Waving from Lanzarote

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by Elle1971 Star rating in Lanzarote. 29 posts Send private message

Elle1971´s avatar

Hello everyone. I thought it would be very rude to register... and snoop around the forum, without introducing myself. So here I am.

Ermmm... where shall I start? Okay, my name is Elle and I live with my fella and doggie in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. I'm 35, and Mr Elle is 43. You can see what I looked like - because hopefully my avatar uploaded okay without distorting me into something from Star Trek!

We moved out here from Portsmouth last summer - and haven't looked back. It's been hard work... and we still don't have a tan - mainly from working (indoors) all the hours available to us. But hey - it's great to have an office here, instead of trekking up and down the motorway during rush-hour like we used to. Things are getting easier now, so we've just started taking evenings and weekends off - hurrah!

I won't post my URLs here - because I don't know if I'm allowed. But most of my work is done online, with a smidgun of client visits, when our sales guys need a bit of extra support. the internet is great - isn't it?!

So... questions...
1.  Am I the only one in the Canary Islands? I'm a member in a couple of other Spain forums... and it seems most of you guys are all milling about on the mainland.
2.  Where can I find any guidelines for this forum? I'd hate to offend, or put something in my signature that I shouldn't (sticking with Groucho for the moment).
3.  And lastly... whose round is it? I'm out of vino collapso!

Much love... Elle

Like 0      
30 Apr 2007 9:53 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
30 Apr 2007 10:34 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Elle, welcome to the forum.  There's a good bunch of people here so hopefully you'll have some fun with us.

You can put a link to your business in the signature, that's fine.  It's only when people try to spam the message boards with ads instead of actual posts that we get upset!  So by all means, you can put details of your business in your sig.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 May 2007 1:03 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Elle1971

Welcome to EOS!

No sure, but I think you are one of the first members from the Canary Islands.

But hey, Spain is Spain after all!

Glad things are wroking out for you over there, it must be hard trying to earn a living when you uproot.

But as you say, the internet is a wonderful thing eh!

What on earth would we all do without it now, well, you may get a sun tan who knows!

Keep posting, nice to have some new blood for all us vampires on EOS!!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
01 May 2007 2:05 PM by Elle1971 Star rating in Lanzarote. 29 posts Send private message

Elle1971´s avatar

Good afternoon Janice, Justin & Fibby! Thanks for the welcomes. I don't mind being fresh blood... but I've been known to bite back. Mua ha ha ha ha ha!

Nice to be the first on the Canaries... any help I can give about what goes on over here is freely available.

Thanks for the mini tag, Janice. I make them myself too. Let me know if you or anyone else wants one making with anything specific on it - and I'll whip something up for you. I'm also going to have a hunt around the boards so I can get my head around how to add images in the body of a message yada yada. I'm sure it will be simple once I know how.

I'm a chatty lass... and will try to poke my head around the door as often as I can.

in the meantime - we're off for siesta. Now it's starting to warm up we're going to take a break in the afternoons (maybe catch a tan, finally) and then do some more work in the evenings.  We'll see how it goes anyway. Somehow methinks the vino may start interrupting at about 8pm

Rightio... have a great afternoon everyone!

Cuidate! Hablo pronto!

Like 0      
01 May 2007 2:11 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Elle

Like your website!

Not sure about the girl talking on Tenerife though!

She sounds like she's had a few too many vinos! She hiccups now and again!

Enjoy your siesta!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
01 May 2007 3:05 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
03 May 2007 1:49 AM by Elle1971 Star rating in Lanzarote. 29 posts Send private message

Elle1971´s avatar

Lol Fibby. Yes, the voices will be changing soon. We'll be running a competition for people to read from scripts - and email them over. The voice on the Lanzarote page is me though ;)

Hi again janice. Yes, it's always good to meet up with friends. I used to run a MSN Group a few years ago... and we organised regular room meets up and down the country.  I think Canary Nightlife will be doing that too, at some point too.

Here goes then... let's see if I can add a picture! Here's a prezzie for you!

Much love... Elle

Janice001

Like 0      
03 May 2007 1:55 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
03 May 2007 9:47 PM by karenandjohn Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

I cant help noticing how many people are from our area Cardiff,we should all put our pictures on and

see if we know each other,or meet up in "tHE OLD ARCADE" for a pit of Brains  Karenx

PS JUST COME HOME FROM PLAYA LOS PICOLLOS ELLIE,SPENT ALOT OF TIME THERE  IN THE PAST --LOVE IT ,LUCKY YOU,---check out the American indian bar in Puerto Carmen,a really good "sing-a-long " rock band plays there every night  and coctails you would die for mmmmmmmmmmm

Like 0      
04 May 2007 1:11 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Karenandjohn

Can you update yout rpofile please?!

We know you are from Cardiff now because of you post here, but where in Spain are your buying or have bought?

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
05 May 2007 12:44 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Elle,

Welcome to the forum, bit late for that one now isn't it? But that's typical of me. Better late than never though I say. So many threads, so little time .

