Holiday today

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 May 2007 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Today is a public holiday here in Spain.  So don't expect much out of anyone here

The weather looks like it's turning again so we'll be going out in a bit to make the most.

Have a nice fiesta to all those in Spain.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 May 2007 9:30 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
02 May 2007 9:36 AM by spiritofspain Star rating in Riviera del Sol, Mij.... 114 posts Send private message

spiritofspain´s avatar

Ever since moving to Spain more than 7 years ago - have taken full advantage of the Spanish bank holidays .... plus l observe the UK bank holidays too.

The UK ones are not so much fun .....as where else in the world do you find all the Town Halls closed for a day as it is the Fiesta Day of the Patron Saint of Town Hall workers!!

I just love it!

Margery

www.losarqueros.iowners.net  and www.calahondapark.iowners.net

Like 0      
02 May 2007 10:30 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
So you take the time off for both UK  AND Spanish holidays?  The cheek of it

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 May 2007 1:42 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Blimey Justin, I thought every self respecting ex-pat observed both holidays - its just common courtesy!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
02 May 2007 3:46 PM by Mikenmandy Star rating in Dewsbury, Yorkshire .... 232 posts Send private message

Mikenmandy´s avatar

So it'll be a holiday in Spain until the weekend......and maybe a few more days next week just for good measure

Mike

Like 0      
02 May 2007 4:02 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Its a permanant holiday here with the odd days of work thrown in to help you remember what it was like in the bad old days in Blighty! 

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
02 May 2007 5:27 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
The odd day of work, or a day of odd work? Today's job was to source a "tapa" for a toilet siphon of the old lead variety for the bathroom that I'm refurbishing. Quite enough work for today, seeing as how it's the King of Lesotho's birthday and "out of respect" I feel I really should observe such an auspicious day. Shame it's raining, but maybe it will be sunny tomorrow for Polish Constitution Day. Then Friday of course is the Crown Prince of Tonga's birthday.......

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
02 May 2007 5:47 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

For goodness sake Roberto!

Go source that lead thingy for the lav and stop reminding us that Espania has far too many public holidays!

We have 2 this month nurrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
02 May 2007 8:30 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

If you have a child in school, it gets even more confusing. Tuesday was May day (1st of May), no school. I knew this cos it was on the school news letter. HOWEVER Monday was also a 'no school day'. Why? Cos it's a 'bridge day'. Everyone should know this..... if an 'offical' day off is within a day of a weekend,  school has that day off too!
It was more by luck than judgement, that we did'nt take Nicholas to school on Monday. He had a birthday party to go to on Sunday, it was there that I learnt school was closed Monday!
Shops open, school shut. I love it.
Fiona

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
03 May 2007 4:01 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Nothing to source Roberto. I know where you have gone wrong as a tapa is something to eat, not sommat for the loo - mind you I guess they are vaguely connected.......

I remember when I first came here the Spanish did not celebrate Xmas like the english do. Couldnt get a xmas tree, decorations and certainly no icing syringes for piping onto cakes! Oh how the times have changed.

2 xmases a year now and I have decided to use my saints day to celebrate as well as my birthday.

I do love it here!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Waving from Lanzarote - 32 posts
Spanish Lottery - 8 posts
MUZZY LEVEL 1 - 1 posts
Delay in releasing Block 9 - Plus New Build Opposite Block 9! - 13 posts
Anyone in the UK with kids ? - 18 posts
Justin, here please. Need info. - 43 posts
BAR WARS!! - 2 posts
fiscal representive. - 1 posts
6 months to 3 months for non-residents - 7 posts
Beach Thieves! - Be aware! - 29 posts
anybody purchased through masa - 10 posts
buying cortijo costa tropical - 1 posts
Cost of Purchase on Polaris World - 7 posts
Signing on the Padron at new office, Torrevieja - 1 posts
The community meeting! - 2 posts
TAX SCAM - 1 posts
Imonl Legal Services Experience - 2 posts
Free Guide to Buying in Spain 36-page guide ... for free! - 3 posts
Duquesa - 3 posts
Tax Scam - 2 posts
ANY PROBLEMS WITH BUYING RESALES ? - 17 posts
Satalite TV - 2 posts
ENTERTAINMENT - 0 posts
Full Refund Requested "Aureus " - 2 posts
Re-mortgage - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x