AGM called contrary to the statutes, advice please

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by maud Star rating. 43 posts Send private message

An AGM has been called for the end of Aug 6 weeks early at the request of specific residents, however this is not in the interests of any non- spanish residents (majority) as this will require very expensive flights and car hire in order to attend.The financial year has been changed in order to facilitate this requirement. The Statutes state that 'the meeting will always be held during the quarter of the year, once the financial year has been concluded'. So the original agreement for the financial year ends on the 30th of september and the meeting should have taken place after oct 1st. Can a meeting be called early by the vice president without there having been any previous consultation or vote and contrary to the statutes?

There are several people concerned about this. We have been told by the administrator to get our lawyer to phone them if we have an issue, and the president is not available and cannot attend the meeting.

Will legal advice be expensive and will it achieve anything?

Thanks for any advice.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2010 1:50 PM by noddy Star rating. 150 posts Send private message

i think nothing can be voted on unless its included in the agenda and you have the chance of a proxy vote. if you have no joy with your administrator, i suggest that if alot of you cannot attend make sure your proxy votes are in and hopefully there will be enough of you to stop anything underhand hapening and if one of you can make it all the better.

The president has alot of authority and i cannot understand it because he would be the one to sign the agenda and any other end of year stuff etc...

noddy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Insurance Claim - Damaged Tiled Floor - 1 posts
MOBILE BROADBAND RECEPTION IN IZNAJAR - 4 posts
Telefonica Tip. - 3 posts
IBI increases - 0 posts
Hola Amigo's....Im new to EyeonSpain, come and say hi....:) - 0 posts
Information required - 2 posts
GOLF FEES - 5 posts
Fitting tow bar to car - 1 posts
Mortgage Transfers - 1 posts
spanish property reposessions helppppppppp - 1 posts
La Caixa: Payments of cheques - 10 posts
Flight delay compensation cases put on hold - 0 posts
Kindergarten / School in Fuengirola - 6 posts
Form S1 (E106) registering for Healthcare - Estepona Area - 2 posts
Backing the nature through green buildings - 2 posts
IBI Tax bill for a property I don't own! - 2 posts
I couldn't believe it - 7 posts
renting in medina elvira 23 - 0 posts
Iberdrola - 7 posts
torrestat tv interference - 3 posts
Barcelona in 2011 - 2 posts
Importing a UK registered car that was previously Spanish registered ... - 3 posts
Apparently high catastral value - 2 posts
Open Countryside - 0 posts
BEWARE OF BMIBABY AT MALAGA - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x