Section 75 Consumer Credit Act

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just watching BBC breakfast news and there was an article on making payments with credit cards. Now, we all know (or should do by now) that if you pay for an item costing between £100 & £30,000, you have cover under the Consumer Credit Act should your goods fail to arrive, are faulty or your holiday company goes bust. What I didn't realise until this morning is that if your holiday/ flight is cancelled and you are stuck abroad, you are also entitled to "reasonable costs" for hotel stays until the next available flight home can be arranged. (can't find a link as the BBC "throw a 6 to start" website is not playing ball).

I also heard that although debit cards don't qualify under the Consumer Credit Act that Visa and Mastercard (thus all card issuers using their brand) signed up to a voluntary code of chargeback. Therefore, as above, it is possible to put in a claim for your money to be returned, not sure the likelihood in the case of a bust company though? This chargeback also applies to the prepaid cards out there too!!

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Paul and Chris Birkett from Los Alcazares - 5 posts
Advice please, petlovers? - 2 posts
Ask Cloud Refunds - 2 posts
insuring a car on British plates in spain - 3 posts
AGM called contrary to the statutes, advice please - 1 posts
Insurance Claim - Damaged Tiled Floor - 1 posts
MOBILE BROADBAND RECEPTION IN IZNAJAR - 4 posts
Telefonica Tip. - 3 posts
IBI increases - 0 posts
Hola Amigo's....Im new to EyeonSpain, come and say hi....:) - 0 posts
Information required - 2 posts
GOLF FEES - 5 posts
Fitting tow bar to car - 1 posts
Mortgage Transfers - 1 posts
spanish property reposessions helppppppppp - 1 posts
La Caixa: Payments of cheques - 10 posts
Flight delay compensation cases put on hold - 0 posts
Kindergarten / School in Fuengirola - 6 posts
Form S1 (E106) registering for Healthcare - Estepona Area - 2 posts
Backing the nature through green buildings - 2 posts
IBI Tax bill for a property I don't own! - 2 posts
I couldn't believe it - 7 posts
renting in medina elvira 23 - 0 posts
Iberdrola - 7 posts
torrestat tv interference - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x