Murcia - Bristol, Easy Jet

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by Bob 13 Star rating in Bristol & El Pinar. 13 posts Send private message

Does anybody Know if Easy Jet have pulled the winter flights between Murcia and B ristol ?

Like 0      
22 Aug 2010 10:01 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

I presume like us, that you have gone to the easyjet website & looked for flights beyond the end of Nov.  As of yet there are none available/published, but this does not mean that they are discontinuing their winter service.  Just a case of hanging in there & waiting for them to get their fingers out!

Like 0      
22 Aug 2010 10:16 PM by Sparky Star rating in Somerset and Vera. 127 posts Send private message

Hi, We have also been watching this with interest however I was told recently by someone who works for Easyjet that the contract was due to expire at the end of October and they were not renewing but were waiting for the new airport at Murcia to open!!!!  I have been unable so far to find out how far this is from completetion.  Will just have to wait and see but I do hope this will be available in the future.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2010 10:31 PM by Bob 13 Star rating in Bristol & El Pinar. 13 posts Send private message

HI Jim yes hopefully we just have to wait but not to long to go now ?

Like 0      
27 Aug 2010 11:47 PM by Powis Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

EasyJet have stopped the route as of the 1st November, its not returning for the for seeable future! 

Murcia is in trouble now, Ryanair will stop flying to Bournemouth from Murcia for good! 

All Ryanair flights from (Birmingham, East Midlands, Glasgow, Luton, Liverpool, and Leeds) to Murcia have been suspended for winter, but should return in Summer 2011!

You can fly both Ryanair and EasyJet to Alicante from Bristol, which is only 1 hour drive from Murcia Airport.

Hope this helps.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2010 11:28 PM by Bob 13 Star rating in Bristol & El Pinar. 13 posts Send private message

Could you tell me where you got this Information from ? because this is the answer we got this week.

Dear Mr M

Thank you for contacting us.

I am glad to learn that you are planning to travel with easyJet.

I would like to confirm you that new schedules are usually released two to three months before the end of the existing schedule. As of now the flights are available till 1 November 2010. The exact date depends on confirmation of flight slots from the relevant air traffic control authorities. I am sorry that I am unable to give you a more precise date for this particular route.

You may wish to use the ‘frequently asked questions’ (FAQ) section under the ‘help’ heading on our website, which will provide the answers to our most commonly asked questions without the need to wait for an e-mail reply. You can find the ‘Find out when we release our schedule’ section, which will lead you to the expected release dates for the new schedule:

http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answers/list

Please note that these are only the expected release dates, which may be subject to change.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2010 12:42 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

Still no dates on easyjet after Nov 1st - that is now less that 2 months away.   We have just come back from Murcia airport via Bristol - I checked when I booked this and it was November last year - about 8 months in advance.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2010 9:23 PM by Bob 13 Star rating in Bristol & El Pinar. 13 posts Send private message

Hi Bad News we cane through Bristol yesterday and went to the Easy Jet Desk where we were told that Easy Jet are Pulling out of Murcia starting with the Bristol route. so watch this space for new ways to get to Spain.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2010 1:18 AM by vantage Star rating in Murcia. 43 posts Send private message

vantage´s avatar

They emailed me two weeks ago saying the new schedules will be released 01/11. Of course the new schedule could be ' No flights'.

I am of the opinion that the Murcian Regional Authorities are going to make life as difficult as possible for San Javier until they can unveil their new and largely unwanted new airport at Corvera. Expect Easyjet and Paddyair to get massively discounted landing fees and huge promotional budgets to come there.

Corvera is unwanted and unneeded by all except Murcian politicians, but it looks like it could spell the end for San Javier.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2010 8:00 AM by johnwspooner Star rating in Sucina, Murcia and N.... 14 posts Send private message

johnwspooner´s avatar

I am sorry but i have to disagree with "Vantage" on Corvera airport being unwanted.

Corvera is to be an International airport not a local regional one. Murcia needs tourism and golfers in particular to rent as many properties as possible on all the Polaris et al apartments and golf courses. International tourists from the likes of America, Japan and nowadays China are put off from coming to Murcia at the moment as they have to fly into Madrid and then make their way down to Murcia by various means. Murcia needs these "big hitters" for want of a better phrase. 

There has been huge amounts of money invested in Murcia purely on the strength of this airport bringing in a lot more people from a lot more countries on larger planes than San Javier airport can handle at present. I think in the long term Corvera will be good for the area. 

There has also been a lot of investment at San Javier airport so i don't think when Corvera opens it will lose the likes of Easy Jet, Ryan Air, Jet2 etc...i think the 2 airports will probably work well together.