We've been to Lanzarote and stayed in the place just past costa teguise, god can't remember now. Have heard that Playa Blanca is the better part as it wa a bit windy city where we were and our friends said it was lovely where you are. Hope you enjoy it in the forum, it's a good laugh.

Karen & John

The old arcade??? You'll be asking if Bakers row and top rank are still the in place to go next  Still can't beat a good pint of Brains dark eh?

Like 0      
05 May 2007 7:37 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Bakers Row - wow Gina - some blast from the past that is - I think you're much too young to remember that!   Low lighting,  Barry White ..............mmmmmmmmm

Jane

Like 0      
05 May 2007 10:48 AM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

I have no idea what you're all talking about ..........................who's Barry White???

Hola Elle - we've been on hols to Lanzarote  - def stalking you Gina - we were in windy city as well  !!

Like 0      
05 May 2007 4:31 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Annie

Who's Barry White?, he was that bloke you pulled at the Bay city Rollers concert remember???

Like 0      
05 May 2007 5:46 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

OMG - now you're talking - Bay City Rollers  - think I've still got a cassette (!) around somewhere.  Wonder if you can download them onto the ipod .................... I'll be on the beach this summer singing away - & you'll all be avoiding me!!!!!!!!!!

Showaddywaddy were always a good singalong as well - 'under the moon of love, the moon of love...................................'

Showing my age or what

Like 0      
05 May 2007 7:49 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Annie

I thought I'd admit to it before you were told, my hubby always loves to embarass me and tells random strangers i have been to a bay city rollers concert. But I was only 12 at the time so there was a good excuse. If yo start singing on the beach then it will defo be bye bye baby

Like 0      
05 May 2007 9:54 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

If I start singing on the beach I'll clear it in 10 seconds flat!! Mind you - height of summer - might not be a bad talent to have .

Have been to a lot of concerts in my time but Bay City Rollers didn't feature - Dire Straits, Queen - even the odd Paul Young & Gary Glitter (!) - Queen was the biz for me though - Freddie in his heyday.

Have we strayed from topic again? - sorry Elle!!! - feel free to join in with our ramblings!!

Like 0      
05 May 2007 10:43 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Annie

you just read my mind mind, beat me to the post. Sorry too Elle. Do you know the name of the place we stayed in past costa teguise? I think I'm having a senior moment again

Gina

Like 0      
11 May 2007 7:31 PM by Elle1971 Star rating in Lanzarote. 29 posts Send private message

Elle1971´s avatar

Hey there KarenandJohn. Yes Playa los Pocillos is lovely. And we know a couple of members of the band "Question", who are the rock band that play in the American indian. if you go again... then do pop just upstairs to the right, for a meal in Carmen's Restaurant. Oh my god... it has the BEST Caribbean food ! Only on the last Weds of each month though... it's normal menu apart from that. we're haeding there at the end of this month, and also because it's the owner's birthday. Rum punch anyone?

Hi Candyfloss - it's never too late honey! Yes, costa teguise can be a bit windy... but in the heat during the summer, it's very welcome. It's 36 - 38 degrees here at the moment, with no wind. Thanks god for the pool... but we wouldn't have it any other way. Yes, we're down in Playa Blanca... and it's also my favourite part of the Island. Give it a try next time you're over. And give us a yell too!  I can't guess at where you stayed though. I'm good hon... but not that good!

Giggling away at the Barry White and Bay City Rollers convo - personally I preferred Hot Chocolate... but hey! "... I believe in miracles... where you from.... you sexy thing - you sexy thing you..."

(Elle runs off to the fridge to open the vino... whilst scaring the neighbors with her dodgy singing.)

PS: Sorry I've not been in this week - been really busy... but it's all good!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish Lottery - 8 posts
MUZZY LEVEL 1 - 1 posts
Delay in releasing Block 9 - Plus New Build Opposite Block 9! - 13 posts
Anyone in the UK with kids ? - 18 posts
Justin, here please. Need info. - 43 posts
BAR WARS!! - 2 posts
fiscal representive. - 1 posts
6 months to 3 months for non-residents - 7 posts
Beach Thieves! - Be aware! - 29 posts
anybody purchased through masa - 10 posts
buying cortijo costa tropical - 1 posts
Cost of Purchase on Polaris World - 7 posts
Signing on the Padron at new office, Torrevieja - 1 posts
The community meeting! - 2 posts
TAX SCAM - 1 posts
Imonl Legal Services Experience - 2 posts
Free Guide to Buying in Spain 36-page guide ... for free! - 3 posts
Duquesa - 3 posts
Tax Scam - 2 posts
ANY PROBLEMS WITH BUYING RESALES ? - 17 posts
Satalite TV - 2 posts
ENTERTAINMENT - 0 posts
Full Refund Requested "Aureus " - 2 posts
Re-mortgage - 4 posts
Help please with avatar - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 33

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x