 posts
Established magazine for sale in Murcia - 0 posts
Leading Andalucian Building developer Noriega collpases & PRASA to follow suit - 7 posts
Moving to either Benalmadena or Fuengirola - 6 posts
ps3 game for sale - 0 posts
Can Spain ever self correct? - 21 posts
Reel to Reel tape recorder/player wanted - 1 posts
Collections from the UK - 1 posts
Steve & Dave in Turis - 1 posts
FOR SALE RENAULT SCENIC..... - 5 posts
the real camposol? advice from people who live there please! - 20 posts
I'm Coming Back - 2 posts
Neil Diamond night on BBC 2 - 0 posts
Breast cancer - 0 posts
glass curtains costa blanca - 0 posts
Playa Flamenca - 8 posts
Car Rental around the Miraflores/Riviera del Sol area - 0 posts
Is it now time to buy? - 21 posts
msb-morenilla abogados -la manga club-murcia-are they still trading? - 2 posts
morenilla abogados -la manga-are they still trading? - 0 posts
A Beautiful Day - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 36

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x