Personal Loans

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Oct 2010 12:00 AM by Ziggyblue Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

This is my first time of posting and I had problems starting a new thread so apologies for putting it on the Spanish Mortgages thread.

I own a property in both Spain and the UK and am looking for a small personal loan to make improvements on my UK property. I have a UK bank account and have no mortgage on either property. My own bank in the UK don´t want to know as I am a Spanish resident. Does anyone have any ideas?  Or has any one got a similar loan from a Spanish bank?  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Like 0      
12 Oct 2010 9:02 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I would be surprised if a bank in Spain would give you a loan to fix up your property in UK....especially as they are not too keen at lending anyone anything these days.

However, if you are working and feel that you have a decent credit history then you could just ask them to see what they would say if you wanted a personal loan "to buy some new furniture" for example, and just see what they say.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Oct 2010 9:11 PM by Ziggyblue Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

What difference does it make what I need the money for as long as I can prove I can repay it? 

Like 0      
12 Oct 2010 9:16 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I suppose it shouldn't but if you tell the bank that the money is going abroad then they may class that as "high risk" and not lend it to you.

I know someone who had this issue but in the opposite direction so that's why I suggested you just put the feelers out with the bank and see what they say, especially as they just aren't as willing to lend money at the moment as they used to.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Oct 2010 9:31 PM by Ziggyblue Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

All very stressful.  It all comes of being too honest in the UK before moving over.  Should never have told the bank that we were moving but kept the address that I own as my main residence.  I take your point about the furniture though.  We are not asking for a fortune.

Like 0      
12 Oct 2010 10:10 PM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Hi Ziggyblue,

Do you work here in Spain or is your income from the UK?  As far as I know there is a lender here in Spain that will grant a personal loan but the rates are high and maximum term is 8 years.  The lender stresses that income must be good........!

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      
12 Oct 2010 10:19 PM by Ziggyblue Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

Income is all from the UK - pensions plus rental income.  Only want three years.

Like 0      
13 Oct 2010 10:07 AM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

As long as you have an income and no mortgages on either property you should have it quite easy. 

Depending on the amount you want they may offer you a small mortgage on the Spanish property instead of a loan.

As for taking the money abroad, make sure you dont tell them before you get the money, you can say its for whatever you want:

Repairs, furniture ..... just dont mention the UK

Joan

Like 0      
13 Oct 2010 10:54 AM by Ziggyblue Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

I definitely don´t want a mortgage on my property just looking for 5k

Like 0      
13 Oct 2010 12:14 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

You should be able to get that no problem, its a small amount

Like 0      
13 Oct 2010 12:16 PM by Ziggyblue Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

I hope so Joan.  Just off now to try and make an appointment with my bank manager.  Did try Gib banks and building societies but not interested.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Position Required - 0 posts
which place is suitable for the elderly in Spain? - 13 posts
Grammatical Rules for forum posts...(Only Joking...) - 15 posts
Wanted: Long Term Property Rental Benidorm Area - 0 posts
Auriga Crown - extra insurance - 4 posts
Changes - 3 posts
How is everyone? - 11 posts
ryanair dublin to almeria - 1 posts
First Steps - 4 posts
Early closing today on the Orihuela Costa? - 1 posts
TRANSLATING A LETTER EASILY - 11 posts
cash machines - 2 posts
I've found Norman - 0 posts
Introduction - 2 posts
Water Bills online - 5 posts
Goldcar - out of hours extra payment - 1 posts
Registering for IVA - 3 posts
Do you really want to sell your property - 7 posts
12 seater mini bus - 2 posts
Competa - 0 posts
Hola todos - 3 posts
No cars available - 0 posts
lawyer help in archivel/murcia area required - 2 posts
new here - 1 posts
Sterling continues to weaken as the UK economy house prices stumbles!!!! - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x