Registering for IVA

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Oct 2010 12:00 AM by trendytots Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi all

I've finally taken the plunge and registered as autonomo. Does anyone know how long it takes for my IVA to register in the VIES system? Is it just a case of waiting or do I need to fill in more forms? I've found some suppliers but can't purchase anything until the number registers.

Many thanks.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2010 9:34 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Spain does not automatically upload VAT registrations and certainly not autonimo since every self-employed person is VAT registered and in Spain unlike other countries there is no registration limit.

The tax office does not really understand why a small self-employed person would be transacting business outside of the Spanish empire!!!

Anyway you need to complete modelo 036 and tick modificacion box 130 - Solicitud de alta/baja en el registro de operadores intracomunitarios.

Present the form for stamping at your tax office. I can't remember what you need to bring with you so to be on the safe side bring everything you have if you don't have identity card - so maybe in your case passport + NIE cert?

Then I think in about 7 days your VAT number will validate on the EU database.

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/vieshome.do

I will shortly organise a competition on modelos and see who knows by number what each modelo is used for - the tax office only know what half of the forms are for ..... but no one knows what they are all used for ... it's quite funny if you ask what you should do next at the tax office - blank face and I don't know I just stamp this form!!!!

Another competition will be who can find all the little tax offices that exist - especially the ones hidden away - sometimes only 2 staff - but each office must have a security guard - so there's another job created.

Also now that you are all legal you won't have much time to run your business with all the little filings unless you engage a gestoria ........................

Word of warning don't employ anyone outside family - I'm being serious here.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2010 10:36 AM by trendytots Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Thanks Faro,

I registered with modelo 037. Will this have the same affect or do I now need to complete 036 as well. I have a spanish speaking gestoria, but as my spanish is only passable, I'm not sure that I have explained myself correctly.

Your comments on not employing anyone outside of family is interesting- what are the dangers?

Like 0      
09 Oct 2010 6:03 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

It probably does if the right boxes were ticked at the time of completing and presenting the form - check with gestoria

I found out all about this when I could not understand why my Spanish VAT number would not validate and when I asked at the tax office I was told to conmplete modelo 036 and then they would upload my VAT number to EU database.

Employees in Spain are highly protected as well as having high social insurance contributions so just be careful before you enter into full time contracts. I personally would never employ anyone in Spain. A Spanish person will always win in a tribunal against an extranjero.

Also you might need to keep an eye on tax as in some areas you are obliged to retain tax prior to making an overseas payment unless you hold a certificate of residency from the entity to whom you are remitting funds.

Keep asking lots of questions otheriwse tax problems can come back to haunt you.

Also you might want to consider onshore & offshore activity and keep offshore activity outside Spain in terms of receiving payment and paying taxes etc.

The tax office can't keep track of non-resident people. We here  - we're not here - operating in a virtual world....... UK companies - UK bank accounts ..... non-resident tax status.

Try to keep as few Spanish assets as possible in your name - that is how much I trust the Spanish tax authorities!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Do you really want to sell your property - 7 posts
12 seater mini bus - 2 posts
Competa - 0 posts
Hola todos - 3 posts
No cars available - 0 posts
lawyer help in archivel/murcia area required - 2 posts
new here - 1 posts
Sterling continues to weaken as the UK economy house prices stumbles!!!! - 3 posts
Mountain bike for sale - 3 posts
Overcharged by mobile phone company - 0 posts
Long term rental levels bottomed out yet? - 0 posts
Cash your money from the Bank and invest in Spain now again - 2 posts
No taxes on the sale of habitual dwelling for residents - 12 posts
Ash cloud compensation - 2 posts
Malaga Airport - 10 posts
where is Norman Sands? - 31 posts
Exchange rate - 7 posts
Can I be sued? - 11 posts
Recommendation for Estate Agent in Chiclana de la Frontera? - 0 posts
surge protector - 7 posts
Mijas area water quality - 8 posts
Mijas area water quality - 0 posts
Peugeot 206 - 2 posts
Legal tip 356. Half a million of enterpreneurs - 0 posts
costa calida - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x