buying cortijo costa tropical

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by vernon Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hello everyone my name is vaughan and i am new to this exellent forum and will be visiting the area guajar faraguit costa tropical in june. while in the area i will be visiting four cortijos which are for sale with plots of around 2500 sq mtrs the one i am really interested in has been partly rebuilt and needs finishing.the questions i need to ask you veterans of spain are inumerable and any feedback would be very welcome for example once i have purchased how long do i have to finish the building as my visits would be limited to gaps in my work schedule.i would also be placing a mobile home on the plot to live in while work progresses so once the works done do i have to remove mobile home.there is also no sceptic tank on site approx how much would one cost and they assure me electricity will soon be in the area it is 4klmts from the main road.any info on the area would be great and am looking forward any advice many thanks vaughan n vivien                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Like 0      
02 May 2007 7:52 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Hi Vernon,

Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure if there are many experienced Self Builders contributing on this forum but there are many members who would advise you to tread carefully before you buy any property in Spain. Reforming an old Finca sounds like a very exciting project but working in a very isolated area will no doubt have it's ups and downs? I would recommend that you look out for small local agents who have links with local bulding firms whove been out in the area for some time and have the necessary experience to advise you better? Find yourself a good independant solicitor to ensure that any purchase is legal and even check out the local planning office before you buy to find out what work you can legally carry out? If you do your homework and keep asking questions you won't go far wrong!!

Good Luck

This message was last edited by miket on 5/2/2007.

Mike T

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cost of Purchase on Polaris World - 7 posts
Signing on the Padron at new office, Torrevieja - 1 posts
The community meeting! - 2 posts
TAX SCAM - 1 posts
Imonl Legal Services Experience - 2 posts
Free Guide to Buying in Spain 36-page guide ... for free! - 3 posts
Duquesa - 3 posts
Tax Scam - 2 posts
ANY PROBLEMS WITH BUYING RESALES ? - 17 posts
Satalite TV - 2 posts
ENTERTAINMENT - 0 posts
Full Refund Requested "Aureus " - 2 posts
Re-mortgage - 4 posts
Help please with avatar - 1 posts
10000000's of questions about moving permanently to Spain. - 32 posts
Security Grills - 2 posts
wok buffet san javier? - 25 posts
new air line - 5 posts
appartment needed - 5 posts
Community Charges - 27 posts
Spanish Dream - 24 posts
ANGER MANAGEMENT (Deserved its own thread) - 14 posts
The things kids say .....!!!! - 2 posts
Contact name and number for Iberdrola - 2 posts
House Shares - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x