The only reason the airlines are cutting their winter schedules is purely the economics of supply and demand. Less people travel here in the winter. I must admit these winter schedules are a pain. We bought our villa 4 years ago on the understanding that Jet2 were flying here all year round from Newcastle. The very next year they chopped their winter flights so we have to fly into Alicante now if we want to stick with Jet2. We can however still get EasyJet but on a much restricted schedule. 

Like 0      
04 Sep 2010 10:28 AM by vantage Star rating in Murcia. 43 posts Send private message

vantage´s avatar

With respect, that's nonsense. You have just quoted me the arguments put forwards exactly by the Murcian authorities.

San Javier is able to handle many more flights tham it currently does, but there isn't the demand. It can accomodate 757's meaning it could if required be able to handle transatlantic flights. Alicante airport has just been improved and upgraded and have had another terminal added.

There just isn't the demand for extra flights into the region right now, and the local authorities would have been far better off improving San Javier yet further. I cannot believe that people will be flying into Corvera from China or thge States in sufficient numbers to justify it's existence.

I feel sorry for people who have bought on Golf Resorts with the promise that Corvera will answer all their prayers. There simply isn't the demand. Do you think that Ryanair, Easyjet etc would be turning down profitable routes?  Do you honestly think that the number of golfers travelling from the States or far East will make enough difference to warrant a new airport?

Of course not., The area would have been better off finding a solution using San Javier, and not waste money upgrading that whilst building a new one.

Edit: The Polaris resorts were approved and sold long before Corvera was finally approved. Murcia & Alicante could easily handle the extra pax each year.

This message was last edited by vantage on 04/09/2010.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2010 3:45 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

I was always told that the new airport at Corvera was to be built partly because of Polaris world agreeing to pay for the roads etc but mainly due to San Javier being a military airport and not having the time slots available for the amount of flights needed - also the military wanted their airport back full time.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2010 5:32 PM by vantage Star rating in Murcia. 43 posts Send private message

vantage´s avatar

San Javier can easily handle more flights and the military have been given a second runway to use. Some flights (Jet2 Manchester being one of them) currently arrive around 11.30 AM before the military finish for the day. They (AENA - the Spanish eqiv if the CAA)  have spent an absolute fortune there . New runways. New check in, New Departure and arrivals lounges. Remodelled all the car parks. What would the military want with all of that?

This is typical of Spain, local politicians and thier egos/pockets in conflict with National Government. Ask any Spaniard in Murcia about Corvera and up til construction started in 2007 they used to just laugh about it as they thought it would never happen. It had been planned for about 30 years and had become a joke. Now it is being constructed it is an even bigger joke!

Like 0      
06 Sep 2010 10:42 AM by vantage Star rating in Murcia. 43 posts Send private message

vantage´s avatar

Latest official words form Easyjet.......

Thank you for contacting us.

Our records show that the route form Bristol to Murcia is still operating and the winter schedule for this route is due to be released on the 1st November 2010. Please note that this is only the expected release date, which may be subject to change.

Alternatively I would suggest that you register for easyJet email updates on the easyJet web site. As well as advising of forthcoming promotions, this will also give advance notice of the schedule release dates. If you would like to receive such emails, please go to the ‘my easyJet.com’ section of our website, scroll down and click on ‘sign up now’.

For your information, I have included a link to the ‘my easyJet.com’ section;

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Members/

Thank you for taking the time to contact us, if you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Yours sincerely,

Eimear McAlorum
Customer Service Representative

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

buying spanish car and selling uk car in Nueva Andalucua - 1 posts
FOR SALE. MOBILE AIR CONDITIONER - 3 posts
Section 75 Consumer Credit Act - 0 posts
Paul and Chris Birkett from Los Alcazares - 5 posts
Advice please, petlovers? - 2 posts
Ask Cloud Refunds - 2 posts
insuring a car on British plates in spain - 3 posts
AGM called contrary to the statutes, advice please - 1 posts
Insurance Claim - Damaged Tiled Floor - 1 posts
MOBILE BROADBAND RECEPTION IN IZNAJAR - 4 posts
Telefonica Tip. - 3 posts
IBI increases - 0 posts
Hola Amigo's....Im new to EyeonSpain, come and say hi....:) - 0 posts
Information required - 2 posts
GOLF FEES - 5 posts
Fitting tow bar to car - 1 posts
Mortgage Transfers - 1 posts
spanish property reposessions helppppppppp - 1 posts
La Caixa: Payments of cheques - 10 posts
Flight delay compensation cases put on hold - 0 posts
Kindergarten / School in Fuengirola - 6 posts
Form S1 (E106) registering for Healthcare - Estepona Area - 2 posts
Backing the nature through green buildings - 2 posts
IBI Tax bill for a property I don't own! - 2 posts
I couldn't believe it - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x