A Beautiful Day

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by elliebobs Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

Hi All

Arrived on the Costa Calida yesterday, Thursday and woke up to a fantastic morning today. I took a walk out after breakfast this morning and I can not believe how quiet the area is. Is this normal? I have come over to look at a property that I am interested in, however I just did not expect it to be so quiet.

I have visited the area a few times before and always liked the fact that although not over busy there was still things going on. However if the area has changed that much in recent times then I may think again regarding a property. I know that some have sold up and return to the UK, but what a change.

I am meeting the agent in another hour or so, trying to keep an open mind about the whole thing and hopefully meet some re assuring locals.

El

Like 0      
12 Nov 2010 11:22 AM by moggy Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Hi there could you tell us were you are on the Costa Calida.I live in Mazarron and I could give you some good web site info if this is your area.Maureen. 

Like 0      
12 Nov 2010 11:49 AM by elliebobs Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

Hi Moggy

Thank you for you reply, its nice to know that someone else is out there.

I am staying in San Pedro Del Pinatar, in the Hotel Neptuno, which is right on the seafront. I have a fantastic view right over the Mar Menor towards the La Manga Strip. It really is so pleasant this morning,.

El

Like 0      
12 Nov 2010 11:52 AM by Franny Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

It all depends what you are looking for. We don´t have traffic congestion on the Costa Calida, so it looks quiet, but, believe me, there is a lot to do. We can´t find enough hours in the week for all that there is. Moggy has recommended a web site for you to look at, probably the best thing you can do.  Good that you are keeping an open mind though!

Like 0      
12 Nov 2010 12:24 PM by moggy Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Hi There,some good web sites to look at are,

www. playa paraiso org        click on to thier full index and there have lots of info have done most of there walks in La Manga club                                                      region,really enjoyable                 .

www. simply networking. e.s      Another very good site lots of info for the Murcia region.

www.espuna-adventure.e.s        For the more energetic walks biking etc in the Sierra Espuna national park

Have a good visit,and enjoy the beautiful weather.

Like 0      
12 Nov 2010 7:08 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

This time of year is always quiet.  During the summer it all changes quite drastically.

Personally, I like it quiet.  Rush hour here is when you have just one car on the road in front of you!

Saying that, even in our area on the Costa del Sol, it does seem more quiet than usual, even on a Friday or Saturday night.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Nov 2010 8:14 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hola El

If you are feeling energetic on Sunday, why not go to Los Alcazares between 9.30 and 10.30 to register for the MABS Race for Life, starting at Club Nautico in Los Alcazares?  It is a 3k run or walk, costs 10€ (you get a free t-shirt with your entry) and it looks like it will be another lovely day. We are travelling down from Jumilla with two English friends and expect there will be lots of expats and locals taking part, so it should be pretty lively there.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Only in America...(Nothing to do with Spain...!) - 3 posts
Community responsibilities & constitution - 3 posts
New Gym at Casares Golf - 1 posts
Electric Cooker & Cooking - 9 posts
SONY BRAVIA 32INCH LCD TV - 1 posts
CITREON C3 FOR SALE - 1 posts
Vistas del Guardiana, Costa Esuri - 0 posts
TRAVELLING BY CAR AND MOTORBIKE FROM SANTANDER TO VERA - 2 posts
And Grandad Makes Eleven - 1 posts
Sales January Sales ??? - 2 posts
FOR SALE CAN AM SPYDER MOTOBIKE......Must See - 5 posts
Can They Do This? - 7 posts
Moving from Ireland(transport) - 6 posts
uk family with 1 horse 1 pony seeking long term accommodation in spain - 4 posts
paying non resident tax - 234 posts
anabel4you - 2 posts
roof tiles wind damage - 1 posts
sky remote - 2 posts
Reporting of Vat on UK purchases - 5 posts
Granada, Malaga, Antequera Triangle; link wanted for good animal rescue centre. - 7 posts
English speaking gestoria in Antequera area - 0 posts
Visit to Granada - 4 posts
Burning your rubbish in the countryside ! - 3 posts
Window Cleaners Mijas Golf - 3 posts
balcony infill - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x